Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan (571 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kwara (5 Babies Same Time) / Woman Gives Birth To A Goat In Port-Harcourt (Disturbing Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'frog' Baby In Zimbabwe (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan by telltimes: 5:35am On Feb 17, 2016
A 28-year-old woman, Mrs Sakirat Rasaq, on Monday, at exactly 8.45a.m. was delivered of quintuplets (three males and two females) at the Oyo State Special-care baby unit, ward four, south west, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.
Mrs Rasaq, a purdah, according to her husband, Alfa Yusuf Rasaq Ewenje, 32, a full-time Islamic cleric, in an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, was referred to the UCH from Adeoyo Hospital, Ibadan, after being placed on bed rest since the pregnancy was three months old.
Allfa Rasaq said, “we first got wind of the blessing from Allah when she had a scan at three months. At that point, we knew she was having five babies in her tummy.”
He further informed that the result of the scan took them to Adeoyo Hospital from Apete Medical Centre, Apete, Ibadan, where she had originally registered for ante-natal. And even at Adeoyo hospital, he revealed that the medical team had intimated them that “the best option for us is to have the baby at the UCH.” He said that, they took to that advice and “had the baby around 8.45 a.m. on Monday morning.”
The father of seven children at 32 years revealed: “We did a scan when the pregnancy was three months and the scan confirmed this. From there, we took her to Adeoyo hospital and they told us that she needs bed rest and that from there, they started managing her till Monday that we came here for delivery.”
The couple, who resides at No 23, Akeem Street, Ijokodo, Ibadan, already had two children-one boy and a girl. Umoor Farouk, five, and Mistura, who is three years old.
Though, Alfa Rasaq said he is happy and was aware of the impending arrival of the children, he however, appealed to the governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi and his wife, Florence, to come to their aid.
He said he had exhausted the little amount he had in his savings, considering the enormity of the current situation and “the fact that I am a full time cleric who is only making little from quranic lesson, I am taking my quranic learners.”
In spite of this situation, Alfa Rasaq already had a big dream for all his seven children. He said “my dream is for them to be leaders in this country, so that no matter my present situation, people will know them for good.
“Though, I am greatly handicapped now because I only make living out of my quranic teaching class, I want well-meaning people to come to my aid. I am using this medium to appeal to the governor of Oyo State, Senator Ajimobi and his wife; Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole and the Federal Government to come to my aid so that my joy won’t turn sour.”
His wife, Mrs Rasaq, on her bed told Nigerian Tribune that “she found favour from Allah.” She expressed her appreciation to God and also appealled for assistance from well-to-do individuals.
more: http://telltimes..nl/2016/02/woman-gives-birth-to-quintuplets-in.html

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan by Ibelong2God: 6:10am On Feb 17, 2016
I want twins not quintuplets
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan by swimcash(m): 6:13am On Feb 17, 2016
HIS mercies r sufficient
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2016
Na wa o.

Six aggressive sperm cells doing six eggs or two sperm cells dividing into three each.

This is gonna be expensive!!!

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Testimony Form A New Mom. A Most Read For All New Mom's ! / Advantages Of Legal Steroids / Waha(walk Against HIV/AIDS) Happening Live In IB City On The 19th Of March,2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.