Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) (51719 Views)

Introducing The "V-upgrade" For All Cars In Nigeria [PICS] / Motor Company In Germany Unveiled A Transparent Car. / Where To Get A Good Car Service Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Rhea(f): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
Anamco did not start today. If things work in this country as expected, Anamco should have opened at least 2 other plants in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
To buy contact; Ekundayo Whatsapp: 07038865067 BBM Pin: 5606F5C9 Call or text: 07038865067 #Deal Price #Its Pay on Delivery #We deliver to various states #Free delivery on certain orders
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by odehman: 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
Scholes007:
i concur!!! Lets patronize nigerian made and our economy will never be in an unnecessary mess as it is today.
if only our government can pay good attention to the igbo tribe... these guys are naturally gifted.... people that are good in creating are not supposed to be ignored... check aba alone does guys create almost anything. I love the igbos very enterprising

1 Like

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Olasam12(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Good development.
Nigeria success and development rest on our hands.Let join hands together to move her forward.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
2sex:
yamaha , toyota, is Behind abi? Bloody fool
Anammco represents mercedes benz in Nigeria . they work with Benz to produce heavy duty Mercedes Benz machines in Nigeria. trucks, tractors, buses, utility vehicles etc. as you can see the logo is Benz logo.
God bless SouthEast
God bless Nigeria.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
2sex:
yamaha , toyota, is Behind abi? Bloody fool
Anammco represents Mercedes Benz in Nigeria. they work with Benz to produce heavy duty Mercedes Benz machines in Nigeria. trucks, tractors, buses, utility vehicles etc. as you can see the logo is Benz logo. God bless SouthEast
God bless Nigeria.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Kompany3: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

At topic: It's interesting that this company was birthed at the same time along with PAN in Kaduna; but today, its Kaduna counterpart is practically dead.

ANAMMCO is also dead.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by pasol4real(m): 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nigerians shud be able to learn from the igbo story.
Although the igbos hav always bin known for their hardwork n perseverance ,the Major reason for their great succes today has to do alot with the loss of the war.The nigerian government then ensured the igbos were completely annihilated economically ,from the indigenisation policy to the 20 pounds per account policy n deliberate bans on igbo Major buisnesses.not to mention their bin ostracised from government activities n deliberate marginalisation.
They had no choice but to look inwards n all these galvanised them to be creative industruous n very very enterprising.
Nigerians with the economic downturn today i think we can rise again if only if we imbibe the igbo spirit.
Our country wud surely be great again.

3 Likes

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by archer1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
NiGeRianTr0ll:
The very thought that it's an Igbo company feels me with despair, migraines and heartaches angry

fills not feels sir
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Chinom(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
ANNAMCO has become nothing more than a servicing and maintenance garage. They have long stopped assembling new vehicles. Either G.U.O or ABC transport own it now, but I would very prefer that Innoson would take it over to expand his assembly plants.

ANNAMCO is a coal-city factory. Built when Enugu was the capital of Old Anambra state.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Dennison27(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
obiremy:
Registered as Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Limited (ANAMMCO Limited), the Company was incorporated on January 17, 1977. The Foundation Stone laying ceremony was performed on May 12, 1978 while the factory was commissioned on July 8, 1980 by the first executive President of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari. Official production activities started in January, 1981.

Originally a joint venture between the Federal Government of Nigeria and Daimler-Benz AG (now Daimler AG) of Germany, the Government has, today, almost divested from the Company and part of its interests has been sold to private investors. The plant remains a shining example of a viable economic and technological co-operation between Nigeria and foreign investors. Daimler AG has also divested 100% from the company.

The Company is located on a 300,000 square meter site located strategically on the airport road at Emene Industrial Layout, Enugu. Its main line of business is assembly and production of Commercial Vehicles – trucks, buses and utility vehicles, from 5 tons payload and above.

Over the years, the Company has produced over 30,000 units of commercial vehicles for the Nigerian and West African markets. ANAMMCO vehicles are significantly at the vanguard of road mass transit and haulage services in Nigeria. From the very popular and successful L911 truck, the Company developed and introduced various trucks and bus models over time."

Products: City buses, Coaches, and Super structures (cooling van, master lifter, motorized drill, skip loader, refuse compactor, etc.)

