Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects (34846 Views)

Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / 2016 Budget South East Gets Lowest Allocation / Nigeria: South West Gets Lion Share Of Fashola's 2016 Capital Projects- DT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by ZUBY77(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
aresa:

The greatest fraud is jona and his thieving gang budgeting N117 billion for the same bridge, that's N100 billion more jona set you up for to pay JB in tolls for 30 years.

Thank your God jona's looting N117 billion and 30 years tolling didn't transpire.

We all don't like fraud, but you really need to watch and see as the work goes on.
I doubt that amount would do half of that bridge.

However, it's 2016 Budget. The bridge would not be finished in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by yak(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
loopman:

I thought Joanthan turned those roads and all the roads in the SE into 10 lanes highway. I Just realized that in term of infrastructural developments, he was a failure over there too, I then wonder the reason for the fanatical support you all gave him.

my broda, I neva voted for either GEJ nor PMB. I felt GEJ failed me as a man also thought the south east wont benefit from the govt of PMB. SONAYA all the way

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by idros4real: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ilorin Jebba road need urgent attention, if a pregnant woman ply that road she will give birth immediately she reach home. Mokwa Bida road I don't believe it was justified because the last time I went to Minna for my convocation contruction was going on, well maybe finishing touches because TERACTA did a great job there but don't know if they finshed that road.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by AtlanticBreeze: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
niyi123:

Don't be silly! SE has no resources that is beneficial to the nation as of now
Abia and Imo are part of NDDC and recieve 13% derivation unlike SW barren areas fyi

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
you are sounding petty daily with this your tribal supremacy battle you engage here. Don't join the crowd rather be different and create a niche for yourself

In as much as I'm unapologetic about my Yoruba identity and I'm passionate about who I'm, unlike some confused folks who live in a bubble, where they feel more attached to a fictitious nationality - I don't have time for tribal supremacy battle and there's nothing tribal here.

Objectively, if we're to break this down, based on what Nigeria ought to be, if the whole country were to be homogeneous - you would see that the budget is a fair one. I think only folks viewing it from a prism of bigotry and along tribal fault-lines would say otherwise.

When you look at the migration pattern of the country, and how lopsided it's, with most folks going towards the SW and Lagos being the centre for everything - you'd see why the SW should get the largest chunk. When you look at the SE for example, it's mostly homogeneous, with more outward migration, to other parts. You can't compare the pressure on infrastructures in that region to the SW. Ditto all the other regions. Then you've got the Lagos factor, where everything in Nigeria goes through. And to get to Lagos, you've to go through almost all the other SWern states. Furthermore, you've a case whereby Lagos, which happens to be the smallest state in Nigeria, and based on population distribution across the country - shouldn't have more than 4 million people - with over 20 million people. Once you start doing the maths objectively, you'll actually see that the SW deserves more FG presence based on the Lagos factor alone and at least 50% of everything by the FG should be allocated to the SW.

The SW has been subsidising others for too long, with nothing in return, hence all the states are heavily indebted. And something has to give cos the region can't keep carrying everyone's burden on its head.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
shizzy7:
Dude, you're so funny with all these your jagba-jantis arguments....

Fireworks that has been killing your people since time immemorial, as far as you continue lighting it in your house, state, region, zone, potential country.....
WHO CARES??

SHEBI YOU ARE PROUDLY 5%..
we are giving you more than that you're complaining...

sirshymexx and topeakintola really has time for your brain..

Shizzy, my new e-wife and my type of Yoruba chic. wink
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
[s]
pasol4real:

I hav bin seeing dullards but yours has a different dimension.So Lagos is resposible for more than half of the fg 's revenue .
Chai wanders shall never end on nairaland.
[/s]

Lmao.

I've not even e-smacked you, yet you're already dazed and confused. If I decide to whoop ya arse like a slave on the plantation, you'll run to the mods to snitch, while crying like an effeminate biitch. grin

Today is ya lucky day.

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Amberon: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
hush it. South west has never and will never feed the nation. Oil still accounts for major source of revenue to the government. so what's your point??
oduastates:
The least that we deserve
We are feeding all of ya right now
most of Nigeria's oil is offshore
It cost an average of $30 to produce .
Oil is selling at less than $30 a barrel
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by nzeobi(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
jelal007:
Why GEJ no do am?
Work was ongoing on that road in 2015
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Abraham2013(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
I tink the onitsha-Enugu-Umuahia-Aba-port harcourt road is very vital to d economy of dis country. The FG should pay more attention to it an make sure it is completed b4 dat of Enugu abakaliki wit due respect to my ebonyi state brothers.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

In as much as I'm unapologetic about my Yoruba identity and I'm passionate about who I'm, unlike some confused folks who live in bubble, where they feel more attached to a fictitious nationality - I don't have time for tribal supremacy battle and there's nothing tribal here.

Objectively, if we're to break this down, based on why Nigeria ought to be, if the whole country were to homogeneous - you would see that the budget is a fair one. I think only folks viewing it from a prism of bigotry and along tribal fault-lines would say otherwise.

