Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (556323 Views)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Erisco Foods Limited 2016 Recruitment (97 Positions) / Nigerian AirForce 2016 Recruitment Interview Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Haydez01(m): 8:09am On May 12, 2016
@mimzy007 I get small issue, I don't have flat feet but I'm overweight, so the arches ain't as high, is that gonna be a problem?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by thexzy(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2016
yrmybank:

Well then, since everyone is alluding to how easy it is to complete the distance. It's either the treadmill is inaccurate or I'm extremely unfit. We'll see how it goes on the day.
I used 8min to cover the 1st 2k race before starting the 3.2k on a stretch, which I completed in another less than 18min. During my 1st 2k race...my speed/Energy was so Bleep'n high and haven completed that, it started decreasing subsequently in the next 3.2k race towards 5th laps when I started feeling the groove.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Nobody: 8:14am On May 12, 2016
thexzy:
I used 8min to cover the 1st 2k race before starting the 3.2k on a stretch, which I completed in another less than 18min. During my 1st 2k race...my speed/Energy was so Bleep'n high and haven completed that, it started decreasing subsequently in the next 3.2k race towards 5th laps when I started feeling the groove.

Yh. Good for you.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by sampress: 8:35am On May 12, 2016
Fellow nairaland. U think 3.2km is easy but let me give u an instance if u are use to lag-Ibadan express road go there and use d km pillar to judge urself u will see dat if u are not a professional in race u can't finish 3.2km race in 18min especially d first or second timer. Is better u forget downloading app and use ur mormal time to time urself is not a day job to meet d target.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 9:16am On May 12, 2016
Haydez01:
@mimzy007 I get small issue, I don't have flat feet but I'm overweight, so the arches ain't as high, is that gonna be a problem?
Nna what are you waiting for You have 3 weeks, with seriousness you can burn some fat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 9:24am On May 12, 2016
In 2013 a young man from Ekiti covered the distance in less than 11mins, the commandant had to give him some cash for the impressive performance But before that time he showed me the distance he used to run, it didn't start 3 or 2 weeks to the selection board. Yes lanky people are good when it comes to long distance running but practice makes perfect either way. We need to help ourselves, it's easier said than done.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by thexzy(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
sampress:
Fellow nairalanders,. Is better u forget downloading app and use ur normal timer to time urself.
yeah that'ยง very true, if u can make use of ur normal timer, maybe in the phone or watch, it will serve u better. Mobile Applications can flop atimes since its programmed, there may be a run-time error during processing and other issues that your phone may exhibit in the course of execution of this app e.g HANGING, Low memory in processing data @this point it will be responding slow to assigned task and so on. Just get ur normal timer to avoid error due to parallax. I always make use of my phone timer when racing, its still cool anyway
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Franchise21(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2016
mimzy007:
Personally I wouldn't advice anyone to sign at the liaison office, unless it's time for the selection board and you are not able to get any of the listed persons. The reason is things seem different this time and you wouldn't want to shoot yourself in the foot by presenting something Contrary to instructions, you may get away with it but then again you may not. As for the attestation of good character, someone else who is In the category of those listed can issue you one.
Plz, my secretary to d LG signed my attestation letter bt attached an expired driver's license. Z dat gonna affect me?
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by ritzytbabs(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2016
michaelokoi:

pls i'm in Calabar also. I'll like to hav a talk wit u. 08068745134. U can add me on whatsapp. Tnks

i'll pm you on whatsapp now
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by ritzytbabs(m): 9:37am On May 12, 2016
Chukz1010:
Please, how do they download endomondo? I tried downloading on my blackberry but no result found on the app world.

i downloaded mine from google playstore, i doubt you will find it on bb app store.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by ritzytbabs(m): 9:38am On May 12, 2016
mimzy007:
You're welcome. I hope so too, amen that prayer.

Amen!!!!
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Derbyman(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2016
thexzy:
The Distance isn't that long as we all anticipated, if only u can get urself to the pitch, the job will be well done. I first Covered a distance of 2K before starting the race of 3.2k on a stretch which I completed in 17mins'59sec'23nanoseconds. So in all, I covered a total distance of 5.2k this morning. This is just a trial version of me now after I stopped doing this 6months ago.
i dont belive dat bro.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 9:57am On May 12, 2016
Franchise21:
Plz, my secretary to d LG signed my attestation letter bt attached an expired driver's license. Z dat gonna affect me?
It could, if they notice it they may think you are trying to be smart.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Millex(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2016
mimzy007:
In 2013 a young man from Ekiti covered the distance in less than 11mins, the commandant had to give him some cash for the impressive performance But before that time he showed me the distance he used to run, it didn't start 3 or 2 weeks to the selection board. Yes lanky people are good when it comes to long distance running but practice makes perfect either way. We need to help ourselves, it's easier said than done.
Yh practice makes perfect, I know guys who have been training since last year. The human body is capable of so much, it just needs adequate push. It's harder for bigger guys as they need a Lil more oxygen to cover their mass, there's nothing practice can't do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by dammyllare(m): 10:29am On May 12, 2016
It's true though...I take solace in the fact that my first race of over 100m in 9yrs yesterday made me finish 3.2km in 17mins
Well,putting the weather in kaduna to fact I know the minutes is poor...I will continue today even though legs are aching but I have to keep pushing
If I can beat 3.2km in less than 2wks within 15mins...I will be ready
Let's all be hopeful as we await the message
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by tsnap01: 10:58am On May 12, 2016
dammyllare:
It's true though...I take solace in the fact that my first race of over 100m in 9yrs yesterday made me finish 3.2km in 17mins
Well,putting the weather in kaduna to fact I know the minutes is poor...I will continue today even though legs are aching but I have to keep pushing
If I can beat 3.2km in less than 2wks within 15mins...I will be ready
Let's all be hopeful as we await the message

