Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Need The Recipy For A Tasty Soup ! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Need The Recipy For A Tasty Soup ! (905 Views)

Cakes To Compliment Your Celebration A Tasty Manner / What Is The Secret To Making A Tasty Afang Soup? / A Tasty Recipe For Cuttlefish Chips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need The Recipy For A Tasty Soup ! by onyeocha1(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hi there smiley

I am going to visit my man very soon and I want to prepare a very tasty soup for him,
he is from Aba, so it should be an Igbo soup wink u know how they are smiley
I can cook egusi and ogbono and stew and all that, but it has to be sth extraordinary smiley

Hope u ladies have some good ideas for me!

Lov ya lots !

Stay blessed !
Re: I Need The Recipy For A Tasty Soup ! by Leilah(f): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2009
There is bitterleaf soup its really nice and an igbo favourite do you have access to the traditional seasoning like ogiri (its a frozen fermented wrapped bean) same process as cooking the others but you need this bitterleaf and need to cook it seperately and keep draining it till the bitterness is off then add it to the should You will need conflour to thincken the soup.

Or else there is one soup called ofe nsala, this is really nice too. I think there is a like to it here on the forum so hang on I'll try to pull it up.

Ingredients:
tripe (he will love that!)or any meat really or you could use fresh fish or both even better
black pepper (about two tablesoons)
stockfish fish
smoked fish
crayfish
dry pepper
salt
pepper soup spice (two to three table spoons)
Onion
Yam paste for thickening or cornflour
ogiri wraps (if you can obtain them)
Water
maggi or knorr cubes 6-8
-
Method

Clean fish/meat and cut into desired sizes.
all the ingredients are ready put every thing into pot except for fish to prevent it from scaterring.
add ogiris
Add yam paste to thicken allow every thing to boil together.
Allow to thicken. Serve hot with pounded yam. Enjoy

PS cook the fresh fish seperately by seasoning it and putting it into the pot at the last minute.
Re: I Need The Recipy For A Tasty Soup ! by Leilah(f): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2009
Im not Nigerian but I asked my husband was this the correct way and he said it sure was, cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Afang Soup For My Boyfriend This Weekend / Food Business / The New Annoying Coke Plastic Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.