Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

(pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke (47363 Views)

6 Money Myths That Has Left So Many Nigerians Broke / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked / 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Lost Its Place As Africa’s Largest Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Baawaa:
Fact, though it sound childish
Ezi
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by mikolo80: 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
tonyfrenzy:
Hmmm, a good layman explanation.

But the cabals who make 650% are the importers, the wealthy,
the politicians and the people in power . We masses are the real
sufferers not any of those guys or their children.

People who import generators of all sort will do all things to
sabotage any stable electricity in Nigeria. Everything still boils
[size=18pt]down to corruption.[/size]
then why do you keep voting for them
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by mikolo80: 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
TeOwl:
N30 bullet yes, but what of the man-hours he used to hunt the animal? I hope you know that going into the bush/forest to hunt for 3 - 5 hours also has a monetary value? Factor that in also...

all in all, every is worth just 1000 plus time o plus effort
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by mikolo80: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
kalus02:

And its impossible to sell a big antelope 4 N1000. A big antelope should be costing from 10K up grin grin grin
then a big pot of pepper soup will cost 35000. grin
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by mikolo80: 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
donsteady:
Nigerian problem is like man with seven wives, he has no money to cater for their financial needs and no strigent to satisfy their sexual desire. He keep promising change.
but he has his back and muscles and brains. time to give them a workout
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by professore(m): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
Common sense
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
sometimes we can fetch out sense out of nonsense...
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by chinchum(m): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
ednut1:
mama ngozi is a witch, d day u try to outsmart her she will finish u. ask Ghadafi, Sadam, Mugabe, Buhari(1985), Nkrumah and odas wat mama did to dem
that is the problem, shifting blames and not willing to accept it is your fault.

Let the hunter marry a wive who can make peppersoup with his hunt , is that too hard?

Nigeria can have functional refineries to refine crude oil to meet local demand, na foreign world powers dey stop us from operating refineries.

Dangote will singlehandedly solve Nigerias oil refinery problem by 2018 all things being equal, what is stopping government from planning?
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
mikolo80:
then why do you keep voting for them

JAMB question. But why not?
Is everybody in Nigeria all bad?

If u fail to vote for who you think can do it,
others vote will vote against him/her.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by churchmind: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
moshino:

I have no idea what you're rambling about. But the OP was attempting an analysis using deductive reasoning, but the premise of the OP's analysis is flawed, and not comprehensive. Hence, OP's entire thesis becomes questionable. It's like getting an answer right, without correctly showing how you arrived at the answer. The OP could have just summarized what he/she was trying to say, without using pedestrian analysis.
before now u could not conceive any meaning full idea only to come out here n spill trash.enough of dat beclouded theoretical brainwashed state at which ur local alma has tried to package.

1 Like

Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by bxcode(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
The real change is there to be made by the present younger generation, not some retired old general with his propaganda team and blaming anybody for our past misfortunes won't solve anything.
If I may ask how many Nigerian youths today have drawn up plans and ideas on how to tackle the numerous problems facing all the sectors in the country? Just few people probably. Our youths are busy flexing and being contempt with average salary at the end of every month, hoping for that some old men will give them jobs and employment.
We know what our problem is but we are too shy to confront it head on. Agricultural sector alone has the capacity to industrialize this country because we have abundant raw materials.
I am ready to solve a problem in this country, are you?

1 Like

Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by alaskido(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Well, I do not care about the message you guys are trying to pass here. All I am interested in is the bush meat I saw below. Looks inviting and mouth is watering.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Codyt(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Moderators at times though angry angry undecided. I personally posted this topic a while back https://www.nairaland.com/2719039/nigeria-glance-lesson-hunter-story and didn't make FP until now.

Back to the matter. Lesson learnt.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by modik(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
Baawaa:

I quite agree with you. It sounds childish to those who have childish mind!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by oyinkinola: 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
[b]....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion?[/b]
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by moshino(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
churchmind:
before now u could not conceive any meaning full idea only to come out here n spill trash.enough of dat beclouded theoretical brainwashed state at which ur local alma has tried to package.

I have no idea what you're talking about, your attempt at making sense or sounding intelligent failed woefully. I cannot waste anymore second on you, good luck with your evolution!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by gatiano(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Like say curry na free
firewood na free
kerosene na free
pepper (rodo, tata se, tomato, tin tomato etc) na free?
maggi na free?
kogi soap to wash pot and plate na free?
water to cook, wash plates and pots, and to drink na free?
mama Ngozi no day pay shop rent?
what about light(electricity) na free? even if na atupa(lantern) na free?
Mama Ngozi no go hire one or two helper? The helpers come her shop come count plate?

Op, you no sabi maths and business and na why Nigeria dey loose commercially.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
omohayek:

Two people of sub-normal intellect see eye to eye. What a surprise!

Or a single droopy armed troglodyte crass common denominator that is outed. What a complete shock!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Areacode213: 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
greenmonk:
so there is no content of human capital and training associated with the hunter.
You are also ditorting the import of the analogy.
The hunter would have made a better economic sense to make his wife prepare the pepper soup. When are we really going to face reality and build our econemy instead of looking finished products from other lands?
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Kazrem(m): 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
Very true.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by Vincent41(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
pacino26:
Spot on. If you get to they office off the DPR to initiate process to set up a refinery they'd give you the paper criteria but to get approval is the real issue. My time in 2013 working seriously on setting up a refinery with some patrons made me realise that Nigeria isn't ready for the word 'PROGRESS'

We keep fooling ourselves, you don't have power CCGP will need to be imported asking with all accessories, steel for interconnecting piping needs to be imported, to make roads heavy earth moving equipment needs to be imported. To set Nigeria on the path of industrialization will take another ten yrs.

