Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? (1084 Views)

Are You Sure You Have Been Born Again? / Who Is Jesus To You? / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 8:30am On Feb 14, 2016
✞ Really 'Sure' You Are Trusting
Jesus To Save You?
It’s all over for me, a pastor friend
thought. After visiting a leper
colony in Kano, one of the lepers
*touched him*. He said that he was sure he had been infected with the terrible disease.
He thought it wouldn’t be long
before it spread throughout his
body. He said he could picture
myself bleeding to death from a
cut, losing parts of my fingers and
toes.
Thankfully, his doctor *assured
him* several times that even
though the disease is contagious,
normal healthy people can’t get it
that way.
But my friend didn’t really
*BELIEVE-TRUST* the doctor, not
really, he said he did....but he really didn't.
Many people take this same
approach when it comes to their
own salvation. They *SAY*, "I
trusted Jesus to save me, believe
he died to pay for 'all’ my sins and
rose from the tomb to give me
eternal life, but.....
But they don’t really, really believe what God has said, as shown by their daily life. Instead of having faith in Jesus and what he did, they rely upon continually confessing their sins over and over each day, asking for forgiveness again and again, and being the best person they can be, just in case God is wrong.
Now, that is definitely *NOT* faith, and it won’t save them. The faith that saves us *takes God at His word* and *believes*-[trusts-in.] He means just what He says.
Saving faith/believing is TRUSTING
in and relying up what God word
says and what Jesus did to save us.
How many sins were in the future
when Jesus died for them? God is
not confined by time or space as
we are, he created it. He looked
down the long corridor of time
from Adam to the last man that
dies and paid the price for
forgiveness of all sins.
You don’t need a seminary degree
to understand this, but you need to have the humble heart of a child to embrace Christ, TRUST him to save you!
Here’s a test: Are you holding on to any of your good deeds to make it to Heaven, just in case God doesn’t know what He’s talking about?
Maybe you think you have to
confess your sins every day to stay
'tuned up' and be saved.
If 'YES' you’re living in 'FEAR' and
'insecurity' because you’re afraid of messing up and missing out on
eternal life. Believe me, friend, God
knows what He’s talking about.
*Trust Him* right now, and you
won’t be disappointed.
The sole condition for salvation is
*FAITH alone* that Jesus died a
substitutionary death on the cross
for 'ALL' our sins and rose bodily
from the dead for our salvation.
(Eph.1.6, Ro.1.16, 1 Cor. 15: 1-4; 1
Thess. 4:14)
Trust Jesus now and stop doubting.
@ If you are already a Christian,
then please *share* this Gospel
message on any social media for the lost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Trusting someone who can't save himself according to bible
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 10:43am On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:
Dear precious soul, trusting him is not by force.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:

Dear precious soul, trusting him is not by force.

Sure it's not by force just as sharing ones view isn't crime
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:

Sure it's not by force just as sharing ones view isn't crime
Yup..you're right but in this case I'd prefered you just waka pass or better still, swerve to the right or left. No offense. I see you're one of these atheists always derailing my thread. Please I don't have time and energy for arguement. Check my post on atheist, reread it again if you've done so before. You may comment on that as much as you like, okay? That's for you guys.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:

Yup..you're right but in this case I'd prefered you just waka pass or better still, swerve to the right or left. No offense. I see you're one of these atheists always derailing my thread. Please I don't have time and energy for arguement. Check my post on atheist, reread it again if you've done so before. You may comment on that as much as you like, okay? That's for you guys.

This is public forum for God sake,u are not in a position to tell me when & where to comment,did I derail d thread?no,u can't just be dishing senseless article out as u like,u re free to post any gibberish u like and am equally free to challenge any illogical thing u post

1 Like

Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:

This is public forum for God sake,u are not in a position to tell me when & where to comment,did I derail d thread?no,u can't just be dishing senseless article out as u like,u re free to post any gibberish u like and am equally free to challenge any illogical thing u post
looool...wonders shall never end! An atheist pleading *for God's sake*! Ur own atheism still dey learn work. Keep deceiving yourself just like your fellow colleagues, you hear?
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:

looool...wonders shall never end! An atheist pleading *for God's sake*! Ur own atheism still dey learn work. Keep deceiving yourself just like your fellow colleagues, you hear?

