Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,239 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects (34862 Views)

Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / 2016 Budget South East Gets Lowest Allocation / Nigeria: South West Gets Lion Share Of Fashola's 2016 Capital Projects- DT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by VirginFinder: 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
You see your life ?

See the twisted way you think?

So, Oil from another man's region should used to develop SW and Lagos for you guys, so that tomorrow your Lazy ass deranged & useless Oba will start looking for someone to throw into the Lagoon?

Stay out of our local politics!
That is all what the Oba was/is saying.
Nobody is chasing you away.

8 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
luvmijeje:
Fashola!

The Minister should realize that he's not the Minister of Lagos but Minister of Nigeria. He should kindly be Nationalistic in his view.
Madam keep quiet,didn't Jonathan do worse to Lagos and SW

6 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Julietekekwe1: 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
PROUDLY 5%

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by enigma2007(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
I think the OP was just been mischievous with the title! People should read up the article before they start bashing each other in the head with tribal insults or marginalization chants!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
asha80:
actually it is asaba and Onitsha not Enugu as I mistakenly wrote.
Oh, Ok.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
DeMekus:
It's 2.9 billion, oga.
They will remove 17 billion from the 2NB from this 2.9?

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
IGR which is taken from Igbo importers and traders.

You guys are just pathetic thieves.

Open the 5 seaports in SE and SS and see mass exodus out of Lagos

With this exodus, hunger will visit you guys BIG Time. lol.

Topeakintola:

The IGR from Lagos alone is more than all the contributions from the whole of the SE

Do u understand that?

4 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again

Still you have to agree with me, the ministry's budget breakdown is heavily lopsided. At least I know senator Ali Ndume is neither from SS nor SE. Albeit, nobody is starting any insanity, na today??

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
akike:

We no go bear word again because she is married to an Ibo manundecided

We thought GEJ most federal roads in SE, wasn't one of the reason you wanted to vote him again? sad

I don't understand you people sef
At least you know she is married to an Igbo man but who knows you?

No one!

Me sef I don't understand you people. You suddenly get temporary blindness when these glaringly unfair issues come up.

Can you see the whooping difference in the allocations between the south east and other zones? No, you cannot because you have suddenly developed a case of political hypermyopia.

I guess we should all assume the south east is so far off in development to other zones in Nigeria right? So they don't really need much from the Government.

Anyway, they have survived till now and will keep surviving after now but some of us will keep saying it as it is while the rest of you conveniently place the veil of tribalism over your eyes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Topeakintola: 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
IGR which is taken from Igbo importers and traders.

You guys are just pathetic thieves.

Open the 5 seaports in SE and SS and see mass exodus out of Lagos

With this exodus, hunger will visit you guys BIG Time. lol.

nonsense

There is a port in PORT Harcourt and other places closer to your villages

Go and use them pls

And for your info, IGR from Ibo businesses in Lagos contribute less than 2% of the total.

Most IGR are collected from manufacturing and commercial firms owned by Yorubas and foreign investors

17 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nigerians shouldn't be quick to rationalize anything the government does just because a part of the country they could care less about is affected. One thing I've learned is that no part of a body is too small to be neglected. As small as a boil on ur buttocks would never let you sleep comfortably at night nor will it let your brain think well, malnourishing any part of Nigeria weather in favour of some other part or for no just cause is like neglecting a part of your body because you like some other part more. It's funnily insane.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Doncharis(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's. not proposing budget that matters, it's the execution... Is of no need making multiple pages of project without executing them.I have never for once witnessed in Nigeria where at least 30% of budget is actualized.. Nigerians need to wake up, it's high time we begin to question this people on what and what they do with our money. IT'S HIGH TIME!!!
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by chinchum(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
What we need is equity not equality. Prioritise projects across the regions on effectiveness.

That we have 6 zones does not mean we must have equal value of projects across the zones. Most expecially when everyone stands to benefit.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by menix(m): 12:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
chaii...
Enugu Onitsha Road ve suffered ooo..

Maybe that road would be fixed when tinubu's daughter becomes Nigerian president.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:

No one!

Me sef I don't understand you people. You suddenly get temporary blindness when these glaringly unfair issues come up.

