Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu (40518 Views)

We Won’t Privatise Refineries Says Kachikwu / Nigeria's Oil Production Climbs To 2.1m Barrels Per Day, Says Kachikwu / US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by lexyclasy: 9:06am On Feb 15, 2016
idupaul:
Okonjo Iwealla said same...them don start
But thats the fact, They were international staff paid in dollars...that was a good job ideally
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Nellybii: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

No mind dem. angry All that 1 million USD, na hype. cheesy If he wants us to believe him, let him post his tax clearance certificate here, so that we can actually see how much he was earning & how much he paid as PAYE, in order for us to verify his claims. Na who be mumu?? mtcheew!

And who are you? A nobody hiding behind a faceless moniker, enemy of progress. And to answer your question about who be mumu. The answer is "you!!" gerrarahere
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by royal231(m): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2016
I knew this man... he is telling the truth.. his office was at Mobil towers .. around oniru.. ..

When he took this new challenge I didn't believe it was him.. that he could come down so low..

I hate APC ...but this man is solid.. and can do things .. very humble. ..
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by toprealman: 10:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Elparaiso:

I prescribe one tablespoon of sense after every meal.
You are losing sense fast.
Could work for you too because a dollar is now almost $340.......he bragged that it will be $1 to 1 naira!!!!

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Temptee101(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2016
How does what you lose in a year help Nigeria confront the numerous challenges facing her.

Stop acting like we can't do without you, in case you have forgotten we are more than 170 million in population. Get back to work and stop ranting or better still throw in the trowel.

2 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by lastpage: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2016
He is probably complaining that Buhari is not allowing him to loot enough money to cover his expectations, as a Petroleum Minister!

As Mobil M.D for West africa (Not even Africa, not even Africa and Asia, not even the World! ), he earns a lot of money (in Naira terms, but in Dollars terms, his "total package" is less than $100,000)) ...but he should spare us that bullshyte about losing money!

He could have been amongst those top-shots of Oil companies that were retrenched recently due to the global downturn in price of oil .... so he should thank Nigeria for keeping him employed.

Silly, arrogant he-goat

Lastpage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by demoore1(m): 11:01am On Feb 15, 2016
In my humble opinion, You should go back to your job and give the one million to Nigeria. They need money more than good governance..
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Deo1986(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Trying to avoid probe bro? you made far more than that monthly in Jonathan's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by odehman: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2016
Endison:
Pls Mr Man, I advise you to go back and enjoy Ur USD1million. You will regret serving under this dullard Buhari.
Don't say I did not warn you!
foolish man and you live In this country and you want to survive with your family I pity your condition. WANITE confirmed.. W.A.N wailers association of Nigeria
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by FBS: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2016
Translation please... undecided
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
odomanis:
Not all Nigerians are ill minded like you want us to believe. We still have responsible citizens all over the country. If you must know,at exxon Mobil and indeed every big establishment, the employees pay the right taxes. Their taxes are actually deducted at source and remitted to government. Nigerians should desist from talking down their bests, others celebrate theirs.

Guy, not all Nigerians are as gullible as you are. sad Some of us that have worked for multinational corporations know that for you to claim you have made 1 million USD as official earnings, when even their own citizens working at very senior levels for the same corporation within their own country, have not earned up to half of that, is a very tall order. How much exactly do you think 1 million USD is worth in real terms? and how easy is it to get as a paid employee? shocked If he has truly made that much and has paid the right taxes to cover his earnings, it would be very easy to see exactly how much he has earned, from his tax clearance certificate. Period.

When people make such assertions in public domain, they should be ready to back it up with proof. Not everyone will slavishly swallow any story making the rounds. If he cannot provide proof, why does he expect anyone to believe him? shocked What was even the essence of his remarks and the way he was peddling how much he was making or losing? Was it simply to make himself feel big? Abeg, make una shift carry all una folktales go una village... undecided

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nellybii:
And who are you? A nobody hiding behind a faceless moniker, enemy of progress. And to answer your question about who be mumu. The answer is "you!!" gerrarahere

Go for serious deliverance. All the insults you just spewed out up there shows that the madness wey dey worry you don dey enter part twoshocked No let them take rope tie you for market if you waka reach there...
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
vislabraye:
Men, you don't know how much Mobil spoils their staffs. If an entry staff earns over a million naira in salary and incentives, what do you think a man of his level will earn ? He's a technocrat unlike Fashola and Amaechi who need to depend on political appointments.