See u,am a yoruba lady & yoruba will greet anybody dat is hawking or selling dat "Aje awa". Aje is name of Idol in yoruba,Aje awa can literary mean u will sell,if a Christian now say Aje awa,does it mean he believe in d deity(aje)?, for God sake to me is as if saying for crying loud sake,it has no meaning to me,but if that elevate ur sky daddy congrats to him/her/it

1 Like

Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by xerxesII: 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Not everything you hear is the truth just because someone told you when you were little or at your most vulnerable.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
See dem...see dem...
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by promise10: 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:
Hmm, the veil on your face is too much.

He had the power to save himself but because of the love he had for people like you, he had to take up the death and condemnation so that you can be spared despite your imperfection.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by promise10: 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:
See dem...see dem...
Brother, I dey see them.
They don tire me sef.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
promise10:

Hmm, the veil on your face is too much.

He had the power to save himself but because of the love he had for people like you, he had to take up the death and condemnation so that you can be spared despite your imperfection.

He was killed according to ur Bible,he should have commit suicide if truly he died willingly to save us as u claimed,why wait till when they killed him forcefully,remember he didn't want to die
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please take note if you're an atheist just click here: www.nairaland.com/2918610/atheists-really-exist
You may comment there as you like. Thank you.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by venussian(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Thank you my brother for sharing this. What a joy to meet someone who understands its all about Christ.
It is high time believers get this right once and for all or never get it at all. This issue of forgiveness is a verily very, importantly important, fundamentally essential, and instrumentally necessary in the sphere of Christ redemptive project on the cross. You must have seen for yourself how sensitive this topic is as I have used adjectives alongside adverbs. Because this topic is controversial, it’s wisdom to disillusion self of any existing data and be objective to receive the sincere Word of Christ which is the T-R-U-T-H!The reason why most believers are living in sin is because they don’t know God forgave all their sins, all! So they reason, why not continue to live in sin, after all, God hasn’t forgiven the past ones. But this is wrong!

Also, there is this wrong idea of asking God to forgive before sinning. For example, someone who wants to gossip will say, Lord please forgive me of what I want say o because I know it’s a sin.

This will not happen if they knew they’ve been completely forgiven of all their sins because, what is there to forgive again? See, the truth is, if you love God, you will obey His commandment and seek to please Him (John 14:15).

But here is the problem; you can’t love God without knowing what He has done. And that is why the more you get to know what God has done in Christ by His word, the more you love Him all over again. What a romance!

I will advise you know your forgiveness status in Christ here.http://www.yourfaithandyou.com/2015/12/jesus-our-scapegoat.html?m=1
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by promise10: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:

He was killed according to ur Bible,he should have commit suicide if truly he died willingly to save us as u claimed,why wait till when they killed him forcefully,remember he didn't want to die

If he had committed suicide, then people like you will still use it as sin against him.

At a point he didn't want to die because he foresaw his death and he knew it will be very heavy, that's why he prayed "let this cup be taken away from me, oh lord". But after praying he was revealed that his death will be inevitable, he ended up saying "let your will be done"

He was not forcefully arrested, he handed himself to the military when they came for arrest.

Even, before his arrest, something hilarious happened.

When they came for jesus' arrest, they didn't know the main person that is jesus and they asked.

And jesus having known what they came for, replied them"I am he" and immediately they fell down on the floor.

Question; what made them fall on the floor?

Lady, don't be deceived, jesus is more than a prophet.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by venussian(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
reallest:

