Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! (17894 Views)

Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy / Banks Deliberately Sabotaging Nigeria’s Economy - Former Minister, Kenneth Gbagi / Dangote Pledges To Assist FG To Turnaround Nigeria’s Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by StuntingBlack(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
MrEverest:
You are simply ignorant, biased & hateful. If the Chinese had your mentality, they wont be the worlds factory today! Few years back, they were derided for producing inferior goods but they kept improving with massive government support till today. Aba made suits, shirts, trousers are better designed, lasts longer & cheaper than imported ones! Aba made shoes, boxers, belt, bags lasts longer than Indonesia Or Dubai made! Nigerian made cables & engine oil are better than imported ones. Be objective, Quality is relative & I am talking from experience!!

Lamentations of the most high.!!!

Experience ko, Reality ni.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by forgiveness: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
sirade:

my dear we Nigerians always like to live in self denial,
on the question of why they are not making wave in global shoe industries, I can bet you 50 - 60% of Nigerians wear those footwears without knowing it.
Thanks to immitation of foreign brands.
I am in the system so I know what I am talking about. Nigeria shoe market span from Nigeria to down east and central African countries.

A trip to shoe site Onitsha will convinced you.

I don't know much about Onitsha shoes but when it comes to making of shoes Aba is number one. No doubt about it.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by sirade(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
forgiveness:

I don't know much about Onitsha shoes but when it comes to making of shoes Aba is number one. No doubt about it.

yeah bro, you are right but those Onitsha shoe makers are not smiling.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by forgiveness: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
StuntingBlack:

You saw through it Man.

The funny and annoying thing about all these is the marketing gimmicks. Lets even pretend Aba-made even matches up with quality/trust obtainable in foreign imports, have those shouting Aba-made factored in the many years of excessive consumer rights violation by these same Aba-made? Who in his right senses will think of patronizing Aba-made when he/she has an experience of a first-hand rip-off by purchasing either chronic sub-standards or refurbished or even counterfeits?

Again, they fail to factor in the high level of corruption capable of mesmerizing the integrity of local production. They fail to forget that corruption plays a big role in hindering investors intetested in boosting local production.

Ignore these ramblings Man. All these are mere gimmicks to get the opportunity to mass-produce more substandard and fake products to innocent Nigerians.

Aba shoes have grade. If you want quality shoes then you can request for it but it is a bit expensive. They prefer to produce low quality shoes because China produce cheaper shoes.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by Btruth: 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
Weselion:
Now that the dollar is high, foreign rice would be expensive. I think you should consider supplying to Lagos again.

Thank you Weselion. We are working on that already. God bless you for the encouragement.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by forgiveness: 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
sirade:

yeah bro, you are right but those Onitsha shoe makers are not smiling.

OK na
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by investnow2013: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
forgiveness:

The Onitsha Shoe site is @ Obodoukwu/ Relieve Market area, Awada etc. Half of the locally made shoes supplied to Onitsha Markets come from there, while others come mostly from Aba!.Aba is the Old new, but Onitsha is beginning to join them also!.
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by forgiveness: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
investnow2013:
The Onitsha Shoe site is @ Obodoukwu/ Relieve Market area, Awada etc. Half of the locally made shoes supplied to Onitsha Markets come from there, while others come mostly from Aba!.Aba is the Old new, but Onitsha is beginning to join them also!.

Have you been to powerline and bakassi b4? Hmm! You go fear at the sight of the numbers of shoe makers.

How many shoes can Onitsha produce in a month?

How many people are into shoe making in Onitsha?
Re: Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! by maybrowne(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
We seriously need to start being patriotic and appreciating our local products.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shoprite Puts Nigerian Expansion Plans On Ice / Fire Guts Okobaba Sawmill Market. Lagos State Fire Service saves situation / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.