Go back and read it again. He did not say a million naira, he said a million US dollars. Na beans? Na so Mobil dey dash im managers USD?
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
lonelydora:
If you know him before now, you will know that 1million USD is even small to what he is losing. Do you know many companies he personally owns? Go find out.

And you that happens to know him personally, can you provide solid documentary evidence or proof to back up his assertions?? Or you expect people to swallow blindly any story they hear anyone telling them? shocked
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
iykedare:
A fresh graduate in nlng earn more than 1.2m naira so imagine what a vice president of Mobil,West Africa will earn.

Are you talking about 1.2 million naira per year or per month? Kindly clarify! I know fresh graduates who have worked for NLNG and none of them earned close to that, monthly!
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
seaga:
ExxonMobil, chevron are foreign owned companies, as such let's use one of the G8 nation as a case study. The highest paying profession in the United states are the Medicals, and they don't earn a million dollar as wages per annum. Just saying. ...

God bless you, oh! cheesy Some people are just so quick to swallow any story they hear! Do you even know much you would pay in taxes if you actually earned 1 million USD in a year?? shocked
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by cycluse: 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
We Nigeria never appreciate good things
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by iykedare(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

Are you talking about 1.2 million naira per year or per month? Kindly clarify! I know fresh graduates who have worked for NLNG and none of them earned close to that, monthly!

No you don't.

Most oil and gas firms pay more than 1.2m per month as starting salary for their new entrants. Ask anyone in Mobil,total,nlng .
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Double post.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
iykedare:
No you don't.

Most oil and gas firms pay more than 1.2m per month as starting salary for their new entrants. Ask anyone in Mobil,total,nlng .

Yes, I do. cheesy My neighbour coincidentally works for ExxonMobil, and when I told him about fresh graduates earning 1.2 million a month, he laughed and asked me on which planet within Nigeria, were those salaries being paid. Definitely not within his company. sad

Another of my friends works with NLNG. He got promoted just last year, and certainly did not earn 1.2 million per month as a fresh graduate within the company. So where do you get your figures from?
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by iykedare(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

Yes, I do. cheesy My neighbour coincidentally works for ExxonMobil, and when I told him about fresh graduates earning 1.2 million a month, he laughed and asked me on which planet within Nigeria, were those salaries being paid. Definitely not within his company. sad

Another of my friends works with NLNG. He got promoted just last year, and certainly did not earn 1.2 million per month as a fresh graduate within the company. So where do you get your figures from?

So what do you want me to do? Paste someone's payslip here?. Use Google to find out.

I tell ya most of these top oil and gas firms pay more than 1.2m/month as starting salary. Its either your neighbor isn't telling you the truth or he isn't working there.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
lonelydora:
Are you aware he rejected the job initially for weeks. You guys don't know that man. He is a big baller when it comes to money. I have been expecting this statement from him for long.

Ok, we hear you. It appears that you are either the wife, daughter or girlfriend of Kachikwu. Just tell him that some of us will not believe his claims until we see some proof. Chikena! cool
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
iykedare:
So what do you want me to do? Paste someone's payslip here. Use Google to find out.

I tell ya most of these top oil and gas firms pay more than 1.2m/month as starting salary. Its either your neighbor isn't telling you the truth or he isn't working there.

And I tell you that your claims are erroneous. I have several friends working in oil companies and none of them can corroborate your story. What does that tell you? The 1.2 million naira monthly salary for a fresh graduate does not exist in the oil firms you mentioned.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by akoladejesu(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
To serve Nigeria is not by force! D Buhari u know today is not the Buhari u knew back den.... Go back to it previous choice of career cos serving Nigeria is not what u r bin destined for......

Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.R.I.S.E!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by vislabraye(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

Go back and read it again. He did not say a million naira, he said a million US dollars. Na beans? Na so Mobil dey dash im managers USD?

I read it. It's a million dollars he said. I'm just make comparison. He's a top shot in Mobil oh. And his years of experience matters too. The money is not just salaries alone but other incentives.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by vislabraye(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
I saw this info. At least this would help...
http://www1.salary.com/EXXON-MOBIL-CORP-Executive-Salaries.html

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by GiantParrot(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
lastpage:
He is probably complaining that Buhari is not allowing him to loot enough money to cover his expectations, as a Petroleum Minister!

