Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach (11622 Views)

Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed Coach Of Tanzania / 28 Players Invited To Flying Eagles Camp [full List] / Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed As Coach Of Al Khartoum Watani, Sudanese Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2016
The NFF has appointed the reigning U17 World Cup winning coach to handle the Nigeria U20s but was silent about the future of Manu Garba

Emmanuel Amuneke has been promoted to coach the Nigeria U20 team by the Nigeria Football Federation while it remained silent on the fate of the team's coach Manu Garba.

The NFF ratified the promotion of Amuneke to the Flying Eagles in a communiqué after at its executive board meeting held on Tuesday.

Amuneke led the Golden Eaglets to win the U17 World Cup in Chile last year and was handed a chance to progress with his wards to the U20 level.

He was named African Footballer of the Year in 1994 and will hope to qualify the Golden Eaglets to the 20th U20 Africa Cup of Nations in Zambia next year.

Amuneke will be assisted by Kabiru Baleria and Emeka Amadi as assistant coach and goalkeeper trainer respectively.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2016/02/17/20439832/emmanuel-amuneke-named-flying-eagles-coach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by kolajoo(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Congrats. NFF in serious internal wahala.

Tank God I make FP grin
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by chelseabmw(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2016
kolajoo:
Congrats. NFF in serious wahala

Bros which network u dey use? See as u overtake me cry

Time to change my Mtn sim embarassed

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Muhylonaire(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Good...Just that NFF itself needs to be replaced

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by odinese(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Good coach.

Better than that donkey coaching the super Eagles.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by EastanPower(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Good one but I would have liked it more if he was penciled to take over from Oliseh.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by cornel994(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
G
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by teaseryoh: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice moves by d NFF
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Amuneke nwa afo eziobodo in Owerri imo state. Congratulations.
Please pick more young players from ihiagwa and environs' just last you did before especially my cousin Chinedu. The whole Owerri people especially eziobodo will forever remain grateful to you.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by onyekakingsley(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Inconsistency in Nigerian football management.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by maxiuc(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Amaju pinnick how many times did I call you hehehe yoi better bringbackourkeshi
#bringbackourkeshi

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Segadem(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2016
good
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by kolajoo(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2016
chelseabmw:

Bros which network u dey use? See as u overtake me cry

Time to change my Mtn sim embarassed
lol. It season of change. Etisalat rocks o! cheesy I won go do testimony in church
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by fakooblak(m): 10:07am On Feb 18, 2016
... Good move by NFF.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by SirdeKay: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2016
With this latest development, I think our dear Manu Garba should be redeployed to the Golden Eaglets to start grooming another set of World U-17 Champions. Manu Garba's U-23 boys have been taken over by Coach Samson Siasia for the forthcoming Olympic Football tournament.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by lexyman(m): 10:10am On Feb 18, 2016
I think Nff will get it right this time .....don't name him alone equip him and support him , he will deliver .

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by AyamConfidence(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2016
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by lexyman(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2016
EastanPower:
Good one but I would have liked it more if he was penciled to take over from Oliseh.

If u know how difficult the super eagles job his , if u like this guy u will not advice him to take the job .
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Jacko1(m): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Future super eagles coach.... Som1 who knows his job.... One more gud run and might take us to russia
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by omowolewa: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2016
The reward for good job is more job. Shine more.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Dominionhost(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2016
My story will change this year
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by dandostism88(m): 10:20am On Feb 18, 2016
OK, congrat hpy 4 u
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by lakesidepapa(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2016
SirdeKay:
With this latest development, I think our dear Manu Garba should be redeployed to the Golden Eaglets to start grooming another set of World U-17 Champions. Manu Garba's U-23 boys have been taken over by Coach Samson Siasia for the forthcoming Olympic Football tournament.

10 bottles of origin for u egbon. Manu Garba is good in grooming young sets of talent but he lack tactical and technical approach when it comes to bigger stages unlike amuneke which tactical approach in the chile is at the top of notch and very advance to be use in bigger competition. Infact amuneke can manage the super eagle tactically and technically. Garba is good at scouting young players while Emmanuel football tactics is very credible. Manu should be redeployed to the U17 as u said and do what he knw best.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Nathanieloo7(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice one.i hope he didnt follow d footstep of manu who fail woefully @d u20 due to greed n favouritism
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
a
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by steppin: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice. Don't turn out loud like Manu Garba.
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Nathanieloo7(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2016
He should pick anybody dat deserved d shirt,pick frm ihiagwa kor ihiagwu ni
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Realhommie(m): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2016
EastanPower:
He has to grow with that Golden eaglets team he won the world under-17 world cup with.... After the flying eagles depending on their performance his next assignment might be the dream team after which he'll be moved to the senior national team (Super eagles), his performance being the determinant in all cases...
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Realhommie(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2016
SirdeKay:
Heard Manu Garbu was offered the golden eaglets job be he declined to take the offer, sources say he's aggrieved...
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by Gentleveks(m): 10:56am On Feb 18, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Amuneke nwa afo eziobodo in Owerri imo state. Congratulations.
Please pick more young players from ihiagwa and environs' just last you did before especially my cousin Chinedu. The whole Owerri people especially eziobodo will forever remain grateful to you.
are you from ihiagwa if yes which part
Re: Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach by 100Cents: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2016
ME me likey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barca's Coutinho Completes Loan Move To Bayern With Buy Option / Bet9ja Increases Maximum Win Payout From 20million To 40million / Who Is Nigeria`s Best Sports Analyst/ Columnist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.