Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? (4990 Views)

Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? / Cable That Lets Me Watch Only My Preferred Stations? / Montage Cable Network(mcn)....??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? by mavtrevor(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
At first i thought it was just me alone, Metro Digital Cable Network keep freezing and going offline for hours everyday. I even changed antenna thinking maybe my antenna has gone bad only for the problem to persist. I contacted other people i know that uses the Cable Network and they all confirmed the same.

I have personally called Metro Digital Office asking what the problem could be, but they simply replied that it will get back in no time. This is weeks now that one's subscription has been wasting and yet not even an apology or acknowledgement note from the cable company.

The most painful part is that once the Champions league matches begins, give it 10 mins everything will freeze till the matches are over. And yet one will still be expected to renew one's subscription on expiration. When will SON (Standard Organization of Nigeria) begin to effectively enforce the consumer protection rights in Nigeria?

Metro Digital Cable
Re: What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? by jmichlins(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
In case you do not know metro has no rights to air here. maybe dstv is now ready to crack down on them. north africa and middle east is their terrain
Re: What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? by mavtrevor(m): 7:31am On Feb 18, 2016
No wonder we see warnings on the screen sometimes. Why then will they be operating here if they do not have the licences required to air here? Its not like they are hiding, they have offices and thousands of subscribers.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? by Everfrank(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
jmichlins:
In case you do not know metro has no rights to air here. maybe dstv is now ready to crack down on them. north africa and middle east is their terrain
That's not true and not fair at all. On what authority are you making that allegation? He who alleges shall prove.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Metro Digital Cable Network? by nzeval(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
Metro digital, CTL and co is testerial and dish is only covering where u paid for .in anambra metro and ctl covering onitsha,nkpor ,nnewi, and environ if .in awka metro cover only awka environs ,likewise in asaba and ph .each of dis area has own transmitions and the company pay for each one in Ncc so that's no how it will crack down by dstv .for metro digital problem is poor management ,they don't care about their customers anymore .all this started since ph own started working so dey focus in ph only .

(1) (Reply)

All About Connection And Installation Of 2011 Fta Receiver. / Mega Promo! / Eurosat 9°east Cccam Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.