Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,279 members, 7,867,744 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

I Cannot Prosecute Looters Without Evidence – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cannot Prosecute Looters Without Evidence – Buhari (356 Views)

Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Buhari Reveals Why He Cannot Prosecute Alison - Madueke / Video Evidence : Buhari On West Germany And President Michelle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Cannot Prosecute Looters Without Evidence – Buhari by neolboy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari has attributed his government’s failure to prosecute holistically looters of the nation’s treasury, especially those in the oil sector, to ‘lack of evidence’.

Buhari, in an interview with Peter Okwoche of the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, in London, United Kingdom, after attending a conference on the ongoing Syrian crisis, said that there was no way he could go ahead to fight the ongoing war against corruption successfully without having viable evidence to backup the prosecution of such cases.

Making an indirect reference to the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deizani Alison-Madueke, and others, Buhari pointed out that government’s agencies were currently embarking on vigorous excavation in order to unveil evidences and documents which they consider very vital for successful prosecution

source:dailypost.ng/2016/02/16/i-cannot-prosecute-looters-without-evidence-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Lagos’s Blackout Nightmare: The Suburb That’s Been In Darkness For Five Years / Nigerians, Victims Of 419 Under Buhari, APC –. Gov. Fayose / Court Refuses Dasuki’s Application For Stay Of Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.