I really don't know your religion or philosophy. Does it really matter? You're definitely not a recipient of eternal life in Christ. And this eternal life is Christ himself whom you scorned 1 John 5:20.
My hands are tied as to what you profess, Islamism?Totemism? Buddhism? Humanism? Atheism? Agnosticism? ..... However, I want you to know that you're only being unrealistic and baseless on your assertion that he couldn't save himself. 1.you just showed a sheer display of folly and illiteracy. 2. Do you know history at all? 3. How sound are you in religion and history?
I'll advise you put sentiments aside and approach the truth in a scholastic manner my dear you. I love you but I just happen to hate ignorance and baseless opinions, even among Christians. Thank for reading smiley
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by promise10: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
venussian:
Thank you my brother for sharing this. What a joy to meet someone who understands its all about Christ.
It is high time believers get this right once and for all or never get it at all. This issue of forgiveness is a verily very, importantly important, fundamentally essential, and instrumentally necessary in the sphere of Christ redemptive project on the cross. You must have seen for yourself how sensitive this topic is as I have used adjectives alongside adverbs. Because this topic is controversial, it’s wisdom to disillusion self of any existing data and be objective to receive the sincere Word of Christ which is the T-R-U-T-H!The reason why most believers are living in sin is because they don’t know God forgave all their sins, all! So they reason, why not continue to live in sin, after all, God hasn’t forgiven the past ones. But this is wrong!

Also, there is this wrong idea of asking God to forgive before sinning. For example, someone who wants to gossip will say, Lord please forgive me of what I want say o because I know it’s a sin.

This will not happen if they knew they’ve been completely forgiven of all their sins because, what is there to forgive again? See, the truth is, if you love God, you will obey His commandment and seek to please Him (John 14:15).

But here is the problem; you can’t love God without knowing what He has done. And that is why the more you get to know what God has done in Christ by His word, the more you love Him all over again. What a romance!

I will advise you know your forgiveness status in Christ here.http://www.yourfaithandyou.com/2015/12/jesus-our-scapegoat.html?m=1
That is the need to preach the gospel of grace and stop preaching sin-conciousness, self-righteousness, law-consciousness and condemnation.

The reason why so many believers will still miss heaven is because that they rejected grace unknowingly by relying on their works, which they know but have ignores that they can NEVER be perfect in, and valuing LAW than GRACE, there by living in self righteousness, condemnation and sin-conciousness which finally leads to death in hell.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by marcopollo(m): 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
@ promise10 & venussian, thank you guys but don't waste your precious time arguing with atheists I found out they derive joy in arguement. Thank you guys once again.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by venussian(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:
@ promise10 & venussian, thank you guys but don't waste your precious time arguing with atheists I found out they derive joy in arguement. Thank you guys once again.

Alright bro. I've learnt over not to arfue with them. I just want to provoke his sense of reasoning. grin
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
venussian:

I really don't know your religion or philosophy. Does it really matter? You're definitely not a recipient of eternal life in Christ. And this eternal life is Christ himself whom you scorned 1 John 5:20.
My hands are tied as to what you profess, Islamism?Totemism? Buddhism? Humanism? Atheism? Agnosticism? ..... However, I want you to know that you're only being unrealistic and baseless on your assertion that he couldn't save himself. 1.you just showed a sheer display of folly and illiteracy. 2. Do you know history at all? 3. How sound are you in religion and history?
I'll advise you put sentiments aside and approach the truth in a scholastic manner my dear you. I love you but I just happen to hate ignorance and baseless opinions, even among Christians. Thank for reading smiley

What's all dis rant about? Can he save himself? Yes or no?leave all dis long epistle
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
promise10:

If he had committed suicide, then people like you will still use it as sin against him.

At a point he didn't want to die because he foresaw his death and he knew it will be very heavy, that's why he prayed "let this cup be taken away from me, oh lord". But after praying he was revealed that his death will be inevitable, he ended up saying "let your will be done"

He was not forcefully arrested, he handed himself to the military when they came for arrest.

Even, before his arrest, something hilarious happened.

When they came for jesus' arrest, they didn't know the main person that is jesus and they asked.

And jesus having known what they came for, replied them"I am he" and immediately they fell down on the floor.

Question; what made them fall on the floor?

