Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

He Looked Just Like Him! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He Looked Just Like Him! (1022 Views)

A Man Like Him. New Hot Romance! / Just Like Yesterday / See Wat Wole Soyinka Looked When He Matriculated At University Of Ibadan At 18yr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Looked Just Like Him! by RemenZack(f): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

She was a sad, sad human with rancour, bitterness and laced hatred strewn in her evil heart and mind.

But she had the most beautiful smile, her set of white teeth, complementing her oily and honey coloured skin.

Her hair was silky than silk. It was black, full and long, just the perfect trilogy of a Woman's hair.

She would sit outside, very close to the Mango and Cashew trees, watching the Children intently, as they played with one another. She decided to make up a snack from a big bowl of Flour, to feed to the almost tired and frazzled Children.

She offered them a snack as they hungrily devoured it, the one who looked just like him kindly asked for more.

He would have been Oliver Twist, always asking for more but he didn't last too long to do so. She took him into her home. She fed him more than once and put fine clothing on his dry skin. She talked to him and he talked to her too.

She looked into his eyes whenever he was awake and when he closed his tired eyelids, she would stare deeply into his Chest and beyond. She loved him greatly, everyone thought.

The boy became her son and he called her Mother. Everyone was envious of the erstwhile orphan boy, because he had a loving Mother to call his.

She would offer him delectable dishes whenever he wanted. Until, he fell terribly sick, looking and acting emaciated with a malaise illness, no one could understand.

That was when she stopped looking into his eyes or at his Chest and beyond. She stopped playing the role of Mother but he never stopped being her Son, as he would twist, turn, cry and beg for her to answer his one last dying request, but she would silently sew new clothes.

Until he died on a Sunday morning, she was done with the Suit she had been paying so much attention to finish. It was a black coloured Suit, just the right size for his height and other inanimate bodily measurement.

She put it on him and she cried her last.

She said, "You looked just like the one that made me so bitter to kill you. You looked just like him. How could you, O little orphan one?" She asked rhetorically, she wiped her tears and buried the lifeless boy at the top of the steeples Hills.

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by Royver(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Erm, okaaay sad

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by RemenZack(f): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Royver:
Erm, okaaay sad
Too gruesome or forlorn for you to handle?
Thanks for reading and commenting regardless.
Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by joanee20(f): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmmm..

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by jacy67(f): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
cry such a sad end for the innocent orphan.

Reminds me of Ikemefuna in Things Fall Apart.

Killed by the very one he calls father sad

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by Babacele: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
RemenZack:
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

She was a sad, sad human with rancour, bitterness and laced hatred strewn in her evil heart and mind.

But she had the most beautiful smile, her set of white teeth, complementing her oily and honey coloured skin.

Her hair was silky than silk. It was black, full and long, just the perfect trilogy of a Woman's hair.

She would sit outside, very close to the Mango and Cashew trees, watching the Children intently, as they played with one another. She decided to make up a snack from a big bowl of Flour, to feed to the almost tired and frazzled Children.

She offered them a snack as they hungrily devoured it, the one who looked just like him kindly asked for more.

He would have been Oliver Twist, always asking for more but he didn't last too long to do so. She took him into her home. She fed him more than once and put fine clothing on his dry skin. She talked to him and he talked to her too.

She looked into his eyes whenever he was awake and when he closed his tired eyelids, she would stare deeply into his Chest and beyond. She loved him greatly, everyone thought.

The boy became her son and he called her Mother. Everyone was envious of the erstwhile orphan boy, because he had a loving Mother to call his.

She would offer him delectable dishes whenever he wanted. Until, he fell terribly sick, looking and acting emaciated with a malaise illness, no one could understand.

That was when she stopped looking into his eyes or at his Chest and beyond. She stopped playing the role of Mother but he never stopped being her Son, as he would twist, turn, cry and beg for her to answer his one last dying request, but she would silently sew new clothes.

Until he died on a Sunday morning, she was done with the Suit she had been paying so much attention to finish. It was a black coloured Suit, just the right size for his height and other inanimate bodily measurement.

She put it on him and she cried her last.

She said, "You looked just like the one that made me so bitter to kill you. You looked just like him. How could you, O little orphan one?" She asked rhetorically, she wiped her tears and buried the lifeless boy at the top of the steeples Hills.
hmmm ...in life there are no guarantees.. nice piece.

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by RemenZack(f): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2016
jacy67:
cry such a sad end for the innocent orphan.

Reminds me of Ikemefuna in Things Fall Apart.

Killed by the very one he calls father sad
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by RemenZack(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2016
Babacele:
hmmm ...in life there are no guarantees.. nice piece.

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by donkross1(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
RemenZack:

Hey boss lady, I tried sending you a pm but nairaland no gree me. Please endeavour to send me a pm, I have an offer for you. Please reply me asap.

1 Like

Re: He Looked Just Like Him! by RemenZack(f): 5:35am On Feb 21, 2016
Sorry for late replies. I've been busy. You're free to send an email then.

(1) (Reply)

John Grisham Fan's / Style Your Slang / The Twin: An Interesting Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.