Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" (55827 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Ariani: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Suits her well. She is part of "one Nigeria" screaming Igbos, now she remembers Nigeria and Igbophobia are rice and stew, now that she no longer have access to the National cake.

She has not chin chomtin, this is only just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by ajumma(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
it shown that u were apppointed base on your ethnicity then.........stop shedding crocrodile tears because this adminstration has the temperament for keeping you in the office long enough since it assume office. And remember if you used the agency moni for political activities you still a case to answer with EFCC. PERIOD
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by ajumma(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
it shown that u were apppointed base on your ethnicity then.........stop shedding crocrodile tears because this adminstration has the temperament for keeping you in the office long enough since it assume office. And remember if you used the agency moni for political activities you still HAVE a case to answer with EFCC. PERIOD
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by sorepco(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Please name obe street or city where streets r named after igbos... dont even dare name lagos or abuja!!

Caseless:
I have always said it, in their place they won't give you 0.5% of what they'd ask you in ur place to give them 100%. They don't celebrate people from other regions- you can't find a street named after people from other regions, but we do such fpor them.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by erekoshe: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
apholaryn:
hahaha...hypocrisy truly runs in your system...Ebuka u started with the insults na...I'm not sure u are alright sef ..bye!

Again, I wouldn't insult you.. Now identify what u call insult that I threw at u? Wtf is Ebuka? Is that your nemesis? Get tribalism off ur mouth, ebuka, Ade etc. All Nigerians...

If you've ever gone outside the shores of Nigeria, you'll be excited to see even an IBO man, likewise the IBO man when he sees u.

Leave tribalism out of ur ideology else you'll have problems growing up coz you assume those not from ur tribe are your virtual enemies..

I'm not even IBO, but because you assume the IBO is your enemy, you're already getting worked up. Because I disagree with ur mindset doesn't in anyway make me IBO.. Get ur humanity back.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by zurine(f): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
wow
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by payosehtor(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
opal4real:

Hausa/fulani,Yoruba and Igbos are all tribalistic.

U need to live among them for a month to realize this.

They are the problem with this country. Live among d Niger-Deltans n some middle belt states and see love unthinkable. They even place you first before their brothers.
Agreed ,ask anyone that served(nysc) in Benue particularly among the TIV'S
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by simplycarro: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
[size=15pt]IPOB WOMAN grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
May be because she was hired for her tribe she believes she was sacked for the same thing wink

laidian:
She should keep crying... If that is your case, then all other tribes sacked were sacked because of their tribe. metcheeeew
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Ebukaobi: 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
freshvine:

Ok.

Onyeka Onwuenu started by stating the laxity of workers in her establishment and how she was able to reorganize the place for effective administration.... You skipped this part in your reading.

She went on to explain how workers in that government departments have sectionalize the workforce and how she fought tirelessly to create a balance.... You skipped this part of canker worm that is eating deep into the fabrics of national integration and development.

Onyeka Onwuenu is a PRO Nigerian. Her first marriage was to a yoruba man....You see why she isn't a tribalist?

Her songs has always been about ONE Nigeria, LOVE amongst tribes and all the media gingles she did for government promoting ONE nation.

Here's a woman who believes in one Nigeria, Promotes Nigeria crying out for equal right and privileges in the same nation she so much believe in and all you do was to find hate to justify a bad system.

Are you more Nigerian than she is or you're just a tribalist believing the Injustices she recounts will carry on forever?

If you need a GOOD and working NATION, do the right thing. She didn't complain she was sacked, she only recounts her challenges while discharging her duties

Which first husband are you talking about?

Onyeka just loves Yoruba men. Simples

From Sunny Ade to Shina Peters and so much more

Because she likes Yoruba men does not mean she is PRO Nigerian
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by BABANGBALI: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki k grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the sack pain am no be small.

onyeka onwenu is AGIP....ANY GOVT IN POWER,thank God baba no dey look face or toto grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by BABANGBALI: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Which first husband are you talking about?