When you look at the migration pattern of the country, and how lopsided it's, with most folks going towards the SW and Lagos being the centre for everything - you'd see why the SW should get the largest chunk. When you look at the SE for example, it's mostly homogeneous, with more outward migration, to other parts. You can't compare the pressure on infrastructures in that region to the SW. Ditto all the other regions. Then you've got the Lagos factor, where everything in Nigeria goes through. And to get to Lagos, you've to go through almost all the other SWern states. Furthermore, you've a case whereby Lagos, which happens to be the smallest state in Nigeria, and based on population distribution across the country - shouldn't have more than 4 million people - with over 20 million people. Once you start doing the maths objectively, you'll actually see that the SW deserves more FG presence based on the Lagos factor alone and at least 50% of everything by the FG should be allocated to the SW.

The SW has been subsidising others for too long, with nothing in return, hence all the states are heavily indebted. And something has to give cos the region can't keep carrying everyone's burden on its head.
using your parameters can you say the people of London have been "subsidising" the Scottish or Welsh who live and work in london. Lagos is a former federal capital and I can authoritatively tell you that the money from oil was used to develop it to this stage. Don't talk about offshore oil well because the SC has gave a judgement which made states like Akwa ibom to be the richest oil producing state cos of offshore oil wells.
I think you need to desist from all these because I was there once upon a time and it never had a happy ending for me. It saps out the good in you
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
you are sounding petty daily with this your tribal supremacy battle you engage here. Don't join the crowd rather be different and create a niche for yourself

what's petty about his post, is it a crime to say it as it is (bluntly) that guy is not one you should be preaching to. he always stood out

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
santori:

what's petty about his post, is it a crime to say it as it is (bluntly) that guy is not one you should be preaching to. he always stood out
go and play with your toys. Thanks
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
using your parameters can you say the people of London have been "subsidising" the Scottish or Welsh who live and work in london. Lagos is a former federal capital and I can authoritatively tell you that the money from oil was used to develop it to this stage. Don't talk about offshore oil well because the SC has gave a judgement which made states like Akwa ibom to be the richest oil producing state cos of offshore oil wells.
I think you need to desist from all these because I was there once upon a time and it never had a happy ending for me. It saps out the good in you

Well, London subsidises not just Scotland and Wales, but everywhere else in the UK. The GDP of London is about a quarter of the UK's GDP and higher than Turkey's GDP, hence London always take the largest chunk of the UK's budget.

Oil money play a role in the development of Lagos, just as it did in the development of all the states in the federation. However, claiming that oil money is primarily responsible for the development of Lagos is utterly disrespectful to the prime location of the state and its cosmopolitan history. Lagos state was NEVER the capital of Nigeria - Lagos Island and a few parts of Lagos were. And the other parts were under the Western region. Before oil, Lagos was already a thriving city, and before Nigeria - from way back in the 17th century, the biggest asset of what's known as Lagos state today, has always been its location. Hence it has always been trading centre between European explorers and the local folks there.

Also, oil money doesn't even belong to the SS alone cos most of the offshore oil wells fall within the SW's territorial waters. And once we get into the technicalities of everything - you'd see that the SW ought to be getting more from the oil wealth. However, that isn't the case and the so-called oil region are the only ones taking the 13% derivation. Now add the fact that Lagos generates enormous wealth for the FG in taxes, seaport etc.. You'd see that the SW is the most cheated region in Nigeria. That's the honest truth.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Abia and Imo are part of NDDC and recieve 13% derivation unlike SW barren areas fyi

ondo state belongs to ? and even the oil in abia and imo altogether is now up to ondo state's own. you see yourself?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by pasol4real(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]
[s]
Lmao.

I've not even e-smacked you, yet you're already dazed and confused. If I decide to whoop ya arse like a slave on the plantation, you'll run to the mods to snitch, while crying like an effeminate biitch. grin

Today is ya lucky day.
[/s]
Mtcheeew .
A beg leave trash for lawma .
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by omonnakoda: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
When the LNG project or other investment project is constructed in the Niger Delta no one kids themselves that this is the Niger Delta's share of the National Cake . Let us not do the same with the Lagos -Ibadan express way which is largely for the benefit of the North. The truth is the SW has suffered because of Lagos Places like Ekiti especially. Ekiti is about 4 hours journey from Lagos,Why?

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=Amberon post=42977484]hush it. South west has never and will never feed the nation. Oil still accounts for major source of revenue to the government. so what's your point??[/quote

you don't need to cry over. go and read about how the govt intends to finance the budget, then you will see the light. crude oil sale will barely give the govt a trillion naira while the proposed budget is 6trillion
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Amberon: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
its okay to dream wink[quote author=santori post=42978322][/quote]
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ecoterrorism:

I'm not one of your pairs either. You just too childish for my attention. go back to the kitchen and cook the family dinner before madam returns back home. #myadvice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by santori: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ecoterrorism:

I'm not one of your pairs either. You just too childish for my attention. go back to the kitchen and cook the family dinner before madam returns back from office #myadvice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Wolfbrother(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
Nnamdi Kanu is SMART.

He is simply waiting for the final verdict from EU and British parliament.

