Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! (5999 Views)

He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. / I Interviewed The Head Of HR At The Nigerian Stock Exchange - what she said! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by GenoMI: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2016
WOW! Is that even legal?? Unfortunately that is Nigeria for you. Please don't let it stop you - it's their loss/their problem, not yours. Keep pressing forward and you will eventually get a YES! I got a lot of no's when I started out as well, A LOT actually. But I can tell you that persistence pays.

ifeajikap:
I listened to your audio it was nice tried to volunteer myself in an organisation once in the accounting dept to get experience nd I was told the accounting dept was meant for only yorubas
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by abumeinben(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi @abumeiben, I will summarise the interview and let the house know once I put it up on the blog

That'll be ok
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by ndcide(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi @ndcide, not yet, I still work a 9 - 5, but will soon transition to this full-time grin

That's interesting. Seeing you've put in so much resources into this, I really had to ask. I admire what you do and you definitely have a cutting edge in how you present it.

I'm following. kiss
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by GenoMI: 10:45am On Feb 16, 2016
Thank you @ndecide, I'm SUPER PASSIONATE about young Nigerian job seekers and part of my mission is to 'expose' what goes on behind the scenes in our companies regarding how they recruit. cheesy

ndcide:

That's interesting. Seeing you've put in so much resources into this, I really had to ask. I admire what you do and you definitely have a cutting edge in how you present it.

I'm following. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by komek(m): 10:49am On Feb 16, 2016
FrankLampard:
At OP nice one

@komek

Most of this HR executive were dullards in the various field they graduated from, but were just opportune through connection to get to the level they are now.

You see many if them getting 3rd class and pass on their various courses in the university. Yet they come here on social media to brag. I personally know of one in my street, she graduated with pass in Statistics (very simple course), but through her uncle got a job in a small firm not even a big one self, yet if you hear her downgrade Nigerian unemployed graduate, you will cry.

My brother no course is simple and no course is hard. It all depends on ur approach towards it and ur passion for that course. This is the first class in all courses and u also find Pass and third class students. It depends on ur approach and passion.
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
GenoMI:
If your're struggling to get a job, and you're wondering 'What am I doing wrong? What is that employers want that I don’t have?' - this interview will help you gain a level of clarity.

I had the rare privilege of interviewing an international HR practitioner, who is currently the HR Director of a global multinational, working in their Lagos office. I asked her to provide answers to some of the most burning questions on the minds of young job-seekers.

She gave the inside scoop on:

1. The key employability skills employers look for in graduates
2. How to use social media platforms like LinkedIn to find jobs
3. How to negotiate your salary / pay package
+ lots more!

It's an audio recording and you can listen here:

http://skillsonthehouse.com/insider-tips-and-tricks-from-an-international-hr-practioner/

That's me on the left by the way grin grin

Download
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by stzy(m): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
FrankLampard:
At OP nice one

@komek

Most of this HR executive were dullards in the various field they graduated from, but were just opportune through connection to get to the level they are now.

You see many if them getting 3rd class and pass on their various courses in the university. Yet they come here on social media to brag. I personally know of one in my street, she graduated with pass in Statistics (very simple course), but through her uncle got a job in a small firm not even a big one self, yet if you hear her downgrade Nigerian unemployed graduate, you will cry.
I was enjoying ur write up until u called "statistics" a simple course... If u have been in a university b4 u wuldnt hav said that bt I guess school differs
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by FrankLampard: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
stzy:
I was enjoying ur write up until u called "statistics" a simple course... If u have been in a university b4 u wuldnt hav said that bt I guess school differs

Bro I have apologise. Leave me alone na.
Re: I Interviewed The HR Executive Of A Global Multinational - Here's What She Said! by stzy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
FrankLampard:

Bro I have apologise. Leave me alone na.
aapology accepted.... She was lucky 2 graduate at all... One hell of a department .... Also dem gather sadist lecturers lik geology n geography depts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Symantic Consulting Interview / Here Is Why New Applicants Don't Get NGO Jobs Often / NBPLC Sales Executives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.