Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State (17276 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages / Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by blessedvisky(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
port to Glo abeg
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by ikdiaro(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
tollytexy:
Switch to other network naw.. abi dem tie your destiny to Airtel ??
arbeeee com hear com dey disturb any how like who lasa feaver dy worry* mtchew* hw u take make front page self?
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Nwokediok: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
i feel its part of change...
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Nwokediok: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
if na me i done waka frm d network
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by hemucology(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bad market for aitel
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by obi4all(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
akocce:
Rude Attitude Of Airtel Customer Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State

I don't know if anybody in makurdi has gone through the harrowing experience that Airtel Nigeria has put me through in the past week... I bought an airtel sim from their retail people who go about with these "Droids" (as they call them), I paid for the sim and he registered it. I then did the blackberry complete monthly subscription on the said sim, only for the sim to stop working the next day...

I called 111 and the customer care guy said the sim wasn't registered. The next day, I went to their office in Makurdi where I was told that there wasn't anything that could be done other than to do a "welcome back" for the sim. After the welcome back, the subscription did not come up...

I went back to complain, and the customer care lady I met told me that there was nothing she could do. When I persisted, she said that she doesn't "eat MB" and that I was disturbing her. Some people who came to buy their lines left when they overheard me complaining. Then she was like I had made people who wanted to patronize them leave... I left the office empty-handed, And up till now, I have not heard from airtel despite calling them like three times!

I believe that customers should b treated with more respect than this
that's airtel for me. I had similar experience on dec, 25, 2016. I subscribed for the same data plan. they took my money without giving me the 3gb data. I called them up to 13 times under one week, all their customer care rep kept telling me at each call was that they were working on it and DAT my money would be refunded under 24 hours. but throughout January, I neither had my money nor my 3gb. I simply dropped the airtel sim and switched to Glo, and since then, i ' ve been relieved of the anger that aitel ignited in me. try Glo and you will become happy again like me

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Unseen(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
@Op
On Airtel Network, BB subscriptions don't cross over after a sim swap because the serial number of the old and new sim are not the same. What the Airtel staff was meant to do was just a simple BB swap. that is to swap the bb plan from the o old sim to new sim.

But the question is. Did you explain to her that you did a sim swap?

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by rmgbemeje: 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dear Akocee, apologies for the experience you had at our Markudi branch, kindly send me your airtel phone number( in which you subscribed to the bb complete plan) , and let me run a check on the line. Thank you for choosing Airtel
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Kenchukky(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
They are frustrated. Airtel has been bought over and many of them know they are leaving.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by larrymoore(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Airtel na wash mtn na washer
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Yewandequeen(f): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Unseen:
@Op
On Airtel Network, BB subscriptions don't cross over after a sim swap because the serial number of the old and new sim are not the same. What the Airtel staff was meant to do was just a simple BB swap. that is to swap the bb plan from the o old sim to new sim.

But the question is. Did you explain to her that you did a sim swap?

How will she be able to when the op didn't even allow her do her work nko #just saying
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by nnamokenna(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
akocce:

I don't know if anybody in makurdi has gone through the harrowing experience that Airtel Nigeria has put me through in the past week... I bought an airtel sim from their retail people who go about with these "Droids" (as they call them), I paid for the sim and he registered it. I then did the blackberry complete monthly subscription on the said sim, only for the sim to stop working the next day...

I called 111 and the customer care guy said the sim wasn't registered. The next day, I went to their office in Makurdi where I was told that there wasn't anything that could be done other than to do a "welcome back" for the sim. After the welcome back, the subscription did not come up...

I went back to complain, and the customer care lady I met told me that there was nothing she could do. When I persisted, she said that she doesn't "eat MB" and that I was disturbing her. Some people who came to buy their lines left when they overheard me complaining. Then she was like I had made people who wanted to patronize them leave... I left the office empty-handed, And up till now, I have not heard from airtel despite calling them like three times!

Your own is even small.

In my own case, after registering nearly two years ago - twice actually because they called me to come and register again weeks after - I recharged to make a call but to my greatest surprise, was told that my line has been blocked because of non registration.

Imagine that! No warning. They even allowed me to load the recharge card and I can't use it.

Anyway, I have decided to abandon the line. Fortunately, it's not my main line so I can afford to do away with it. No be me them go see at all at all.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by DavidEsq(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Well, you could have been pissing them off too...Tech support have to deal with lots of bullshitt on a daily basis, so quit your whining.
Another ill mannered airtel staff spotted.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by alrahmanonline(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
ifychianna:
hmm
Fraud alert!!!
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Janey411: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
This is surprising. It will be nice of the poster to give us an entire story of what happened. Airtel have some of the best customer care around. On my last visit to their help centre I got my issue resolved in less than 10 minutes. So it's really surprising hearing this.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by DesChyko: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
Who knows how you must have made your request? Rudely perhaps. Else, dial 622. You should have recorded the conversation when you discovered it was going awry.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by sunday2012(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
martyns303:
This guy hasn't told the entire truth, he gave the event of what happened in his favour. The first to complain is always regarded as the truth until the second party counters him.