Onyeka just loves Yoruba men. Simples

From Sunny Ade to Shina Peters and so much more

Because she likes Yoruba men does not mean she is PRO Nigerian
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, made in Yoruba preek too dey sweet am
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Coolgent(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
Seem like Ipob brain is same as fish brain
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by hakanai(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
payosehtor:
Agreed ,ask anyone that served(nysc) in Benue particularly among the TIV'S

^^^ Or try out the Igala vs Ibira thing happening in Kogi.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by toggy: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo"

People should stop inciting statements. why is she talking like this? The elite IGBOs are the one causing problems for our brothers, when they lost out they remember they are Igbos. when the money is flowing they will never support biafra or any freedom movement. shame!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by luvmijeje(f): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

I served for 2years and five months and did my best under very difficult conditions. We hardly had money to operate and the place was badly run down. Worst, there was low moral and lack of commitment among the Staff. Most spent the day loitering and gossiping. Many would not show up for work or arrive 11 am, only to leave before 3 pm. Some were absent for months and were just collecting their salary at home. My administration changed all that. Most Staff were turned around and became passionate about the work, appreciating also the changes they thought were not possible but were happening right before them.

Isn't the bolded an achievement? Why join this mistake of a human called Caseless to deny the obvious? Isn't what this woman complained of experienced daily in different places in Nigeria? If not igbophobia and ethnic hatred against them, most comments here would be opposite...because the woman stated the obvious truth...

Hold on! What you quoted are challenges she confronted and overcom in the process of doing her job. The job specifics is empowerment of women. what was her achievement in that area?

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by prophetfire: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
laidian:
She should keep crying... If that is your case, then all other tribes sacked were sacked because of their tribe. metcheeeew
did she complain about her sack or didnt you read or comprehend? She complained of problems she faced while there. You ignore those problems bcs of ethnic hatred? Thats why nigeria will go nowhere.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by prophetfire: 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Caseless:
I just discovered she's a senseless woman!

I stop loving people immediately they bring ethnic coloration into issues.

Did you verify her story before casting aspersions on her? I personaly dislike ethnic mantra but this type of things do happen. I belive in giving people a fair hearing or benefit of doubt.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by luvmijeje(f): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
did you read where she said the ministry was suffering when she came in ? No finance to do some certain things, Ok read again..

with such a long articles, you want her to starts telling you what she has done so far for the past 2years and 6month of her stays in NCWD? Meanwhile some useless women from the west and north were there to collects their salaries and show up for work or arrive to work by 11:00am,only to leave before 3pm in the afternoon and she tried her possible best to put a stopped to it and they reported her to their tribalist president. Hence her sack or one of the reasons to her sack.
The person who interview herdid not called her to questions her about what she has achieved so far in NCWD. they wanted to know what prompted her sack.

Ndi ara nairalanders stops being sentimental..

She was not interviewed. It was a press release.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by DTaj: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
Kockane:
Mummy Onyeka, ordinarily you belong in the class of King Sunny Ade, Oliver de coque, Ebenezer Obey, etc. Because truly you are a veteran in the industry but unfortunately today, due to your greed and wanton desire for easy wealth, you have sold your integrity to the highest bidder and lost all respect that should be accorded a woman of your calibre. Today, I wouldn't even place you in the class of people like Vic-O, because at least, those people have something they stand for, for you madam, I'm yet to see exactly what your values are.

From supporting Babangida's tyrranical rule, to spearheading Abacha's "President for life" ambition, to licking Obasanjo's butt, Yaradua didn't have your time but you eventually wriggled your way into power again with GEJ and carried his failed reelection bid on your head like a pure water seller.

Right now you should just bow your head in shame please, and stop trying to whip up tribal sentiments because you lost a job given to you as compensation. Because if I ask you now, since you got into office, how have you been able to touch the life of the average Nigerian? You go dey look me like luqmon.

Please be gone! Nothing you or say willbchange the fact that you were disgraced out of office.

#iStandWithBuhari

Best response so far! Onyeka Onwenu supported Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo, and Jonathan so publicly and now she is crying tribalism!

The time people start crying "they hate me because I am Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba", I lose respect for them entirely!

I remember watching her urge Patience Jonathan to "tell them Your Excellency" on national TV in that infamous rally when Patience insulted Northern people and their children as "born throway". Onyeka kept on saying "yes, tell them" and she is calming tribal persecution now! Someone who encouraged a so-called First Lady to insult a section of the country based on tribal sentiments?

Pay back time. Go home and lick your wounds, Madam! You want a new government to retain you when you shamelessly and publicly demonstrated hatred against the President and his entire tribe during campaigns! And I am not even from the North, for tribal jingoists here on NR!