Can you see the whooping difference in the allocations between the south east and other zones? No, you cannot because you have suddenly developed a case of political hypermyopia.

I guess we should all assume the south east is so far off in development to other zones in Nigeria right? So they don't really need much from the Government.

Anyway, they have survived till now and will keep surviving after now but some of us will keep saying it as it is while the rest of you conveniently place the veil of tribalism over your eyes.

Woman, stop claiming Yoruba. You're like a Liger that later became a Liliger trying to claim Tiger ancestry. Allow it and claim the dominant part of ya existence and stop trying to disturb the progress of Yorubaland.

11 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Dewze(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Alanzazani:
Una just dey enjoy to create disaffection mischief makers. most lazy youths won't read that breakdown to see it is 29b and not 2.9b. If you want to fool a black man put whatever u want to hide from him in a book. Be guided youth before una start una temporal insanity again

Does the bolded also apply to you, or you want to tell us you are white.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 12:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
stanley3000:
If Yoruba has oil as you claim, them why are you forcing everyone to be in the same country with you.

Admit it, without the oil sales from the SE and SS, hungry will kill your lazy ass party loving tribe.

Shut it and go study territorial waters in elementary geography - especially nautical miles.

A large chunk of the offshore oil is in the SW's territorial waters. You can lay claims now cos everyone is in the same country but if and when that stops, the SW would take all the oil wells in its territorial waters.

So technically most of the oil is not "ya oyel". Just shut it and tell ya folks to stop trooping to Lagos if they want a bigger chunk of the budget. You can't keep using ya pikey lifestyle to destroy the non-existent infrastructures in one region and expect them not to claim a larger chunk of the budget.

The budget is very fair. Deal with it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by akike: 12:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:

No one!

That marriage has eroded your uncommon sense.

I didn't say it was fair however people like you have no grounds to complain. Weren't you the one that continued to applaud Jonathan while he ignored SW? If your saviour i.e was that great, I expected him to have completed most federal roads in SE, isn't that what he did albeit on papersmiley. I don't see why you have to keep bothering your head about the present allocations, Jonathan has done very very well for the country, the SE to be precisecheesy.

Also, You are forgetting the fact that those SW roads hold the most economic importance in the country. This is equity not equalitysmiley. You cannoy compare those roads to other federal roads.

Yes, they have survivedsmiley. They should continue to survive in hatred and bigotry. Trust me without bigotry, they will be nothingwink. They should be gratefulsmiley

11 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by chinchum(m): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
Under the Ministry of Transportation the South-East has the highest with seven projects amounting to N3.173bn.
The projects include the construction of terminal building in Enugu at 1.2 billion, upgrading of Akanu Ibiam airport runaway, Enugu at N1.087 billion, completion of APRON expansion at Owerri Airport at N273million and the construction of control tower and technical building at Enugu at N274.3million.
Equity is better than equality. Those crying blue murder needs to quit being emotional

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by arsenal33: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ikengawo:
SE 2 Million?!
Jesus.

Semi Illiterate

For the South-East, it showed that some important projects are concession of 2nd Niger Bridge in Anambra and Delta States, N17 billion; completion of Enugu - Abakaliki road in Enugu/Ebonyi states N29.3; completion of rural electrification in 6 Abia State communities N425 million; provision of 100KW solar mini-grid electrification of Obinaochia, Umudim, Umunneochi LGA of Abia State N65 million; rehabilitation/completion of rural electrification scheme in 5 communities of Anambra State N322.5 million; rural electrification of 15 communities in Enugu State N364 million and completion of the construction of area zonal office in Enugu State N44.4 million.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Woman, stop claiming Yoruba. You're like a Liger that later became a Liliger trying to claim Tiger ancestry. Allow it and claim the dominant part of ya existence and stop trying to disturb the progress of Yorubaland.
Oga, last time I checked, we were in Nigeria and not Yorubaland.

I thought Nigeria is supposed to progress collectively? It seems that isn't the case, yet we say 'One Nigeria'. What a joke! I wonder who is fooling who.

Besides my comment wasn't targeted against 'the progress of Yorubaland' but I guess it hit you too close for comfort.

One Nigeria indeed.