Until then, he is just playing the fool, cooling off in prison.

Once the time is right, the real fireworks will begin.

So don't rejoice yet.

Soon all Yoruba and Hausa scheming and stealing will end permanently.

Pretty brave words coming from someone posting from a dummy account.....
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by MrGerald(m): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again
My friend where did you see 29b there? it says 2.9b, that SE got the least, in case of Onitsha niger bright, is already 17b
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by MrGerald(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again
My friend where did you see 29b there? it says 2.9b, that SE got the least, in case of Onitsha niger bright, was already 17b concession
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by pasol4real(m): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fashola is an unrepentant ,tribalistic bigot.n very soon Just sooner than later it wud lead to his downfall.
While it wud be foolish to even comment on this good for nothing budget of corruption because clearly it wud never come to fruition,ali ndume n other legislatures wud see to that,one must be forced to state that this is the height of injustice,n the people behind this must be seriously dealth with one way or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by millionaireman: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
That is common sense Budget allocation

The SW is home to most Nigerians, it is only right that it gets the lion's share

The SW is bombarded by immigration from other parts of the country , especially the SE, so the government has to provide more infrastructure for the region to take care of the emigrants

Lol, you are therefore encouraging lopsided development against the south east.

Southeast with N2 billion Naira federal government projects in one year.

Only the most foolish and most self-centred Igbo who doesn't think of his/her future generations can still subscribe to this One Nigeria.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by gods134(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
May God punish you for DAT rational defense of evil
That is common sense Budget allocation

The SW is home to most Nigerians, it is only right that it gets the lion's share

The SW is bombarded by immigration from other parts of the country , especially the SE, so the government has to provide more infrastructure for the region to take care of the emigrants

[/quote]
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by loopman: 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
pasol4real:
Fashola is an unrepentant ,tribalistic bigot.n very soon Just sooner than later it wud lead to his downfall.
While it wud be foolish to even comment on this good for nothing budget of corruption because clearly it wud never come to fruition,ali ndume n other legislatures wud see to that,one must be forced to state that this is the height of injustice,n the people behind this must be seriously dealth with one way or the other.

Biafra grin
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by millionaireman: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
pasol4real:

But when Nnamdi Kanu was telling the truth about Nigeria's wicked policies against the south east and south south, some Igbos who have landed property in Lagos and Abuja, as well as those who chop from Nigeria's corrupt and evil political process remain dormant, some even beat the band backwards.

This is just the beginning of Igbo woes in one Nigeria.
In a short time, all things being equal, those Igbos who have landed property in Lagos and Abuja and in government shall start to open their mouths to let rest of Nigeria urinate and shiiit into their mouths - nothing happens.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by UrbanMystique: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
Imagine allocating 88 Billion to SW which does not have a drop of oil (Ondo oil really comes from part of Delta State which was forced into Ondo https://www.nairaland.com/2708542/nbc-ceded-part-delta-oil)
and allocating only 2 Billion to SE which has sizeable Oil deposits, both tapped and yet to be tapped in all the states except Ebonyi and huge gas deposits, is the height of Blind hatred, Ethnic Bigotry and Tribalism.
Fashola is BIG disgrace and this Rubbish will not stand.

Is this the change?

We are watching you guys in 3D.
stop spreading false rumour.. Ondo produces more oil than all 2 south eastern states producing oil.. South west is the largest oil producer in Nigeria after south south .

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Theflint1(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Well, London subsidises not just Scotland and Wales, but everywhere else in the UK. The GDP of London is about a quarter of the UK's GDP and higher than Turkey's GDP, hence London always take the largest chunk of the UK's budget.

Oil money play a role in the development of Lagos, just as it did in the development of all the states in the federation. However, claiming that oil money is primarily responsible for the development of Lagos is utterly disrespectful to the prime location of the state and its cosmopolitan history. Lagos state was NEVER the capital of Nigeria - Lagos Island and a few parts of Lagos were. And the other parts were under the Western region. Before oil, Lagos was already a thriving city, and before Nigeria - from way back in the 17th century, the biggest asset of what's known as Lagos state today, has always been its location. Hence it has always been trading centre between European explorers and the local folks there.

Also, oil money doesn't even belong to the SS alone cos most of the offshore oil wells fall within the SW's territorial waters. And once we get into the technicalities of everything - you'd see that the SW ought to be getting more from the oil wealth. However, that isn't the case and the so-called oil region are the only ones taking the 13% derivation. Now add the fact that Lagos generates enormous wealth for the FG in taxes, seaport etc.. You'd see that the SW is the most cheated region in Nigeria. That's the honest truth.
Bro stop talking trash. In simple terms, what percentage does all the tax revenue from Lagos contribute to the budget of Nigeria?
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by obailala(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrGerald:
My friend where did you see 29b there? it says 2.9b, that SE got the least, in case of Onitsha niger bright, was already 17b concession
N17billion is the FG's contribution to the agreement, the concessionaires would bring the remaining 100 or so billion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Odds Against Buhari On Saturday - Vanguard / I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary / Buhari Pays N500,000 As Fatima Dangote's Brideprice At Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.