Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Spending In The West: Clarification. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spending In The West: Clarification. (459 Views)

Visiting Visa To US As A Business Partner, Need Your Clarification Pls / Pls House I Need Clarification On Canada DLI / 4 Ways Nigerians Can Take A Luxury Trip Abroad Without Spending A Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spending In The West: Clarification. by sparkleboy(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2016
This post is directed to those who are knowledgeable about the rules of financial transactions both in Nigeria and the Developed nations especially the USA.
1. Assuming my mom comes to the U.S for an academic conference ( let's say in Atlanta G.A) and my younger brother stays in North Carolina and he has a bank account in an American bank (let's say sun trust) can my mom just enter a sun trust branch in Atlanta and deposit to his account just like it obtains in Nigeria?

2. Let's assume that she needs to send money to me here in Nigeria for some reasons, can she wire dollars directly to my domiciliary account here in Nigeria? Or can my bro wire directly to me from his own account over there?

3. How much is the cash limit that can be held when leaving Nigeria and when coming back in cash (Dollars and Naira please)

I need response as to this. Thanks

Hungerbad cococandy bebe2 justwise
Re: Spending In The West: Clarification. by HungerBAD: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
1. Your mom can walk into the Bank and pay the money directly into your brothers account, from any of the banks branch in the US.

2. Your mom can send a Wire directly to your Dorm or any bodys dorm account in Nigeria. Usually when it goes beyond 10k Dollars, the Bank is obligated by Law and the IRS to notify them.

3. The Universal travel amount that requires you to declare it is 10k plus Dollars around the world. If the money is 9k plus 99. You are not required to declare it.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Direction. / 4 Tips For Travelling With A Phone / I Need Direction Assistance Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.