Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Jesus And God ! Be The Judge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus And God ! Be The Judge (879 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / The Story Of Moses: Bible And Quran' Be The Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2009
Compiled by Abuzola

'He who is sent is not greater than he who sent Him'

john 13:16-17
Truly, truly, i say to you, a servant is not greater  than his master: nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things blessed are you if you do them'

Jesus was sent therefore he can't be greater than his master.

There are many verses in the bible that jesus was sent, lets treat some of them

john 17:25-26
jesus said 'O righteous father, the world has not known thee, but i have known thee, and these know that thou hast sent me. I made it known to them thy name, and i will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and i in them'

John 5:37
And the father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice  which you have never heard, his form you have never seen ' (note: this indicate jesus as not god because jesus voice was heard while of God have never heard, jesus form was physical while that of God was never seen)

john 5:36
But the testimony which i have is greater than that of john; for the words which the father has granted me to accomplish, these very works which i am doing, bear me witness that the father has sent me'

john 5:30
I can do nothing on my own authority: as i hear, i judge, and my judgement is just, because i seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me'

Quran 4:171
O people of the scripture (christians) ! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of God aught but the truth. The messiah, jesus son of mary was no more than a messenger of God'

Quran 4:172
The messiah will never be proud to reject to be  a slave of God, nor the angels who are near to GOD.  Whosoeter rejects God worship and is proud. Then God will gather them all together to Himself (DAY OF RESURRECTION)
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
Abuzola!! Abuzola!!

Why do you insist on continuing a vicious cycle. angry

You pose questions on a thread and when answers are put forward, you abandon it to start another thread where you repeat the same questions and we go on and on again.

The issues you raise are always the same and I believe you are struggling to believe the following

1. The diety of Jesus
2. The existence of the Holy Spirit.
3. The fact that Jesus was both human and divine
4. The Godhead.

Did I miss any out? grin
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
'And whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will 'never' be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be among the losers' Quran 3:85.

'The Quran is not such as could ever be produced by, other than God, but it is a comfirmation of the revealation which was before it, the torah and the Gospel of jesus, and a full explanation of the book. Wherein there is no doubt, from the Lord of the universe'
Quran 10:37
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2009
Abuzola:

'And whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will 'never' be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be among the losers' Quran 3:85.

'The Quran is not such as could ever be produced by, other than God, but it is a comfirmation of the revealation which was before it, the torah and the Gospel of jesus, and a full explanation of the book. Wherein there is no doubt, from the Lord of the universe'
Quran 10:37

Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Maykelly(f): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2009
what is mohammed genealogy?
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by muhsin(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2009
Can't anyone have a try? Am afraid ahonohai fails. cheesy
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

Can't anyone have a try? Am afraid ahonohai fails. cheesy

You claim I failed but you forgot to state your reasons for such.Care to elaborate?

You did not respond to my post but simply claimed it was substandard to expectations(my own words). Against what standard are you judging my response?
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by muhsin(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
I believe with Jesus (p.b.u.h) on the ground of his claim, i.e. a Messenger sent by God.

For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want. (John 6:38).

Then show me your belief in him? Where he claims he's a God.

Xnks.
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

I believe with Jesus (p.b.u.h) on the ground of his claim, i.e. a Messenger sent by God.

For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want. (John 6:38).

Then show me your belief in him? Where he claims he's a God.

Xnks.

This is a very valid point and a good foundation to build from.

I shall continue on this later in the day

Regards
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by muhsin(m): 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
Are you gonna ask your Pastor? grin
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2009
@kelly, why do you wish to know muhammad genealogy ? I have it but will give you if you have good reason
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

Are you gonna ask your Pastor? grin

Laughs. grin. grin.I'm a walking bible!

But what if I was, isn't that what I'm supposed to do when I'm asked a question I don't know the answer. wink

I'm at work and there is a limit to the time I can spend on NL; besides its almost time to leave the office so I'll continue when I get home.

