Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike (19680 Views)

Senate Orders Arrest Of CEOs Of Glo, Crown Flour Mills 28 Others / Senate Orders Osinbajo To Remove Magu, Suspends Appointment Confirmation / Senate Orders Jonathan's Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by Abayor7: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by mrjangaweed: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
grin

saraki is doing a good job

can't imagine if it was Ndume and gbajabiamiala
chaii Tinubu the bastard for dey control Senate and HOR with Remi Tinubu's remote.

Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by snoow(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Yet no light... ... embarassed
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by owellej(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good news, but hope there won't be a U-turn.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by jideflows(m): 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
chidibond:
Fixed charges are back!
asin thats what i'm saying when people when no dey pay light bill dey talk plenty...

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by Autchman11(m): 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
This is a good development where the executive will have a watchdog guarding their actions. it's silly increasing tarrif when power situation has worsened.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by dguizman(m): 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good move ....but I doubt if they will listern because they have shared the bill already and i am very sure we will have to pay for the one they have given out.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by kevoh(m): 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
All we are saying is get all of us metered first! Then we can discuss whether to hike the tariff or not.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by isrealisaac: 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
what are dem doing no light but dey are since asking for incriment of what is dis d change dat nigeria are waiting for
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by tbliss22(m): 5:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
mrjangaweed:
grin

saraki is doing a good job

can't imagine if it was Ndume and gbajabiamiala
chaii Tinubu the bastard for dey control Senate and HOR with Remi Tinubu's remote.

Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond

Why not rush to AIT or Channelstv so that your voice will be heard!!

Funny enough here is just too coded for them to hear u

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by emerged01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
So fixed charge is back? Nigerians are always in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by mrjangaweed: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
[s]
tbliss22:

Why not rush to AIT or Channelstv so that your voice will be heard!!

Funny enough here is just too coded for them to hear u
[/s]
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by Jjc2000(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good decision from the Senate.
Electricity Tarrif increase without a corresponding increase in power supply makes no sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by solid3(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
If this happens, the the Senate would have succeeded in frustrating the power minister, which in turn means, that Nigerians should not expect improvement in power supply.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by blazetitov: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
The so called senate should be scraped. The power to increase/decrease electricity tariff has been vested in NERC and there are MOUs signed with investors before they bought into the moribund PHCN. They should forfeit their armed robber allowances so that we can use that to subsidize payment for electricity. No investor will like to come into a country witnessing policy somersault every time with fake politicians who politicize every issue..

7 Likes

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by AfroKnight: 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2016
hinwazaka:
Fashola will not heed sound advice. Watch how he will call a press conference, where he will rain insults on the Senate

Lol. You have a vivid imagination. Nollywood needs you.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by Abeyjide: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
when the three arms of goverment are not one sided,it benefit the masses.unlike the era of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by daygee12: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Sydney22:
cheesy
What you failed to understand is that change has come to stay regardless of your future projection. What APC has done since they gained power is more than wat dis Jonah administration did for 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
I still don't understand what the fuse about the increment in tariff in place of fixed charge is about. Paying the fixed charge with or without power is the easiest way to rob us and for the EDCs to be inefficient since they still get their fixed revenue.
In our bid to prove smart, we usually end up been stu.pid as it seems many Nigerians lack basic arithmetic skills. Now I know we deserve the pains and hardship brought to us by our leaders.
In Tai Solarin's voice, may Nigerians' pains continue.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by ASHAKA1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
that's good, hope fashola will obey......
but pls why are all the senators lined up,or is that how they match into the hallowed chamber?
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by timota(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=jideflows post=42979023]this no b good news at all.... the 800naira i buy never finish since january... and i pay service charge of 750 naira.... the fixed charge high pass the light i dey use... please its no to fixed charges ......... cos with this e clear say service charge don surface again.. and the 800 naira unit go carry me till march... meaning say i go pay additonail 1k5 by march and na just 800 naira i buy oh... una see wahala... where MR common sense... 750 +1500=2250 and na just 800 narai i never fit use finish.. so who is fooling who? [/quote guy u dey do by pass that 800 can even take u 2 years]

2 Likes

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by jideflows(m): 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=timota post=42979359][/quote]lol... asin ehen i just tire
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by tbliss22(m): 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
mrjangaweed:
[s][/s]
Lolz u are really "mrjangaweed".
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by repogirl(f): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Very good one, they try.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by ZZ22: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
bdemix:
Bad News for IPOB grin grin
nawa for you oo wetin concern IPOB with this or are you being so obssesed with IPOB
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by TimeManager(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
See as bevista just wakapass, una no go talk abi? What is the economic implication of this in the supply market?, using the keynesian theory.
The truth has spoken!
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by yemoga: 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Now that senate president is back at CCT now they that 40% is bad
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by omonnakoda: 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Do not agree with the increase but I do not think the Senate have this power which is essentially an executive one . They an only make a law to this effect and even then unless they have 2/3 majority will require presidential assent.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by Smooyis(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
Best decision ever by the Nigerian Senate. Kudos
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by dammytosh: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
Some one is desperate to please the masses to escape / evade justice.

The next story to be sold to the gullible masses is that Senate want to be independent, that is why they are witch hunting Saraki.

So we should continue to pay fixed charges without light ? Instead of us to allow them remove fix charges, pay for whatever we use at a reasonable rate and hold Fashola responsible if there is no light for 1hour.

How much do we fuel Generator now ?

That is how some M0r0ns were dancing Kukere when GEJ wanted to end Subsidy.

I think make person just continue dey work hard and say bye to being a middle class.
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by UncleDeeee(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
When I by-pass now they will say bad Nigerian. Let me just not get a refund first
Re: Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike by olaolaking: 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
codedguy1:
Nigeria is a wonderful place to be.

Now the senate has ordered that the electricity tarriff should not be increased, (his means they revert back to the former tariff inclusive of the N750 that is being paid regardless of whether you had light or not.

Either way the govt is bent on making the citizens suffer.

They increase the tariff or we continue to pay estimated bills + N750
Imagine when you have a bad transformer and for 3 to 4 months no supply. Yet you still pay between N1500 - to N2000. Saraa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Celebrates 20th Wedding Anniversary With Lovely Pics / 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP / Ondo 2020: PDP Seeks Mimiko’s Support, Lures Him With VP Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.