As far as I am concerned, there's no proactive plan in place.

when some one calls Nigeria a zoo,some people will Get Angry....Notin will ever change in Nigeria cos People will Never alllow Good tins to be Done.
Whats the diff between a Zoo and Nigeria??.....usless country
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by ifeanyi83(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Baawaa:

At least a 10-year old child will understand it.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by oyinkinola: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
moshino:

I have no idea what you're talking about, your attempt at making sense or sounding intelligent failed woefully. I cannot waste anymore second on you, good luck with your evolution!
...you are right, time is money but money need plan!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by mikolo80: 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

JAMB question. But why not?
Is everybody in Nigeria all bad?

If u fail to vote for who you think can do it,
others vote will vote against him/her.
huh?
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by samx4real(m): 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
pacino26:

Yea true, but the cost of change. Especially proactive planning can be very expensive.

Case study;

I hail from one of the privileged towns in Enugu where a thing man can make two million selling a plot or less with more property lying in waste. Since August 2015 after series of talks before then I had to retire early from my active job to organise and set up a youth progressive. It is still a work in progress, months down the line I am still dealing with elections and inauguration. I have a youth empowerment scheme in place projected at having 30persons trained in six months with more on various start up businesses. From experience it had not been easy implementing this change but then in ten yrs time I'll have an average of 30 independent millionaires ages within 40yrs. That's planning and not waiting till they all exhaust their properties.

Nigeria as a country politically have been left to bureaucrats and ignorant autocrats the real technocrats are sidelined in policy making and decision taking so the events of today represents a culmination of all past errors.

I'll wake up the youths someday.

You are a blessing to your generation... So keep up d good job! That is really how to implement change!

The lord is your strength!!!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by islandmoon: 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
in fact! Nigeria didn't kill the animal, she only owns the forest where these animal lives, he then went to invite foreign hunters (expertrates) to kill it, it was even the foreign hunters that tells them the number of animal and the weight of the animal they killed.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by greenmonk: 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
Acidosis:
I want to believe the pepper soup seller didn't prepare the meat under a roofless home with urine, poo, sand and paper.

I want to believe those buying our oil aren't refining with magic, wave and the expertise of new born babies.

The Question we should be asking is: is it profitable and cost-effective to refine our oil?

Would you buy 'Agbo' (herbal medicine) at N500/bottle when a tablet of paracetamol (made in Indian) costs only N20, just because you want to patronize your local medicine sellers in Nigeria?

If the business environment in Nigeria is favourable, everything including refineries would work effortlessly and profitably. Which of these refining machineries do you manufacture in Nigeria? How many Nigerian engineers can operate and run a refinery? lol, most of these things/expertise would still be imported (expensive), so why are we f00ling ourselves?

Until our business environment and knowledge is enhanced, some things would remain cheaper when imported.

Your analogy is not comprehensive reason being that the hunter has no choice! He cannot prepare pepper soup, so if he must prepare one, he has to pay to learn how to prepare pepper soup. The question is, is he ready to learn? at what cost? N10,000? Are you sure he won't go back to beg the woman after paying N10,000 for training?

Do Nigerian engineers travel out for training? Yes. At what cost? Billions! Why do we still run to beg the trainers (white men) to come run our refineries? Our flyovers? At what cost?

The hunter killed the animal with a cheap bullet (that's profit), but the woman can't! Don't you think the pepper soup seller ought to have killed the same animal to increase her profit margin?

This issue of refinery has been going on for long but Nigerians need to know the truth. Running a refinery is not a child's play. Until we develop our knowledge bank, Nigeria will continue to import everything till Christ come!

Before we build refineries, let's learn to make competitive match sticks. Its N5 per box all the way from China. How many Nigerians can produce such and sell at N3 per box? NONE! Why? We cannot make the machine that makes match sticks.
Bros, make una come see this one ooo.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by jamace(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
Very GBAMISTIC analogy! cool grin grin
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by greenmonk: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
islandmoon:
in fact! Nigeria didn't kill the animal, she only owns the forest where these animal lives, he then went to invite foreign hunters (expertrates) to kill it, it was even the foreign hunters that tells them the number of animal and the weight of the animal they killed.
But they still like pepper soup prepared by mama ngozi and expect the economy to grow.
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by james1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
Thats how the cookie crumbles!
Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by pacino26(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
samx4real:

You are a blessing to your generation... So keep up d good job! That is really how to implement change!

The lord is your strength!!!

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke by omohayek: 12:17am On Feb 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Or a single droopy armed troglodyte crass common denominator that is outed. What a complete shock!

Oh bugger off, you non-entity. Do you even know what "outed" means? You clearly have nothing whatsoever to contribute to any discussion beyond lame attempts at insults you've cribbed from an online thesaurus, and my time is too valuable to waste it on cretins of your ilk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Sade Okoya Celebrates 42nd Birthday With Husband And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.