Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) (9431 Views)

Breaking(photos): Thousands Of IPOB Supporters Head To Kanu’s Home As Army Lay S / Foreign Journalist In Owerri To See Biafran War Weapons. Photos / We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by jahsharon: 8:32am On Feb 18, 2016
cheruv:

Shame to Nigeria that finds joy in getting drunk on the blood of holy Igbos angry

Holy Igbos? If Igbos are holy, then I want to be unholy forever. However, I think we should share things that bring us together and not things that separate us. I think we should talk more about our happy moments together and not about our sad moments. We should talk more about the pride that Chinua Achebe, Charles Soludo, Nnamdi Azikwe, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo, Wole Soyinka, Ahmadu Bello, Muritala Muhammed and others brought to Nigeria and not about our collective mistakes of the past.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by cheruv: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2016
jahsharon:

Holy Igbos? If Igbos are holy, then I want to be unholy forever. However, I think we should share things that bring us together and not things that separate us. I think we should talk more about our happy moments together and not about our sad moments. We should talk more about the pride that Chinua Achebe, Charles Soludo, Nnamdi Azikwe, Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo, Wole Soyinka, Ahmadu Bello, Muritala Muhammed and others brought to Nigeria and not about our collective mistakes of the past.
The highlight makes apostle Paul(Pablo in Igbo) to ask...what communion has children of light got to do with children of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by osesology(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2016
naija8080:
We all know the OP is a yoruba.
U got it wrong, bro, I'm just a peace-loving citizen of Nigeria. I believe that there are more diplomatic ways in going about our search for freedom than shedding blood. When I go outside the shores of this country and I am asked: ``where are you from?'' Before anything else,my first answer will be; `I'm a Nigerian'. That is the same answer I'm giving to you right now: I'M A NIGERIAN. There is no such thing as Yoruba, Housa or Ibo in my identity.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by Collynzo888: 9:09am On Feb 18, 2016
naija8080:

Akpu man, face your gala selling and stop disgracing your family.

1 Like

Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by HeGeMon(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2016
But why do people purposely fan the embers of national disintegration, I see it's a strategic play by the OP to reinvigorate an already dying issue to flare tempers this very early morning. This is highly uncalled for.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by MrEverest(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2016
onyfrank:
u are just making me to be upset to want to fight again with these pictures. Its not making me to be timid but bringing up the brave in me
Dont mind their useless propaganda. They are showing those pics to (1) Make it seem as if Ojukwu was D villain. (2) To scare those that are agitating for seccession. (3) Make it appear like Nigeria was so powerful that it was able to decisively crush them. In reality, Ojukwu was a hero, he did what any sensible brave man should do by secceding when over 30,000 of his people were massacred with tacit support of the FG! Nigeria couldn't have won if Britain & Russia hadn't come to its rescue, infact, D Igbos had a superior military & technology while Nigerians even had to call Egyptians to fly their fighter jets. If not for the shameful bombing of civilian targets & sabotage by our ND brothers that aided the blockade & made it successful, Nigeria would have been defeated within 6 months. Nigerian Army is very weak even till today!

1 Like

Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by MrEverest(m): 9:34am On Feb 18, 2016
jahsharon:

Stop fantasizing like a kid! Igbos more than any other tribe believe in Nigeria but not a Nigeria were some ba.st.ard parasites want to selfishly control everything, keep others down & yet contribute nothing! Take your sermon to the Hausa/fulani/kanuri axis of evil that have kept us in this sorry state. The Igbos have seen D fraud that Nigeria embodies, why is it so difficult to have true federalism? have u asked yourself? Do you think we will ever develope like this?
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by funmijoyb(f): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2016
naija8080:
you see your life...thank God he is a yoruba not ipod or ojukwu worshippers.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by MrEverest(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Ausbongean:
referendum is what we need now but if it still warants war I will still fight again to liberate my children and my grandchildren than to be a slave to this nation
God bless you. Some people are so cowardly in nature that they would rather die in slavery than challenge the status quo. I would rather die fighting for my dignity & freedom than condole inhuman treatment!! If we must have Nigeria, let it be a Nigeria that is free, a Nigeria of equal right & justice, a fair nation were everyone can aspire for greatness without inhibition. Igbos would love to remain in Nigeria if they are treated right & not as second class citizens! The Igbos are way too progressive, egalitarian in nature, too many, educated & democratic in nature to be subjugated. That is why they are still agitating & challenging the status quo. I personally would want to remain in Nigeria if there is justice, fairness & hope for greaness but unfortunately some people are against it.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by ColtPython(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2016
War is not a good thing

