Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines (1434 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) / Nigeria Will Evacuate Nationals If South Africa Attacks Worsen – Minister / Patience Jonathan Arrives Abuja Aboard Emirates Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2006
America has banned its officials and nationals from flying on most Nigerian airlines following the latest crash of an ADC aircraft in Abuja.

State Department officials said the administration is "merely being cautious in the face of the frequent crashes in Nigeria".

The European Union countries are also reacting to the crash warning their nationals to be "very careful about air travels in Nigeria

It's time for new beginning
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2006
Hello stranger that story is incorrect, they are telling their national to be cautious in flying Nigerians domestic airlines, not BAN as you insinuate.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2006
ODEKU: Wake up

What ever the story may be, I still think it's a dent on our credibility and eventually this action will discourage investors from all over the world from investing in Nigeria. Nigeria will be labelled as a dead end or a forlorn country.

I mean, we don't expect American Airline to start transporting folks from Abuja to Sokoto etc. Just because our government is incompetent to do any thing correctly.

And keep in mind that this is Nigeria (the giant of Africa) we are talking about, not Congo. We need to get our sht together and stop pointing finger.

FYI: it is being speculated all over the world that the crash incident is a result of corrupt land and uncivilization.

It is time for new beginning.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2006
US bans nationals from Nigerian airlines
Wednesday, November 1, 2006

America has banned its officials and nationals from flying on most Nigerian airlines following the latest crash of an ADC aircraft in Abuja.

State Department officials said the administration is "merely being cautious in the face of the frequent crashes in Nigeria".

The European Union countries are also reacting to the crash warning their nationals to be "very careful about air travels in Nigeria".

A statement advised EU nationals to restrict their air travel to airlines with proven safety records. The reaction from Washington comes as American investigators arrive in Abuja for a full investigation into the ADC’s Boeing 737 plane crash.

The eight man team, sources said, will examine the black box of the aircraft which claimed at least 96 lives including the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Maccido, with officials of the Nigerian Accident, Investigation and Prevention Bureau (AIPB). Director of the agency Angus Ozoka, was handed the black box by the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Sunday Ehindero in Abuja. He said the foreign investigators will be led by U.S. accredited representative, Mr. Dennis Jones. He said Jones and his team will start preliminary investigation before sending the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) also known as black box and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) to the National Transportation Safety Board in Washington DC in the U. S.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2006
Bigb1 I still disagree with you Number 1 fear of investors are GOVERNMENT STABILITY AND A MILITARY OR DICTATORIAL government not plan crash, as bad as it sound.  Americans will always look to protect its citizen any where in the world where there is chaos for your information, after terror attack in London, they told Americans, don't fly or go to London, but does that stop people from going? NO. they speaking cause of election, so don't loose no sleep over that nonsense player.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2006
You do not get it.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2006
Do you know anything about investors?

Do you know what investors look for before implementing an engagement?

Trust me, when ever US is sending out this kind of messages, it is always a bad news. We need to get our sht together immediately by developing a stronger back bone.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2006
common sense my friend as much as you and I traveled, can they ban me or you from flying any commercial airline I choose to fly? the answer is no. cautious yes, but it's by choice and my right to fly or drive any Way and any how I choose.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2006
true strong backbone yes, and we have to have sanctions and stringent penalties for violators, we should even evaluating prosecuting airlines officials that are not in compliance. Remember USA is not as trust worth as they used to be especially after this IRAQ fiasco. Go to France, or any European country now, people don't give a damn what USA think or say any more.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Ynot(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2006
@ Big B1

Thats a wrong assumption. I agree with Odeku. Its typical US foreign policy stance on stuff like this. Take maxico for instance, the US always warn their nationals whenever there is a 'situation' over there yet it doesn't stop investors from doing business over going there.  Investors select countries on variety of prioritized criteria to which domestic plane crash is low. Can you honestly say investors were dying (no pun intended) to come to Nigeria before the recent crash? It goes way beyond that.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2006
It's time for new beginning.

We continue to beat around the bush, we all know the answer or solution to our problems. Some of us are too weak or not strong enough to make the truth known; but deep down inside everyone of us, we all know the only entity to bring us back to where we want to be.

Look out folks, the campaign is about to kick off. The answer is on the way. Very soon Nigeria will be back on top and jubilation will erupt all over the country.

Unabbreviated classy leadership style is on the way, folks.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Ynot(m): 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2006
Dude, whats your point. The ban or investors?
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by BigB11(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2006
It is absolutely clear that you guys do not know anything about investor or investing in another country.

You continue to compare Nigeria to Mexico or England. Wake up people, whether you like it or not, investors monitor all these unwanted situations and they take United States comment very serious.

It is currently being speculated that the crash incident is a result of corruption and uncivilization.

As an investor, will you be willing to get yourself involved with this kind of society? Capital NO

Uncivilized society represents, instability, ignorance, violent, lawlessness, insecurity etc.

Stop comparing apple to mango; wake up and face the fact, we need to get our sht together. Period
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2006
Here we go again, BigB1 are you focusing on the issue you posted or you campaining for your dad IBB? stop watching CNN and MSNBC, all this nonsense you talking about will not stop investors from investing in Nigeria if they want, couple months ago the richest man went to Nigeria to visit OBJ Bill GATE you think he is in Nigeria cause he likes black people or cause he wants to see lion and gorillas? as intelligent as you are my friend, stop listening to your dad and think on your own for a change. and stop insinuating that the crash incident is a result of corruption and uncivilization. accident do happen, a month ago a plane crash in NYC killing a baseball player, does that stop people from going to NYC. Boy come hang with me and let me school you.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Ynot(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2006
I will be damned!!! Is he seriously the son of IBB? No wonder they are both screwed in the head.
Re: Us Bans Nationals From Nigerian Airlines by Odeku(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2006
Yes now. and again what can you expect from my friend that has never worked one day in his life. BIGB1 we love you we just don't like your papa. sorry

(1) (Reply)

EFCC is A Threat To Democracy / Us Vs Iran: Which Way Nigeria? / Ijaw Youth Council give Militants 90 days to leave creeks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.