As Mobil M.D for West africa (Not even Africa, not even Africa and Asia, not even the World! ), he earns a lot of money (in Naira terms, but in Dollars terms, his "total package" is less than $100,000)) ...but he should spare us that bullshyte about losing money!

He could have been amongst those top-shots of Oil companies that were retrenched recently due to the global downturn in price of oil .... so he should thank Nigeria for keeping him employed.

Silly, arrogant he-goat

Lastpage!

What is wrong with you? Why on earth would you comment on an issue you know nothing about? Even entry level staff at Mobil Producing Nigeria earn more than 100,000 USD annually. Yet you dare say such nonsense about a former VP. I know the Mobil guys will hate me for revealing this. But come on, take a look at my moniker, I can't help it when I see bullshit like the one I quoted. It is very very likely that Kachikwu is being modest in making this claim. As far as legitimate finances alone go, the guy is definitely making a huge sacrifice by serving as Minister.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by GiantParrot(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

And I tell you that your claims are erroneous. I have several friends working in oil companies and none of them can corroborate your story. What does that tell you? The 1.2 million naira monthly salary for a fresh graduate does not exist in the oil firms you mentioned.

Yes, your friends are technically not lying. It is nit likely that an entry level IOC staff will take home N1.2M on the typical month. But that's just part of the story. The rest of the story is available to those who need to know tongue
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by lastpage: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
GiantParrot:

Yes, your friends are technically not lying. It is nit likely that an entry level IOC staff will take home N1.2M on the typical month. But that's just part of the story. The rest of the story is available to those who need to know tongue

GiantParrot:

What is wrong with you? Why on earth would you comment on an issue you know nothing about? Even entry level staff at Mobil Producing Nigeria earn more than 100,000 USD annually. Yet you dare say such nonsense about a former VP. I know the Mobil guys will hate me for revealing this. But come on, take a look at my moniker, I can't help it when I see bullshit like the one I quoted. It is very very likely that Kachikwu is being modest in making this claim. As far as legitimate finances alone go, the guy is definitely making a huge sacrifice by serving as Minister.

Immediately l read the bolded parts, l knew l was about to respond to someone who needs a BRAIN!

So, l decided against it. undecided undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by seaga: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
babyblissShop:
The oil industry is not the medical industry. I know it's hard for you guys to believe Mr Kachikwu but as the Vice President of ExxonMobil all his take home pay plus profit sharing should be more than a million dollars. ExxonMobil was the most profitable company in the world for sometime. At his level he gets some equity or shares that comes with dividends in USD. In the oil industry, it's not just salary. There are many allowances that are paid through out the year. Try and get more info. Drivers in the oil industry are paid far more than middle level managers. Why do you think it's so difficult to get a job there?

I didn't comment to argue on a man's financial status,especially a man I don't know in person, all I just said is a fact.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by lonelydora: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

Ok, we hear you. It appears that you are either the wife, daughter or girlfriend of Kachikwu. Just tell him that some of us will not believe his claims until we see some proof. Chikena! cool

Sorry bros, i am a husband, good son of a good father, and boyfriend of Kachikwu. Hope it helps?
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by GiantParrot(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
lastpage:

Immediately l read the bolded parts, l knew l was about to respond to someone who needs a BRAIN!

So, l decided against it. undecided undecided undecided

Lastpage!

I find your insult quite funny. You clearly think too highly of your self, a trait I find among children who are yet to learn their place. I could help you, but the fact that you think way to highly of yourself would be a great obstacle. I'll try to make this simple, with the hope that you can connect simple analogies, and that you are familiar with elementary statistics.

If you were observant enough, you would have seen that I didn't say the average month, but the typical month. They can mean entirely different things. Average is equivalent to a sample mean, and typical is more like the sample mode.

So in the sample space {1,1,1,1,1,3,8},
The average, which is 2.29, is significantly more than the typical or mode which is 1. It would be entirely wrong to multiply the typical by the number of elements in the sample space and claim the result is equal to the sum of elements in the space.
I hope I've helped you somehow, at least to be careful with the assumptions you make before running into conclusions. This should save you from embarassing yourself in public.

By the way, that a person's typical monthly take home is less than N1.2M, does not necessarily mean his pre-tax income, which is normally quoted as his earnings, doesn't exceed N1.2M.

NB: I'm assuming the currency conversion is done using the official exchange rate. That exchange rate as at 2012, when MPN last recruited was about 1USD to N160. That was the last time MPN had entry level employees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki & His Sister During Their Childhood Days / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea / Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.