Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre (1599 Views)

My Experiences As A Start-up Business Owner / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary / Caterin Bussiness. Help With Start Up Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by Dotbex(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
Hey I’m new to the cinema business and I need to see if anyone can help me out or point me to some good resources? I’m trying to construct and open a drive-in movie theater and I need some assistance finding start-up costs.

Mainly I need help with projectors and screens. Projectors: Where can I find projectors for purchase, which projector will I need, go with digital or not, and cost to expect? Screens: Can used screens be purchased and relocated, are there plans for screen construction somewhere, best way to build a quality screen while keeping cost as low as possible?

Any help, suggested resources, or mention of possible hidden costs will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Edidem
Re: Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by GODSON2009(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2010
this depends on where you are resident,if you are abroad then there are several audio visual companies who would sort you out,america seems to be your best bet because there are no drive thrus inthe uk but you must be very careful to seek out expert opinions and not just general opinions on here as we are talking of a lot of money here good luck
Re: Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by DeepSoul(f): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2010
Where's the cinema gonna be?

Location is key
Re: Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by sodipedara: 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
I love to associate with hot entrepreneur like you. This is a good business. As a chartered accountant you and anybody in business even personal finance will need a lot of financial advice. I discovered a lot of great financial tips here and it has helped me a lot. Please check here http://www.financialplanarena.info
Re: Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by Biggoozz: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
Hi Edidem,

Your venture idea is hot!  Months ago, I was asking peeps  why there are no cinemas in a lot of cities like Ibadan with teeming population making a good market for the cinema entertainment industry, like others said, it depends on where you want to locate this business.

But I would advise you to seek professional biz start-up support especially in areas like research/feasibility study and business plan so you have a grasp of the business environment before you venture.
Cheers.
Re: Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre by Biggoozz: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
o

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Consumer Protection Office In Lagos / A Company Needs Mack And Man Diesel Trucks For Hire Urgently / Trade Financial Derivatives(options) And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.