With appropriate economic policies and customer goodwill, ANAMMCO (and IVM) can/should support a high proportion of automobile needs of SE States, the nation and Sub-Saharan Africa, thus providing numerous direct and indirect jobs for our teaming unemployed.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/anambra-motor-manufacturing-company.html
.current status of anammco.1500 shackman trucks,5 mercedes benz mascarello buses,50 mercedes benz actros trucks,250 students from institute of management and technology from the department of mechatronics engineering now undergoing training with it staffs,17 students on IT but no one is buying it products.the staffs are being owe 8 month salary,IT students are being owe 2 months allowance.currently Anammco is expriencing black out because it power suppy have been cut off.vehicles worth billions of naira are being put on display no one is buying,let government come to it rescue because anammco is falling day by day.#i rep the 9th mechatronics batch#

1 Like

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by ariesbull: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ignorance is bliss ..the company was formed during the old anambra state which enugu was part of and the capital but as of now it seems that GUO owns the firm or has happened to have high stakes
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
omnisali:

BIAFRA is moving. Correct yo self . heartache for the zoo
Is Biafra a name of person, animal, place or things?
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by JuanDeDios: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

At topic: It's interesting that this company was birthed at the same time along with PAN in Kaduna; but today, its Kaduna counterpart is practically dead.
Because PAN relied on government patronage, the same mistake Innoson is about to make. The day government stops buying you crumble. But chasing government money is the Nigerian way.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by phazotron(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
ibos and their inferiority complex. always have to mudsling others to feel good about urself. and as for the pathetic liar who posted the last pic of the Leyland buses those and all othe Leyland vehicles come from the Leyland plant in ibadan which is alive and operational unlike ur anamco whose secrets have been exposed thanks to right minded ones amongst ur lot.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by phazotron(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
ibos and their inferiority complex. always have to mudsling others to feel good about urself. and as for the pathetic liar who posted the last pic of the Leyland buses those and all other Leyland vehicles come from the Leyland plant in ibadan which is alive and operational unlike ur anamco whose secrets have been exposed thanks to right minded ones amongst ur lot.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by larryUG(m): 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:
And who says Anamco is a vehicle manufacturing company?
The meanin is Anambra Motor MANUFACTURING coy.

1 Like

Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Brilliance9000: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
Acjohn:
Don't call an assembly plant a manufacturing plant. Let be clear on that.

Haba yoruba.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Brilliance9000: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
phazotron:
ibos and their inferiority complex. always have to mudsling others to feel good about urself. and as for the pathetic liar who posted the last pic of the Leyland buses those and all other Leyland vehicles come from the Leyland plant in ibadan which is alive and operational unlike ur anamco whose secrets have been exposed thanks to right minded ones amongst ur lot.
See hate...Haba yoruba.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
larryUG:

The meanin is Anambra Motor MANUFACTURING coy.

And your point is what exactly?

Nwanne forget wetin dem write for motor body and enter d motor joor
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by tplacid: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sabadon:
Igbo adigo nma chineke gozie kwa nmu nna niné dikwa ime d hustle anyi ga gawakwa places

God bless d ibo race

God bless Nigeria

Thank God the tension of Biafra has reduced.

And yes God bless the Igbo race that I admire so much.

Igbos will play an important role in Nigeria's devololment.

I believe there is strength in diversity and yes God bless Nigeria
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by o42austino(m): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

And your point is what exactly?

Nwanne forget wetin dem write for motor body and enter d motor joor
the highest share hold in the company is from Anambra
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
o42austino:
the highest share hold in the company is from Anambra

Does it make it a manufacturing company from scratch? Every Damn thing in that company is 100% imported and it is even carrying d logo of benz, the original manufacturer and fabricator.

I am not doubting it's ties to Anambra state.

Besides, that was the old Anambra state, so, ebonyi,enugu and d current anambra should have equal shares
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by o42austino(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

Does it make it a manufacturing company from scratch? Every Damn thing in that company is 100% imported and it is even carrying d logo of benz, the original manufacturer and fabricator.

Besides, that was the old Anambra state, so, ebonyi,enugu and d current anambra should have equal shares
smiles..... PLS say what u know, I know the metal works are fabricated in Nigeria, some of its mechanical parts are sourced in Onitsha and Aba just like Innoson do, only few is imported. Regarding the Logo, the company is in partnership with Benz to Produce it's heavy duty trucks In Nigeria, recently they signed Agreement with another company from Asia to Also produce their brand of heavy duty trucks in Nigeria.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by o42austino(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

the company is no longer owned by government, government sold it to individuals and the owner of GUO Transport company (Sir. Goddy Ubaka Okeke) is the highest share holder of the company.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
o42austino:
smiles..... PLS say what u know, I know the metal works are fabricated in Nigeria, some of its mechanical parts are sourced in Onitsha and Aba just like Innoson do, only few is imported. Regarding the Logo, the company is in partnership with Benz to Produce it's heavy duty trucks In Nigeria, recently they signed Agreement with another company from Asia to Also produce their brand of heavy duty trucks in Nigeria.

Mechanical parts sourced in onitsha and aba? Like what and what bro?

Metal works in naija? From which steel manufacturing company?

See, I be FBI (full blooded igbo man) BAB( bread and buttered)

I stand for anything that will benefit igbos, I also stand for d good of igbos. Check my comments, u will notice dat too, I champion any innoson thread.