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by thecrush: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
laidian:
Its so true Nigerians dont read.
Read what she wrote
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by thecrush: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
laidian:
Its so true Nigerians dont read.
Read what she wrote.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by thecrush: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
DTaj:

Best response so far! Onyeka Onwenu supported Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo, and Jonathan so publicly and now she is crying tribalism!

The time people start crying "they hate me because I am Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba", I lose respect for them entirely!
Read what she wrote....
She even gave instances
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by apholaryn: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
erekoshe:

Again, I wouldn't insult you.. Now identify what u call insult that I threw at u? Wtf is Ebuka? Is that your nemesis? Get tribalism off ur mouth, ebuka, Ade etc. All Nigerians...

If you've ever gone outside the shores of Nigeria, you'll be excited to see even an IBO man, likewise the IBO man when he sees u.

Leave tribalism out of ur ideology else you'll have problems growing up coz you assume those not from ur tribe are your virtual enemies..

I'm not even IBO, but because you assume the IBO is your enemy, you're already getting worked up. Because I disagree with ur mindset doesn't in anyway make me IBO.. Get ur humanity back.
k
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
luvmijeje:

Hold on! What you quoted are challenges she confronted and overcom in the process of doing her job. The job specifics is empowerment of women. what was her achievement in that area?

1)You don't build on rugged ground...she had to address a foundational problem...This is an achievement which predecessors never sorted out...

2)Her primary responsibility was carried out subsequently...Check their agency intervention and visits to IDP etc...Goggle can make it easy for you...thanks
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by 9inches(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
I served for 2years and five months and did my best under very difficult conditions. We hardly had money to operate and the place was badly run down. Worst, there was low moral and lack of commitment among the Staff. Most spent the day loitering and gossiping. Many would not show up for work or arrive 11 am, only to leave before 3 pm. Some were absent for months and were just collecting their salary at home.

My administration changed all that. Most Staff were turned around and became passionate about the work, appreciating also the changes they thought were not possible but were happening right before them.

All the tribalized nonentities here would fail to see the work she had done. Bleep one nigeria
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
laidian:
bros in as much as am not an apology of the woman,some of the issues she raised are pertinent and have to be addressed. You all calling her names and mocking her just hav to visit one of this federal ministries in abuja and see how the country is been monopolised by the north based on the false beliv dey own nigeria.moreso ensure u read about the events dat happned at abeokuta,lagos and ibadan on the july 29 1966,then you see for urself that the north can be very terrible and brutish without any sense of common sense and human progeny.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by RALPHOW(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
A situation where the Ministry could invite a Management Staff to a trip abroad without informing the DG and the Staff would only inform her principal via text message, from the Airport as she is leaving the country, creates an atmosphere of indiscipline and anything goes. The Ministry should restrain itself to its spelt out function and not undermine the authority of the DG.

SOLUTION
I actually see nothing in the sack. But the above is a major problem in the ministry, Hausa are very tribalstic, Buhari must warn Hausa Snr Civil servant and they must stop these babarick behavior before they destroy the civil service. This babarick behavior is very common in Abuja once you are not Hausa or Muslim they discriminate against you, Your junior staff will be sent on course without your knowledge. Next time it Happened madam wait for him/her to return, then you too send his or her junior on course without his or her knowledge and they will all feel the pain. That is what I did when I was there and they stop the nonsense with me.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by billbonesmd(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
No pun intended, but, you really compare the state civil service to the federal service in terms of enrolment?

Nsogbu Uwa
Caseless:
gerrarahia! I have been in the east, are your people any better? You cry marginalization, how many non-igbo have you integrated into your civil service in the east to show good example?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by meccuno: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
Tribalism and mediocrity would swallow Nigeria and make the country not to progress..........I wonder those who pray for Nigeria ?!!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by Tequilah: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
kcswat:

WDF are u talking about. The woman is talking about federal establishment and you talking state civil service from ur so called tag 'erosion region.' have you stayed in the east, invest in the east, learn there language and they didn't treat you well?

Yes!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" by MrGerald(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
Kx:
Onyeka u are absolutely right, Pmb sack u because u are ibo

In the same vein pmb appointed kachukwu,ngige etc because they are ibos.
Is Ngige appointed? he was there like any other states due of federal character

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Primary: Osinbajo Leaves Convention Venue As Vote Counting Continues / Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.