1 Like

Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by oluwasegun007(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2016
mod pls barn dis op, because he's true to open sour wound
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by omonnakoda: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2016
MrEverest:
Dont mind their useless propaganda. They are showing those pics to (1) Make it seem as if Ojukwu was D villain. (2) To scare those that are agitating for seccession. (3) Make it appear like Nigeria was so powerful that it was able to decisively crush them. In reality, Ojukwu was a hero, he did what any sensible brave man should do by secceding when over 30,000 of his people were massacred with tacit support of the FG! Nigeria couldn't have won if Britain & Russia hadn't come to its rescue, infact, D Igbos had a superior military & technology while Nigerians even had to call Egyptians to fly their fighter jets. If not for the shameful bombing of civilian targets & sabotage by our ND brothers that aided the blockade & made it successful, Nigeria would have been defeated within 6 months. Nigerian Army is very weak even till today!
Nigeria couldn't have won if GOD did not come to her rescue you are right!! We know whose side God is on!!

God is with the blessed Nigerians. God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians. God curse all enemies who wish evil for Nigeria may their teeth be scattered like dust

Even though they are a million against us God is sufficient for us. He shall cast the enemies of Nigeria into a pit
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by omonnakoda: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2016
MrEverest:
God bless you. Some people are so cowardly in nature that they would rather die in slavery than challenge the status quo. I would rather die fighting for my dignity & freedom than condole inhuman treatment!! If we must have Nigeria, let it be a Nigeria that is free, a Nigeria of equal right & justice, a fair nation were everyone can aspire for greatness without inhibition. Igbos would love to remain in Nigeria if they are treated right & not as second class citizens! The Igbos are way too progressive, egalitarian in nature, too many, educated & democratic in nature to be subjugated. That is why they are still agitating & challenging the status quo. I personally would want to remain in Nigeria if there is justice, fairness & hope for greaness but unfortunately some people are against it.
Why did they not challenge the status quo for the five years that GEJ was in power. Why did the Ibo representatives at the National Conference convened by GEJ chicken out on the resource control issue leaving Anniko -Briggs isolated and stranded. Suddenly an Aboki is in power and the Status quo in unbearable? Who is fooling who?
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by Sanchez01: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2016
kozmokaz:
there death must b avenged!!!!

especially those kids!!!

Then avenge them by referendum! Don't avenge them by embarking on another suicide mission.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by gbens2000(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
Op,moderator and seun.it seems you guys don't really know the state of this nation ryt nw we are siting on a time bomb don't be blinded by ignorance and personal ambition-money.this kind of post are too too sensitive to be bringing it up at a time like this.GOD bless Nigeria.the country is bleeding pls wen you say your prayers put the state of the nation in it.
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by GBADEYZ: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
so as of then Biafrans don dey USA sotey dem carry protest go white house
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by allawizzow(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
See pa chukwdi
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by onyfrank: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
porshuch:
Ewu! Oya come out and fight.
i wish u dsame. Just but one day
Re: Some Heart-breaking Photos From The Biafran War. (graphic pics) by Lordjunta(m): 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
It is better to live alone than to live in pepertual dlavery.
jahsharon:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Offa Robbery: Prove Your Allegation – Saraki’s Aide Dares Lai Mohammed / We Must Imbibe Ethics Of Easter, Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.