My advice to you as a relay runner is for you to stop training until your legs are okay if actually you want to make it to Kaduna without sustaining injury. don't be too anxious
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by dammyllare(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2016
tsnap01:

My advice to you as a relay runner is for you to stop training until your legs are okay if actually you want to make it to Kaduna without sustaining injury. don't be too anxious
Thanks bro,but the actual truth you always feel the aches around your thighs if you had stopped practicing for a while
The best is to continue as that will reduce the pain in the area and make your body adaptable to such
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 11:41am On May 12, 2016
As long as its not an injury, just achy muscles is OK. Because if it's an injury the pressure you put on it will make matters worse.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by thexzy(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2016
Derbyman:
i dont belive dat bro.
if you like you believe it or not....the whole truth is that Body systems/structures differ, I have more toughness when it comes to energetic things like this.....I know my strength than you do.....Is what I engaged in this morning and the time &distance covered I wrote up there is simply nothing but the whole truth. Never added nor subtracted....I bet you by morrow, I'll improve more than that Bleep'n time up there....am working on how to beat the target in less than 12min before selection board I.V. Have been engaged in Marathon race months back, but I dropped out due to certain engagements. I used a standard soccer pitch that is enhanced with a track event runway for athletics games for this race.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by DaveONchE(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2016
2012 Olympics Results

Men's 3000m (approx. 3km) Steeplechase

First Position: Ezekiel KEMBOI / Kenya / 8mins : 18secs . 56nanosecs
Second Position: Mahiedine MEKHISSI-BENABBAD / France /8mins : 19secs . 08nanosecs
Third Position: Abel Kiprop MUTAI / Kenya / 8mins : 19secs . 73 nanosecs

Men's 5000m (approx. 5km)

First Position: Mo FARAH / Great Britain / 13mins : 41secs . 66nanosecs
Second Position: Dejen GEBREMESKEL / Ethiopia / 13mins : 41secs . 98nanosecs
Third Position: Thomas Pkemei LONGOSIWA / / 13mins : 42secs . 36nanosecs
Source: http://www.olympic.org/olympic-results/london-2012/athletics?fullsite=yes

Now, did I just hear someone say he covered 2km in 8mins without a prior professional training and a standard well maintained athletic runway? Where the hell where you when Nigeria was looking for Alluminium in Olympics?

My brother, ur phone app or estimated distance is seriously messing with your head oO!

TIPS: Beginners who are not working on reducing weight, jogging 3 to 4 days only in a week (7days) is recommended! The interval is to allow you regain form and stamina. 3.2km (2miles) is not an USAIN BOLT thing please!

Start slow, increase your pace and find a stable speed you can maintain for as long as possible. NEVER start with a race just to beat 18mins, I caught a Knee sprain when I tried that the second day of my 3.2 jogging!

From my calculations and research, at a normal constant jogging speed, it takes 30mins to cover a 3.2km (2 miles)! So, if the Airforce expects you beat an 18mins time frame, u might wanna add a little more speed to the jogging!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Macmilla(m): 1:12pm On May 12, 2016
DaveONchE:
2012 Olympics Results

Men's 3000m (approx. 3km) Steeplechase

First Position: Ezekiel KEMBOI / Kenya / 8mins : 18secs . 56nanosecs
Second Position: Mahiedine MEKHISSI-BENABBAD / France /8mins : 19secs . 08nanosecs
Third Position: Abel Kiprop MUTAI / Kenya / 8mins : 19secs . 73 nanosecs

Men's 5000m (approx. 5km)

First Position: Mo FARAH / Great Britain / 13mins : 41secs . 66nanosecs
Second Position: Dejen GEBREMESKEL / Ethiopia / 13mins : 41secs . 98nanosecs
Third Position: Thomas Pkemei LONGOSIWA / / 13mins : 42secs . 36nanosecs
Source: http://www.olympic.org/olympic-results/london-2012/athletics?fullsite=yes

Now, did I just hear someone say he covered 2km in 8mins without a prior professional training and a standard well maintained athletic runway? Where the hell where you when Nigeria was looking for Alluminium in Olympics?

My brother, ur phone app or estimated distance is seriously messing with your head oO!