OK? grin
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by muhsin(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
OK. Ciao!
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by sleek29(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
How many people were there when mohammed got the so called revelation as i know he was the only one in the cave, and if you must know there were eye witnesses when the Spirit of God descended like a dove and they all heard a voice ''this is my beloved Son in whom i'm well pleased'' and you keep quoting a verse you read the whole book and understand fully,  ''Then Jesus answered and said unto them, ''Most assuredly, i say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He (the Father) does, the Son also does in like manner'' John 5:19, its another way of saying the Son and the Father can't be doing different things at the same time (perfect unison), he can't be doing this and the other doing that, perfect oneness, same likeness, mirror reflection of the Father, because He carried God's Spirit around and was in sync with God's Spirit, when he spoke , its because God spoke.

and for chapter 6:38 of the same book of John'' For i have come down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of Him who sent me''
next verse '' This is the will of the Father who sent me, that of all he has given Me i should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day''
next verse[b] '' And this is the will of Him that sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and i will raise him up at the last day (didn't take time to read to know that will) [/b]

and then read verse John 6:45 till the end you'll see that your lack of wisdom was also showed by the jews who thought he meant the should eat his flesh and drink is blood in real terms
''this is a hard saying; who can understand it?, said the disciples'' (so your reaction doesn't surprise me)
John 6:60

''the words i speak are spiritual and they are life'' verse 63 (you can't know Jesus with a carnal mind )
stop opening new threads with the same questions that i have answered more than 10 times already ,you have refused to answer or explain why a man would marry a 9 yr old which is true and has no form of justification for that answer, lets say the thighing issue is still controversial,  but the truth remains that he married a 9yr old had 11 women not wives because a polygamist has lots of women, as lust is the main motivation for that kind of behaviour, the fake theory that DNA has disproved, killing of whoever leaves islam, so many disheartening ways of mohammed all in the hadith, and the quran trying to tell us the earth was flat, the same chapter 18:86 narration about alexander the great was found in history books, i know Mohammed to be someone who travelled a lot (caravans) obviously met a lot of people, learnt greek philosophies (what they now shout as scientific miracles in the quran), they were scientific thoughts of Greeks long before mohammed, and the lie that he could read or write hear is what makes that a glaring lie to make us think he didn't learn from the Greeks, christains, and jews of that time;

Hadith 4:393

Narrated Said bin Jubair:

that he heard Ibn 'Abbas saying, "Thursday! And you know not what Thursday is? After that Ibn 'Abbas wept till the stones on the ground were soaked with his tears. On that I asked Ibn 'Abbas, "What is (about) Thursday?" He said, "When the condition (i.e. health) of Allah's Apostle deteriorated, he said, 'Bring me a bone of scapula, so that I may write something for you after which you will never go astray.'The people differed in their opinions although it was improper to differ in front of a prophet, They said, 'What is wrong with him? Do you think he is delirious? Ask him (to understand). The Prophet replied, 'Leave me as I am in a better state than what you are asking me to do.' Then the Prophet ordered them to do three things saying, 'Turn out all the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, show respect to all foreign delegates by giving them gifts as I used to do.' " The sub-narrator added, "The third order was something beneficial which either Ibn 'Abbas did not mention or he mentioned but I forgot.'

he could in fact write which meant he could read.
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by ayobase(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
thank u sleek.
that is comprehensive!
Re: Jesus And God ! Be The Judge by Abuzola(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
Comprehensive indeed.

@sleek and ahonohai, i guess you people are heartedly blind, i don't repeat my subject, moreover all the subject matter differ from each other.

@sleek, jesus was with the spirit of god and not god himself. Interesting ! I agree with you 100%, it is called 'Ruh' in arabic. Am enjoying the way you guys are responding brilliantly. The Quran says jesus was blown the spirit of God known as Ruh.

You haven't said anything on jesus being sent as a messenger in regard to the opening message of the thread.

Hope to hear from you

(1)

Be Warn! / Food For Thought. Or Even Worship Sef. / T.b Joshua Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.