Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

#olajumoke's Inspiring Story: Lessons To Learn. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #olajumoke's Inspiring Story: Lessons To Learn. (602 Views)

BBC Team Visits Olajumoke Orisaguna, Interviews Her At Home (photos,video) / Olajumoke Spotted Sharing Bread & Butter To People On The Street(pics,video) / Olajumoke, Her Husband & Manager, Victoria Nkong Step Out In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#olajumoke's Inspiring Story: Lessons To Learn. by seyithug(m): 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
God can do for us within a minute, more than we can do for ourselves in several years or a lifetime.

Last week, I had wanted to write about ‪#‎Olajumoke‬, as every Naija blog and media establishment that matters have done, but I have been reading and appreciating all the awesome submissions, instead. The way individuals and companies have been falling over each other, just to identify with her, has been awe-inspiring.

I've been astonished, both by the way the story has been trending and how the fame spread internationally, and by the deals and rewards an 'ordinary bread hawker' has managed to get, just because she accidentally photo-bombed a video shoot of a rapper, Tinie Tempah. Video/Photo shoot was done by 'Green land' crooner and celebrity photographer, T.Y Bello.

I only began using Instagram regularly around December, and I followed T.Y Bello sometime last month, and one of her photo stories that I first read was about the shoot for Tinie. So, I knew when T.Y shared the story of how a bread-hawker photobombed her shoot, and it was a perfect moment, and she was as perfect in the shoot as the models on set. Then T.Y said she would look for her the next day, and declared that the bread-hawker SHOULD be a model, and she (T.Y) would help her in any way she could.

That's how the story started.

From the very day she found her, T.Y made good her promises. Instagram Naija came alive and happy with this rare attention and willpower to help a hawker, by a celebrity photographer and award-winning recording artiste.

In Lagos state alone, there are thousands of hawkers of various kinds of wares/goods and services. Anything you can think of. How did this one lady trek to the one place where her story was finally changed? And, being a fan of Nollywood movies, I have watched several movies where many people line the streets, where many market women and students look on, while movie makers shoot different scenes, yet no story of these photo-bombers were changed (or made the news). There are millions of graduates, undergraduates, over-graduates, skilled/semi-skilled/unskilled labor, yet the great forces of the universe chose to smile on this 27-year-old after-2 bread-hawker. Indeed, the ways of God are mysterious.

No one knows Jumoke's story. No one knows why she had to leave her home in faraway Osun state, to hustle here in Lagos with one of her children (probably the youngest). Knowing how crazy survival in Lagos can be, we'll never know the story of her struggle in the early days of her arrival and all that she's been through. We don't need to, anyway. Everyone has a page in the book of the story of their lives that they don't read out loud. But, don't envy Olajumoke. It's her time, and it's her life to enjoy, now that the heavens have smiled on her. From several thousand- and million-naira modelling shoots, to freebies and a luxury, tastefully furnished apartment in Lagos, worth even more millions, her life has been completely shaken up, changed, and re-arranged, to relocate her to the place she had always wanted to be.
Just one action, lead to a chain reaction of positives. No, she didn't have to join the ILLUMINATI or some get-rich-quick scheme or play the lotto. Also, her religion or tribe or political leanings didn't play a part (something that's becoming rare in present-day Nigeria).

There are thousands of T.Y Bellos, who can change Nigeria. But they don't have the will to do so. Even for T.Y Bello, this may just be one random act of kindness in a blue moon, but 'it met God at home'- it was the perfect act of kindness, right on time.

Everything will come to you in good time, dear friend, just keep on keeping on and putting in your best effort into whatever your hands find to do. Even a few months back, the heavens smiled on me one day, I got a cash gift of a 100k by someone I barely even interacted with at the time. I was flabbergasted and overwhelmed with emotions and gratitude to Baba God, because, that day, I had less than N500 on me, both on earth and in heaven. lol.
She was my T.Y Bello too. She practically insisted that she wanted to support me and give me money, and asked me how much I needed. I was 'shaming-shying', and then she said she'll do me 100k. Kiakia, I typed 'Wow. Okay. Thank you so much, may God bless you more', before she changes her mind (Lol. Poverty dey build lack of trust for person mind o), and she sent it early in the morning, her time, just to show her determination to fulfill her promise. I never ‪#‎experrerit‬. This is how God works. This is one of my true stories of grace.
It could have been N1 million, N10 million or even N100 million naira, and that legitimate, life-changing transaction would happen, and people would just wonder 'what the f$^k happened to this guy?' how did he make it?'!

There are many T.Y Bellos in Nigeria, people who can put you on the map, people who can use their influence positively and they don't need to part with (a lot of) their money or time, to do it. They just need to identify (with) your talent and push you or showcase you (as the case may be)........ rather, many of them will, just..
1. Buy the entire loaves of bread off Jumoke's carrying pan, and give her a generous tip. It's their belief that Jumoke would go home very happy and fulfilled, having sold all her bread and pocketed a fat tip.
2. Take her to an expensive bakery, to get her a managerial role (managing other hawkers ni o), and assume that they have changed her level.

Be the change you want to see in the world- Either by being diligent at what you know how to do, or by finding fulfillment from helping others build their dreams.

Let me end this long rant with a passage from the Bible, a passage you're most likely familiar with, from Ecclesiastes 9:11. I read from the New Living Translation, because, in this case, this translation fully aligns with my thoughts.

Ecclesiastes 9:11, New Living Translation
"I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time."

Onakoya Oluwaseyi Solomon, Economist. Blogger. Shoe-maker.

2 Likes

Re: #olajumoke's Inspiring Story: Lessons To Learn. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
Olajumoke is a definition of grace in this generation. Within two weeks she gained multiple international recognition. India newspaper published her, CNN interviewed her..nothing but GRACE.

If she was told that faithful day she met TY Bello that in weeks time she would stumble into fame I am sure she would laugh In mockery of such person. Is she even the only bread seller in town?

God of Olajumoke answer all Nairalanders passing thru trails and send help to everyone of us quickly.

1 Like

Re: #olajumoke's Inspiring Story: Lessons To Learn. by seyithug(m): 12:18am On Feb 16, 2016
adenuga360:
Olajumoke is a definition of grace in this generation. Within two weeks she gained multiple international recognition. India newspaper published her, CNN interviewed her..nothing but GRACE.

If she was told that faithful day she met TY Bello that in weeks time she would stumble into fame I am sure she would laugh In mockery of such person. Is she even the only bread seller in town?

God of Olajumoke answer all Nairalanders passing thru trails and send help to everyone of us quickly.

Yes ooo. That undeniable grace and unmerited favor, right there. When God picks up your call, nobody can block the flow of blessings that He sends your way. He shows mercy to those He wants.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AN Open Letter To LIB Fans, Fans Of Celebrities, Celebrities And Linda Ikeji / One Word For This Picture? / My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.