TIPS: Beginners who are not working on reducing weight, jogging 3 to 4 days only in a week (7days) is recommended! The interval is to allow you regain form and stamina. 3.2km (2miles) is not an USAIN BOLT thing please!

Start slow, increase your pace and find a stable speed you can maintain for as long as possible. NEVER start with a race just to beat 18mins, I caught a Knee sprain when I tried that the second day of my 3.2 jogging!

From my calculations and research, at a normal constant jogging speed, it takes 30mins to cover a 3.2km (2 miles)! So, if the Airforce expects you beat an 18mins time frame, u might wanna add a little more speed to the jogging!
What you are saying in essence is that we are not gonna jog for 3.2km, but we are gonna RUN 3.2km.
That is wicked.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by DaveONchE(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2016
Macmilla:

What you are saying in essence is that we are not gonna jog for 3.2km, but we are gonna RUN 3.2km.
That is wicked.

My brother, if only good job for dey this country, who go wan suffer this hardship just to join military when you never sure say them go even pick you.

Let's all hope for the best! Was talking to a friend of mine, he joined 2012 and he was telling me the 3.2 doesn't really matter, some people took drugs to run it and stuffs like that... Well, Baba God noni cos me don't do drugs! Would run my best and put the rest in God's hands!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by dammyllare(m): 1:37pm On May 12, 2016
Macmilla:

That is wicked.
We are expected to be in between "jogging and running"
Maintain a steady speed but what I know is it takes time to adapt your body to this race and I believe it's not impossible to get it done in 16mins
My aim today will be to reach 16mins from 17mins
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Macmilla(m): 1:47pm On May 12, 2016
dammyllare:

We are expected to be in between "jogging and running"
Maintain a steady speed but what I know is it takes time to adapt your body to this race and I believe it's not impossible to get it done in 16mins
My aim today will be to reach 16mins from 17mins
You sound like I'm training to compete in d next Olympics. Plz all I want is to serve my country in the air force as a military doctor and get good incentives for it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Macmilla(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2016
DaveONchE:

My brother, if only good job for dey this country, who go wan suffer this hardship just to join military when you never sure say them go even pick you.

Let's all hope for the best! Was talking to a friend of mine, he joined 2012 and he was telling me the 3.2 doesn't really matter, some people took drugs to run it and stuffs like that... Well, Baba God noni cos me don't do drugs! Would run my best and put the rest in God's hands!
I just don't understand. Are they looking for Husain Bolt or DSSC enlistees? I'm a medical doctor and I don't see how being a professional runner makes me a better doctor and therefore more useful to them. I think they should concentrate on the medical fitness. If they need runners, they can recruit athletes.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 2:04pm On May 12, 2016
Macmilla:

I just don't understand. Are they looking for Husain Bolt or DSSC enlistees? I'm a medical doctor and I don't see how being a professional runner makes me a better doctor and therefore more useful to them. I think they should concentrate on the medical fitness. If they need runners, they can recruit athletes.
Dear Doctor, before you show your works in the field of medicine in the Air Force you must prove that you are a soldier, it is the one thing everyone in the military must be before your profession comes to play. This thing has nothing to do with how well you will perform as a doctor like you said but the soldier in you must be fit and that is why until you pass the medical screening you won't be allowed to run. Mind you we will be running about 10kms several days of a week during training, it is what makes you different from your conterparts on the other side.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by DaveONchE(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2016
mimzy007:
Dear Doctor, before you show your works in the field of medicine in the Air Force you must prove that you are a soldier, it is the one thing everyone in the military must be before your profession comes to play. This thing has nothing to do with how well you will perform as a doctor like you said but the soldier in you must be fit and that is why until you pass the medical screening you won't be allowed to run. Mind you we will be running about 10kms several days of a week during training, it is what makes you different from you conterparts on the other side.

Chisos!!! 10kms.... Its ok, the only difficult thing here is the Selection board stuff! If only everyone is certain of being picked, that moral will come natural.

Not after the whole streinous preparation exercises, you didn't get shortlisted for reasons you don't know. GOd dey!
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by mimzy007(f): 2:29pm On May 12, 2016
God dey o my brother, if only there was assurance it would come naturally like you said.
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by ewa20buredi100: 2:31pm On May 12, 2016
mimzy007:
Personally I wouldn't advice anyone to sign at the liaison office, unless it's time for the selection board and you are not able to get any of the listed persons. The reason is things seem different this time and you wouldn't want to shoot yourself in the foot by presenting something Contrary to instructions, you may get away with it but then again you may not. As for the attestation of good character, someone else who is In the category of those listed can issue you one.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by dammyllare(m): 2:39pm On May 12, 2016
Macmilla:

You sound like I'm training to compete in d next Olympics. Plz all I want is to serve my country in the air force as a military doctor and get good incentives for it.
grin cheesy doc,dont be scared about it
We are going there with the aim of giving it our best try

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by ogreemah(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2016
Everything's gonna be alright, Air force or no Air force. God knows best.

Re: Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 12, 2016
Macmilla:

this really got me laughing hard...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (182) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.