Lady, don't be deceived, jesus is more than a prophet.
I don't have ur time now but be rest assured dat I will address dis
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by venussian(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2016
reallest:

What's all dis rant about? Can he save himself? Yes or no?leave all dis long epistle

Hello dear. Thanks for replying me. I was replying you yesterday night and was about submitting when my phone suddenly went off. Low battery oups undecided Well, I wasn't ranting, I only replied your comment. And you will agree with me that I was modest enough in my answer, despite the fact that you molested my Saviour. Wouldn't you be hurt if someone insult a closed one that is dear to you?
Alright, enough of my intro. To your question, Yes he'd rose on the third day. Of course you know that already, just didn't believe in it. Why? I wouldn't know. The greatest evidence of the Bibles inerrancy is internal evidence, i.e. the authority it exerts in accurate prediction of world events.
But for the sake of pedagogism, I'll advise you to go back to history, and by that, I mean an unbias, open mindedness to scholastic works.
I really don't know how to approach you because I don't know your philosophy like I said earlier. However, I am proud to say that I am a CHRISTIAN!!! A recipient of eternal life found only in Christ.
So what about you. Tell me yours.
Thank you dear.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by Scholar8200(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
op and venussian, indeed we receive forgiveness through faith in Christ and what HE and He alone has done for us; but after His forgiveness what next does He do for us?
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
venussian:

Hello dear. Thanks for replying me. I was replying you yesterday night and was about submitting when my phone suddenly went off. Low battery oups undecided Well, I wasn't ranting, I only replied your comment. And you will agree with me that I was modest enough in my answer, despite the fact that you molested my Saviour. Wouldn't you be hurt if someone insult a closed one that is dear to you?
Eiyah,dats Nigeria power company for us.i didn't insult anybody,I only stated d obvious fact about him but if u felt insulted about d fact I said am sorry,but it remain nothing but FACT

venussian:
Alright, enough of my intro. To your question, Yes he'd rose on the third day. Of course you know that already, just didn't believe in it. Why? I wouldn't know. The greatest evidence of the Bibles inerrancy is internal evidence, i.e. the authority it exerts in accurate prediction of world events.
perhaps u should point just three accurate prediction u re talking about & let's scrutinize it together,don't forget to show me proof dat he woke up after three days(outside bible)

venussian:
But for the sake of pedagogism, I'll advise you to go back to history, and by that, I mean an unbias, open mindedness to scholastic works.
name of ur unbiased scholars jare& let's see it truly u have point
venussian:
I really don't know how to approach you because I don't know your philosophy like I said earlier. However, I am proud to say that I am a CHRISTIAN!!! A recipient of eternal life found only in Christ.
So what about you. Tell me yours.
Thank you dear.

I don't believe in any supreme being whatsoever,u can term it as anything u like
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by venussian(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
reallest:

Eiyah,dats Nigeria power company for us.i didn't insult anybody,I only stated d obvious fact about him but if u felt insulted about d fact I said am sorry,but it remain nothing but FACT.

Don't be sorry. I wasn't offended. I was just saying because we are matured and shouldn't allow our disparities in belief lock our heads together. I appreciate your apology anyway. grin

perhaps u should point just three accurate prediction u re talking about & let's scrutinize it together,don't forget to show me proof dat he woke up after three days(outside bible).

1. Prediction if the division of the Alexandrian empire by his four empire.
2. Prediction of the return of Israel as a nation. This happened in 1948
3. Prediction of the coming of Jesus.

There is sure more to these.

name of ur unbiased scholars jare& let's see it truly u have point.

You still haven't gotten my point. What stance have you that you boldly concluded that there is no God? And what proof do you have? As to credible scholars, there are, even many atheist-turned-christians scholars. Of a truth, this discourse is not something we can do here. And it's not a day thing. I know a lot of Christians like to avoid arguments. I believe in dialectics. Email me and let's discuss.

I don't believe in any supreme being whatsoever,u can term it as anything u like

Well the world has termed that Atheism. However, I wouldn't know if you intrinsic or extrinsic. You don't believe there is devil, occult, and death. Where did you come from? Evolution? Where are you going after here? Nothingness? This life is more than meet the eye my dear.
Re: Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? by reallest(f): 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
venussian:

Well the world has termed that Atheism. However, I wouldn't know if you intrinsic or extrinsic. You don't believe there is devil, occult, and death. Where did you come from? Evolution? Where are you going after here? Nothingness? This life is more than meet the eye my dear.

I will surely mail u

(1) (Reply)

If You've Watched "Game Of Thrones", Then You Could Relate To This. (photo) / Nigerians Mock David Oyedepo’s Daughter For Performing ‘fake’ Miracle [pic, Vid] / Jesus Christ Will Return To Destroy The Earth This Month – Christian Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.