Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? (1423 Views)

Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaigns Worries Me :JEO IGBOKWE / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Fadekebisola(f): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
am new here on nairaland....ever since i have been following the news here all i keep reading esp on politics session is tribal wars most b/w igbos and yorubas
and i begin to ask where the differences actually stem from..
in where i work is a bit of a mixed ethnicity and never will u see situations or quarrels of ethnic undertone....worst still this nonsense is been perpetrated by the youths who should be piloters of tolerance and living in harmony.

if u are a graduate here and still engage in this stale scenario of ethnic bigotry u are just an illiterate and u've gained nothing from going to school.

let peace rain and let us all be tolerant of one another.

shalom!
am bisola

2 Likes

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Elosky20: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
what is ethnic bigotry
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by chriskosherbal(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
I don't know ooo
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Justiyke4u: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
I have asked myself this question over and over again and the most annoying part is that these people are either a graduate or under graduate and yet...
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by hardae(m): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
they are people with low esteem just want to feel superior over others. if it is not ethnic bigotry it will be other forms of bigotry

4 Likes

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by IGBOPRINCE: 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:
am new here on nairaland....ever since i have been following the news here all i keep reading esp on politics session is tribal wars most b/w igbos and yorubas
in where i work is a bit of a mixed ethnicity and never will u see situations or quarrels of ethnic undertone....worst still this nonsense is been perpetrated by the youths who should be piloters of tolerance and living in harmony.

if u are a graduate here and still engage in this stale scenario of ethnic bigotry u are just an illiterate and u've gained nothing from going to school.

shalom!
am bisola
my dear it s a long stories o. Anything that happen to hausa lands whether good or bad, your people(yoruba) will act as self defends to criticised the igbos.
Anything my people boasts about, your people will feel angry and jealous and start causing us. Telling us they accommodated us in the west(lagos).cheesy
Without realising we the ndigbos bought those lands we re living grin.
You re new on nairaland, don't worry take your time to observes who is causing this ethnic bigotry here.
You re welcome dear.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Fadekebisola(f): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
my dear it s a long stories o. Anything that happen to hausa lands whether good or bad, your people(yoruba) will act as self defends to criticised the igbos.
Anything my people boasts about, your people will feel angry and jealous and start causing us. Telling us they accommodated us in the west(lagos).cheesy
You re new on nairaland, don't worry take your time to observes who is causing this ethnic bigotry here.
You re welcome dear.
thanks....but we should at least try to curtail it irrespective of who caused it
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Fadekebisola(f): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
You re welcome dear.
thanks....but we should at least try to curtail it irrespective of who started it
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by godoluwa(m): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

thanks....but we should at least try to curtail it irrespective of who started it
here is the fact, 95% of nairalander that engage themselves in tribal e-war are below 18yrs. dnt be surprised when the tag you IPOB. its unfortunate that campaign of hate courtesy of APC has divided this country & its painful some youth cant see beyond their nose. anyway, mo ki e kaabo s'ori ikanni ile to n san fun owo naira
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by IGBOPRINCE: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

my dear that s what we re doing, the thing is that we re acting on self defends when such attacks happen. And acting on self defends is to set the record straight. Is not easy but we re getting there..
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by fearNORTH: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

shalom!
am bisola

What was your opinion when Fashola deported Igbo men from Lagos
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

thanks....but we should at least try to curtail it irrespective of who caused it
Hello, I'd caution you not to listen to that person: IGBOPRINCE, he is one of the most TRIBALISTIC and hateful instigators on Nairaland.

Now the answer to your question is 'RELIEVE', you see being hateful or tribalistic is like an open wound in the heart, which if you don't attend to, the individual will continue to live in pain so he has to find some relieve by acting out and propagating their hate on their subject which is other tribes or people; it kind of 'relieves' them of the inner pain, albeit temporarily.

5 Likes

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by IGBOPRINCE: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Xsolutions:
Hello, I'd caution you not to listen to that person: IGBOPRINCE, he is one of the most TRIBALISTIC and hateful instigators on Nairaland.

Now the answer to your question is 'RELIEVE', you see being hateful or tribalistic is like an open wound in the heart, which if you don't attend to, the individual will continue to live in pain so he has to find some relieve by acting out and propagating their hate on their subject which is other tribes or people; it kind of 'relieves' them of the inner pain, albeit temporarily.
do I know you? Have I quote you before? So defending my people from those traitors,tribalist,touts and betrayer.
You decided to give me such appellation and also labelled me an instigator? Have I opened a thread before.? I only comment on defending my people. You don't expect me to keep quiet when I know you guys weak points.

Bro, I am not fully aware what you mean by such title. Am a nigerian cos my people live in all nigerian state hence not tribalistic, just Talk to your people to desists from insulting the igbo nation if they don't want reactions from us.
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
do I know you? Have I quote you before? So defending my people from those traitors,tribalist,touts and betrayer.
You decided to give me such appellation and also labelled me an instigator? Have I opened a thread before.? I only comment on defending my people. You don't expect me to keep quiet when I know you guys weak points.

Bro, I am not fully aware what you mean by such title. Am a nigerian cos my people live in all nigerian state hence not tribalistic, just Talk to your people to desists from insulting the igbo nation if they don't want reactions from us.
You know yourself, God bless you
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by IGBOPRINCE: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Xsolutions:
You know yourself, God bless you
proudly IGBO tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Dannidom(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
I will just donate my d*ck in this thread but sorry it dosent f*ck at this time of the day
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Fadekebisola(f): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Xsolutions:

okay....now i get.....but it baffles me how people take this tribe of a thing personally like is their father's name

1 Like

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

okay....now i get.....but it baffles me how people take this tribe of a thing personally like is their father's name
Haha, interesting comment you made here; it's like been stuck in the past or a bad place; that's why one of the BEST things one can do is to not get drawn into their tribal e-fights and squabbles.

Rather, we should focus on moving forward and encourage others to do so.

So welcome to Nairaland Bisola smiley
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Fadekebisola(f): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Xsolutions:
Haha, interesting comment you made here; it's like been stuck in the past or a bad place; that's why one of the BEST things one can do is to not get drawn into their tribal e-fights and squabbles.

Rather, we should focus on moving forward and encourage others to do so.

So welcome to Nairaland Bisola smiley
thanks dearie....
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by banki(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
fearNORTH:

What was your opinion when Fashola deported Igbo men from Lagos

Fashola deported destitute from all parts of the country!

When he deported some igbos after rehabilitating them they turned it into a political affair

Why didn't the igbos in lagos shelter thier fellow igbos and allow them become destitutes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Mustay(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
A board was created for them some years back.
Re: What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? by Curlieweed: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
@op

There is nothing wrong with "ethnic bigotry". It is natural and part of our evolution as Homo sapiens. Even if the pretenders in your place of work don't advertise their natural bigotry, do you know what they do when they log unto NL. Unless you're a mind reader, it's kind of naive to think that the saints in your office are exempt from this so very human frailty

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Pastor Governor Bindow Of Adamawa / Bayelsa State Government House To Let In Abuja / PMB Has Blocked My Office Complex Due to His Visit to APC @ wuse II Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.