Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play (2031 Views)

What's The One Game You Never Finished And Why?? / What's The Best Mobile Game You Have Ever Played ? / Snap And Upload The Game You Re Currently Playing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by seunpayne(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
The stupid relay was going to blow in the next two turns. Bimpe was lying in a puddle of her own blood with a stupid notification reminding me that she was going to bleed out in one turn. Mustapha was on overwatch and was going to pick off that advent trooper if he tried any funny business. That left me to decide what my concealed ranger would do. Save Bimpe or hack the relay.

Yeah thats the kind of tense situations you get with firaxis’s new XCOM 2. If you haven’t played the first game and its expansion (Xcom: Enemy Unknown and Xcom: Enemy within) you should totally go for them. They are 9/10 or 10/10 depending on whether you are a sadist or easily impressed.

It is easily the best turn-based tactics game on the planet and 30 minutes into the game anyone can see why.

Every decision counts. Every death hurts and every wounded unit you manage to bring home after a successful mission makes you pat yourself on the back. It is a very frustrating game and there will be times you want to just punch your screen and scream “how is that even possible” but when you are dealing with an alien invasion and leading a small, ill-equipped and scattered resistance what kind of emotion where you expecting to feel?

Quite simply the game is brilliant. It looks gorgeous, it plays very well, and it is one hell of a challenge. If you liked X COM the original, then you simply have to buy this. They have improved practically everything about the original. This feels more much more dynamic. Gone are the days of satellite spamming your way to victory. This game provides meaningful choices throughout so that you really dont know which way you want to go. And i think that many different paths to victory will be possible. I think this is probably the best looking turn based game we have ever seen. Kudos to Firaxis on a job well done. A sure contender for game of the year. The only thing that slightly spoils it are a few buggy camera angles and some dodgy hang times, but you can forgive it that as they dont spoil the fun. And it is in infinitely better shape than most games when released. But the real gem of this is the mods. Oh my goodness what a year we have in store.

cc cao

1 Share

Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by AmazingZeus(m): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Am with you all the way my brother....I sold my former phone to buy a better one just for that game!!! one of the very best strategic game I've ever come across ever since I started gaming,mehn I think I deserve a medal for that game because I always come back to HD with all my squad,but the game hard oh even on easy mode for newbies grin grin
Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by seunpayne(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
AmazingZeus:
Am with you all the way my brother....I sold my former phone to buy a better one just for that game!!! one of the very best strategic game I've ever come across ever since I started gaming,mehn I think I deserve a medal for that game because I always come back to HD with all my squad,but the game hard oh even on easy mode for newbies grin grin

Great to meet someone that plays xcom. It always struck me as strange that nobody talked about xcom ever. The fact that you could play the same game on both PC and mobile devices was an awesome feature as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by AmazingZeus(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
seunpayne:

Great to meet someone that plays xcom. It always struck me as strange that nobody talked about xcom ever. The fact that you could play the same game on both PC and mobile devices was an awesome feature as well.
who wants to talk about xcom the most difficult/confusing strategy game,that game can only be discussed by those who understand it like you and I and other fellas out there. One feature I like about the game is that you can control your squad in the field individually but I must confess that game is too damn hard
Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by Macrophage(m): 9:00pm On May 02, 2016
I'm a fan of the series but on Playstation.
Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by seunpayne(m): 10:13am On May 03, 2016
Macrophage:
I'm a fan of the series but on Playstation.

Wow, I didn't even know it was on PlayStation. I wonder what the experience is like. I have finished the game and I still play it again and again. It's really dynamic so it never gets old

1 Like

Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by Macrophage(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: XCOM 2: A Game You Just Have To Play by Collinz2(m): 11:57am On Jun 10, 2016
How difficult? And please screenshot of the game play and it is available on ps3. I just want to get my hands busy, tired of mc series.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Make My Pes 2015/ 17 To Play On Pc / Online Gaming Might Finally Be Viable In Nigeria / Does USA Ps3 Need Stepdown Transformer In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.