Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes (25524 Views)

Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” / Asa Performs With Angelique Kidjo At Montreux Jazz Festival 2016 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by olayinka807: 6:44am On Feb 16, 2016
Benin Republic singer and global music icon Angelique Kidjo has won her third Grammy Award. The singer has now won the Best World Music Award category back to back afters she won a Grammy for World Music album for “Eve” a tribute to the African women last year. She won the same award category for the album Sing at the ongoing 2016 edition.

On her victory she wrote on Instagram, “thanks to my fans! I m dedicating my #Grammy to my fellow African artists and musicians! I love and respect you so much! You inspire me!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0qUA2jw__/?taken-by=angeliquekidjo

15 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by olayinka807: 6:44am On Feb 16, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by AngryNigerian(m): 6:47am On Feb 16, 2016
That is what happens wen u do things with right motives, & not wat we see here in our music industry, where everybody plays to d gallery...& all for the dole!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Afrok(m): 7:43am On Feb 16, 2016
I trust our Naija musicians nah, nah BET their dream stop undecided

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by safarigirl(f): 7:43am On Feb 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:
That is what happens wen u do things with right motives, & not wat we see here in our music industry, where everybody plays to d gallery...& all for the dole!
oh please! Whatever happened to artistes like Dare, Simi, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Asa and Bez.....it's not as difficult as you lot like to spread to find quality artistes in Nigeria. If the American White people Grammys have refused to acknowledge them because they only see Angelique, doesn't mean we do crap music. Angelique is the safe choice that they're used to

Save for Wombolombo, Angelique is mostly not on the airwaves, not every white endorsed thing should be worshipped.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 16, 2016
White people would like her. So no surprise there. Congratulations to the lady.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by demosoft: 8:47am On Feb 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by cutetopsey(f): 8:48am On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 16, 2016
If Grammy is the definition of good music Yanni would have won at least 10 by now. Anyway congrat to her, I still respect our Nigerian Music and its artiste.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 16, 2016
Oh, nice.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Okijajuju1(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Angelique Kidjo isnt popular to many here because you wuldnt hear her songs in the club. grin

Respect to a true African Music Icon.

#Well Deserved.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Wetin she dey sing sef ??
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
MrsPhyno:
White people would like her. So no surprise there. Congratulations to the lady.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by igbsam(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Kudos.....Not all these back to back noise makers who feel they are singing good songs. Well, i no blame them....Na the youths of today make dem dey dish out noise all in the name of songs

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by McMayowa(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Good.... i am happy for her

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by INTROVERT(f): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats to her..... big ups to Kendrick Lamar too

6 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by LordVoldemort(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
She is good

Nice am beginning to doubt you ooo, you promise us grammy since.

Btw nigeria music industry might be doing well buh all this songs we hear everyday lack content for worldwide audience.

They should release song with good lyrical content that will appeal to everyone around the world and at the same time ease the pressure on naira

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by adonbilivit: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by mosho2good: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
that good of her Africa making us proud since year 570.A.D
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by saintkel(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one but d fact remains; Nigeria has got a lot of talent to win many grammys, I dnt knw d criteria they use sha.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by redcliff: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Mschew.. what's she singing that would give her 3 grammy awards when we have our folks who havent collected even 1... smh
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Sohot1(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
More power to her elbows....Lord, bless my own hustle...

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by McMayowa(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by babyfaceafrica: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one....our crap artists here still waiting for nomination!!!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by ODVanguard: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Way to go woman! Omo Yoruba wey get swagger. cool

9 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by sugarbelly4: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
angry
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
safarigirl:
oh please! Whatever happened to artistes like Dare, Simi, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Asa and Bez.....it's not as difficult as you lot like to spread to find quality artistes in Nigeria. If the American White people Grammys have refused to acknowledge them because they only see Angelique, doesn't mean we do crap music. Angelique is the safe choice that they're used to

Save for Wombolombo, Angelique is mostly not on the airwaves, not every white endorsed thing should be worshipped.
well said, but 99% of our Nigerian Artists are crap...You just mentioned the good 1%(Timi Dakolo, Waje, Asa, Dare etc)
& unfortunately, the good artists are not "popular".

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by ashollybaby1: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
....no plans for retirement?
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by balash(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2016
Nansense
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by marshborn(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats to her! Our naija artist are after money not awards. I don't blame them, would do the same if I where in their shoes.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Wins Third Grammy Award, Dedicates To African Artistes by ThePeacemaker(m): 8:52am On Feb 16, 2016
Is this woman that good

OUR ASA nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephanie Linus Reacts To Ese Oruru's Abduction & Saga / Lepacious Bose: 'Fat Was My Jail, My Personal Hell' / Davido: I Forgive Media House, Blog And Person That Wrote Fake News About Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.