But dis Anammco story is what I don't fathom with. Call a spade a spade, if it was manufactured in naija, it would have been listed as one of the companies that manufactures cars just like IVM, but they were not,

Get your facts straight and right. I would have engaged u properly to clear your doubts, but I ve a low ba3.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by o42austino(m): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

I stand for anything that will benefit igbos, I also stand for d good of igbos. Check my comments, u will notice dat too, I champion any innoson thread.

But dis Anammco story is what I don't fathom with. Call a spade a spade, if it was manufactured in naija, it would have been listed as one of the companies that manufactures cars just like IVM, but they were not,

Get your facts straight and right. I would have engaged u properly to clear your doubts, but I ve a low ba3.
clear my doubts u said?, for the fact that u dont know their are many functional steel manufacturer in Nigeria makes this discussion questionable.

Sparkwest Steel Industries Limited

Plot 3a Ibadan Street, Osborne Foreshore Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
0809 9924629, 0803 6933353, 0817 4672959

M. Ghalayini Nigeria Limited

19A, Cameroun Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
0803 4004500, 0709 8005758

African Steel Mills Nigeria Limited

Plot 337 ,Odogunyan Street, Ikorodu, Lagos
01 2773400 , 0803 6707641

Universal Steels Limited

1, Universal Steels Crescent, Ogba Industrial Estate, Ikeja, Lagos
01-4925364 , 01-4961074

Sunflag Iron and Steel Limited

4 Lisa Street, Odogunyan, Ikorodu, Lagos

Steel And Wire Manufacturing Company Limited
380, Ikorodu Road, Ikeja, Lagos
0803 5930930, 01 4971907,

This is just to mention but a few of over 20 steel company in Nigeria.

Their are many others that I know in Anambra and Aba that is involved fabrication of car parts and Engine parts, the tire used by Innoson is manufactured by him, the plastic and rubber component of his cars and bikes are manufactured by him since he has a rubber and plastic industry in Enugu and the likes of Anammco can source from him, like Innoson the only thing I know he import is the Engine from His manufacturers Mitsibushi
chigoizie7:

chigoizie7:

clear my doubts u said?, for the fact that u dont know their are many functional steel manufacturer in Nigeria makes this discussion questionable.

Universal Steels Limited

01-4925364 , 01-4961074

Their are many others that I know in Anambra and Aba that is involved fabrication of car parts and Engine parts, the tire used by Innoson is manufactured by him, the plastic and rubber component of his cars and bikes are manufactured by him since he has a rubber and plastic industry in Enugu and the likes of Anammco can source from him, like Innoson the only thing I know he import is the Engine from His manufacturers Mitsibushi with IVM logo, but Anammco can't have their own logo since they are producing for Another company here in Nigeria.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Acjohn(m): 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
Brilliance9000:

Haba yoruba.

Yoruba? God forbid. But the truth must be told
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by Apelex(m): 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
When them buy parts from China and Japan cone assemble am put their logo.the. go say them down manufacture car.rubbish
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
o42austino:

Universal Steels Limited

01-4925364 , 01-4961074

Their are many others that I know in Anambra and Aba that is involved fabrication of car parts and Engine parts, the tire used by Innoson is manufactured by him, the plastic and rubber component of his cars and bikes are manufactured by him since he has a rubber and plastic industry in Enugu and the likes of Anammco can source from him, like Innoson the only thing I know he import is the Engine from His manufacturers Mitsibushiclear my doubts u said?, for the fact that u dont know their are many functional steel manufacturer in Nigeria makes this discussion questionable.

Universal Steels Limited

01-4925364 , 01-4961074

Their are many others that I know in Anambra and Aba that is involved fabrication of car parts and Engine parts, the tire used by Innoson is manufactured by him, the plastic and rubber component of his cars and bikes are manufactured by him since he has a rubber and plastic industry in Enugu and the likes of Anammco can source from him, like Innoson the only thing I know he import is the Engine from His manufacturers Mitsibushi with IVM logo, but Anammco can't have their own logo since they are producing for Another company here in Nigeria.

Good response. I hope u know that smelting of iron ore into a steel is different from fabricating a steel.

All the same, I might be as ignorant as ever anticipated, my bad, I am just as a learner as all of us.

U win.
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by o42austino(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

Good response. I hope u know that smelting of iron ore into a steel is different from fabricating a steel.

All the same, I might be as ignorant as ever anticipated, my bad, I am just as a learner as all of us.

U win.

smiles.... We are all winners
Re: ANAMMCO: Car Producing Company In Nigeria (Pics) by sexybrooke: 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hemanwel:
Honestly, all I see are painted/refurbished heavy duty vehicles.Prove me wrong though!
that was how you and your likes doubted innoson until saraki drove one and ben bruce is a proud owner of one hello hater there's another auto maker in aba livinco very soon it ll be displayed IGBO THE GREATEST AFRICAN TRIBE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident In Benin City This Afternoon (graphic Photos) / Suggest An SUV Of 2m To Buy For My Wife / Buying My First Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.