It's garbage in garbage out, with the way you are ranting here, one can only imagine how you would have acted at their office, "customer should be treated with more respect" it's not a justification for you to act rudely and expect a yea sir.

With your precious data, you must have gone their barking without trying to be rational. I have a friend who called MTN to complain how they are deducting his credit, he was just yelling at the customer care agent, from the response of the agent, u could tell she is pissed but managing to maintain her cool. I took the phone from him and apologized, then I asked her to check if there are subscriptions that are deducting airtime and to opt out, turns out dude subscribed to callertunze and a lot of stuffs.

Approach is everything. So bros tell us what really happened from the angle of a bystander.
so what are u saying even if he barking like a dog don't they have provision for pple of his category and still mentain all type of customers airtel should train their staff well before they help them loose more. Trust I can't use the line again

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Unseen(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yewandequeen:

How will she be able to when the op didn't even allow her do her work nko #just saying

The agent didn't trouble shoot properly... A simple check on the line will show when the plan was done..... with that the agent can ask possible questions that will reveal the sim swap...... but the Op has some blame too

2 Likes

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by maestroz: 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
akocce:

guy why complain when you could have done a 'kanye stunt' or 'olamide badoo' as in the headies. this would have drawn the attention of even the GMD to you and made you famous like olajumoke.

you just missed an opportunity of being made a celebrity.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by DavidEsq(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
temmyt20:
pm me, lemme av ur number, and lemme kno what rly u mean
by it stopped working....did network go off d sim or what,
Let's assume I came in with him. Could you explain yo me why my airtel line was deactivated despite the fact that I registered it over six yrs ago?
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by banmee(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Well, you could have been pissing them off too...Tech support have to deal with lots of bullshitt on a daily basis, so quit your whining.

Bros, their job is to deal with customers bullshiit. And what you call whining is called demanding "quality customer service". His subscription helps pay her salary. Nigerians are just too used to below par services.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by oathman(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
thank God, is not MTN staff this time around
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by SilvanusII(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
martyns303:
This guy hasn't told the entire truth, he gave the event of what happened in his favour. The first to complain is always regarded as the truth until the second party counters him.

It's garbage in garbage out, with the way you are ranting here, one can only imagine how you would have acted at their office, "customer should be treated with more respect" it's not a justification for you to act rudely and expect a yea sir.

With your precious data, you must have gone their barking without trying to be rational. I have a friend who called MTN to complain how they are deducting his credit, he was just yelling at the customer care agent, from the response of the agent, u could tell she is pissed but managing to maintain her cool. I took the phone from him and apologized, then I asked her to check if there are subscriptions that are deducting airtime and to opt out, turns out dude subscribed to callertunze and a lot of stuffs.

Approach is everything. So bros tell us what really happened from the angle of a bystander.

While what you have typed is right, you cannot keep being gentle when u have complained on the same issue over and over again and all you get is "We are sorry about that, sir. We will rectify the issue" and then u r hit next with "What local government are you calling from?" like na that issue cause make I call them. Besides, THEY are ALWAYS at fault with their unsolicited text messages and signing u up on tarriff plans without ur knowledge or consent.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Yewandequeen(f): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Unseen:

The agent didn't trouble shoot properly... A simple check on the line will show when the plan was done..... with that the agent can ask possible questions that will reveal the sim swap...... but the Op has some blame too
My point exactly
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by tomdon(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
call Ncc and complain. call 622
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Roses1(f): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
just do a sim swap to another ntwk, same no, different ntwk. end of story.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by temmyt20(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
DavidEsq:

Let's assume I came in with him. Could you explain yo me why my airtel line was deactivated despite the fact that I registered it over six yrs ago?
yes, u may av registered, but probably ur registration was incomplete....nd no, its nt ur fault d registration was nt done properly neither is it ur fault u may nt av received a msg to tel u to register again prior to it been disconnected
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Does Airtel still exist? undecided
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by omortoyosi01(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
Anty.. Abeg no vex
It's the network problem...I as a representative here @ ekiti state, we experience the same issue 2.
There was even this case of a lady who recharged #1500 on a new Sim I activated 4 her only 4 the sim network to fail. The network came up later after 24hrs but the data ND the airtime has already disappeared. The lady is on my neck now ND she has promised to send her aiye brothers after me if I don't find her a solution angry

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by tunnyl(m): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
Some of their customer agents will disconnect your c

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by tunnyl(m): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
Some of their customer agents will disconnect your call if they dislike your statements. Its annoying

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by alexis(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
akocce:

Write a nice letter to their legal department. Alternatively, ask for your money back and go somewhere else. If they refuse to pay you - start litigation about the incident.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out The Reason For Clearing Cache As Well As Data On Android? / Samsung Galaxy S8, My Real Life Review After 10 Days / Post Pins Of Stolen Blackberry Phones Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.