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Sheggy13(m): 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Fashola the bigot cannot change his spot. I'll wait for the north to go after him like Ndume is doing. You want to use SE/SS resources to develop yorubaland. thief
Which SE resources? Please don't mention crude oil cos what's obtainable in Ondo state alone is more than what you can get in the whole SE region. You guys should stop this your attache by force. SS is different from SE. Moreso, why all these complaints? I thought Fortunato GEJ was a hero to most you and would have completed all projects that needs to be touched in your region. Why expecting the Buhari govt you so detest to do anything for you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 1:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
akike:

Nah, you have lost your uncommon sense because of that marriage

I didn't say it was fair however people like you have no grounds to complain. Weren't you the one that continued to applaud Jonathan while he ignored SW? If your saviour i.e was that great, I expected him to have completed most federal roads in SE, isn't that what he did albeit on papersmiley. I don't see why you have to keep bothering your head about the present allocations, Jonathan has done very very well for the country, the SE to be precisecheesy.

Also, You are forgetting the fact that those SW roads hold the most economic importance in the country?

Yes, they have survivedsmiley. They should continue to survivesmiley in hatred and bigotry for other parts of Nigeria.

lol, people like you probably need to marry intertribally to gain some little sense, lol!

And you can put all the Smiley's in the world in your post but it won't cover up your pain.

Like you have explained, it is your turn now, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Meanwhile, ONE NIGERIA IS A JOKE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by loopman: 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
chinchum:
What we need is equity not equality. Prioritise projects across the regions on effectiveness.

That we have 6 zones does not mean we must have equal value of projects across the zones. Most expecially when everyone stands to benefit.
Absolutely right! Equality is not always equity or justice.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by akike: 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:
You can keep putting all the Smiley's in the world in your post but it won't cover up your pain.

Like you have explained, it is your turn now, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Meanwhile, ONE NIGERIA IS A JOKE! smiley

What pain? I am fvcking happy that Lagos-Ibadan expressway will be completed soon. You have no idea what I have witnessed and gone through because of that roadsmiley, because of Nigerians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by bilazego(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
5% project for 5% vote in full implantation.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by SirShymexx: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
repogirl:

Oga, last time I checked, we were in Nigeria and not Yorubaland.

I thought Nigeria is supposed to progress collectively? It seems that isn't the case, yet we say 'One Nigeria'. What a joke! I wonder who is fooling who.

Besides my comment wasn't targeted against 'the progress of Yorubaland' but I guess it hit you too close for comfort.

One Nigeria indeed.

What is "one Nigeria"? And where was "one Nigeria" when Buhari's appointment were lopsided in favour of the North, ditto GEJ and his shenanigans? Where was "one Nigeria" when Iweala appointed only Igbos to run the finance sector of the country?

So, only Yoruba should keep making sacrifices for "one Nigeria" that only exist on paper? Is Nigeria even a proper country?

Despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the budget based on how lopsided the migration pattern in the country is - better wake up cos there's no "one Nigeria". It is all about interests and one region can't keep making sacrifices to its detriment for others. It has to be symbiotic.

9 Likes

Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Festy4u(m): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
chudionu58:
It should be, Enugu Onitcha express is under award; Messrs RCC, Amansee to Enugu @24 billion

The stretch of that road from the Umunya section down to Akwuzu section is begging for immediate attention! I hope they construct it fast before the rain comes.
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Eyor1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
Na awa money una deh give Yoruba xo oh
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by Jacko1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
Yes very good again from buwalahari.... Since we did not vote for him so its allowed.....
Re: Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects by repogirl(f): 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

What is "one Nigeria"? And where was "one Nigeria" when Buhari's appointment were lopsided in favour of the North, ditto GEJ and his shenanigans? Where was "one Nigeria" when Iweala appointed only Igbos to run the finance sector of the country?

So, only Yoruba should keep making sacrifices for "one Nigeria" that only exist on paper? Is Nigeria even a proper country?

Despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the budget based on how lopsided the migration pattern in the country is - better wake up cos there's no "one Nigeria". It is all about interests and one region can't keep making sacrifices to its detriment for others. It has to be symbiotic.
and it is symbiotic now right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye To Wed ‘Soon’ / Election Postponememt: It Was Done Because Of Zamfara - Fayose / Bamgbose Tells Tinubu: Buhari Has Killed Your Ambition, You Can’t Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.