Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,682 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

$2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court (1163 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts / $2.1bn Arms Deal: I Will Speak Soon – Labaran Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by badohemmy(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2016
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA —The embattled National Publicity Secretary of
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh,
yesterday, begged the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja
to quash the seven-count criminal charge the Economic
and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, preferred against
him.
Metuh, who was alleged to have received N400 million
from the former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col.
Sambo Dasuki (retd), through his company, Destra
Investments Limited, prior to the 2015 presidential
election, argued that the EFCC failed to link him to the
charge.
Instead of opening his defence to the charge as he was
earlier directed by trial Justice Okon Abang, Metuh,
yesterday, told the trial court that he had decided to file a
‘no-case-submission’.
In the no-case-submission he filed through a consortium of
four Senior Advocates of Nigeria, led by Dr. Onyechi
Ikpeazu, SAN, the PDP spokesman prayed the court to in
line with section 302 and 357 of the Administration of
Criminal Justice Act, 2015, discharge him and his firm on
the ground that the EFCC did not establish a prima-facie
case against the defendants to warrant them to be called
upon to enter their defence.
The case was, yesterday adjourned till February 25 for
parties to adopt their written addresses.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/2-1bn-arms-probe-ive-no-case-to-answer-metuh-tells-court/
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by NobleAngell(f): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2016
O yes u do. But am sure efcc cut u loose for a reason. So just enjoy your undeserved freedom and thank God u are in Nigeria where anyone can get away with anything. Congratulations!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by Pheals(f): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2016
Ole !!!yr case no be one self
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by thunder74(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2016
That is what a smart lawyer or law student will do in the instance case. Like I earlier observed, Efcc has not linked Metuh to the alleged crime in all the evidence and witnesses called.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by tunwumi: 7:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Let see to that
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by yaqq: 7:22am On Feb 19, 2016
lawyers wil always divert d case in their favour no matter how! no case submission" running away from d context to quote constitution on legality dts wat a "SAN will always do" EFCC don't have sense @ all

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by GudluckIBB(m): 7:30am On Feb 19, 2016
thunder74:
That is what a smart lawyer or law student will do in the instance case. Like I earlier observed, Efcc has not linked Metuh to the alleged crime in all the evidence and witnesses called.

Were you in jupiter when one of the witness said Metuh gave her 2M dollars to invest?

You People will always wail in everything.

4 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by thunder74(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Were you in jupiter when one of the witness said Metuh gave her 2M dollars to invest?

How is that a crime?
I have some investment in shares, real estate etc and people are managing it for me. Does that make me a criminal?
Did you also observed where one of the witnesses said Metuh had no dealings with Dasuki and the 2M dollars is not from arms money and no documents from Efcc to back the allegations.

5 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by GudluckIBB(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2016
thunder74:

How is that a crime?

......Always read well, understand the topic and its history before you make comment otherwise, you will be misleading the public

Failure to do so is a Crime.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by utytill(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Untill efcc are able to defend their case(s) against dasuki and dasuki convicted,there is no case.they should have waited no matter how long.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by thunder74(m): 7:43am On Feb 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

......Always read well, understand the topic and its history before you make comment otherwise, you will be misleading the public

Failure to do so is a Crime.
I don't know if you are a Lawyer but from a simple criminal procedure, every crime must be proved beyond reasonable doubt. Once there is any little doubt, the court must decide the case in the favor of the accused. That is the position of our laws not sentiment or media trial.
One of the mistake of Efcc is to bring a witness who confessed in court that Metuh gave him a contract and he carried out the contract successfully and another saying he did not eat or turn his statements and an attempt to tender unsigned statement.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by demarc001: 7:44am On Feb 19, 2016
Is that so! Buhari will not even understand this your story
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by PRYCE(m): 8:09am On Feb 19, 2016
I support Metuh and the Common Sense Revolution.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by danot1030: 8:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Metuh vomit our yam!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by GudluckIBB(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2016
thunder74:

I don't know if you are a Lawyer but from a simple criminal procedure, every crime must be proved beyond reasonable doubt. Once there is any little doubt, the court must decide the case in the favor of the accused. That is the position of our laws not sentiment or media trial.
One of the mistake of Efcc is to bring a witness who confessed in court that Metuh gave him a contract and he carried out the contract successfully and another saying he did not eat or turn his statements and an attempt to tender unsigned statement.

Sir, I was expecting insult from you but now that you didn't do that,I give you kudos!

Wether Efcc proves its point beyond resoanable doubt or not,People Should stop stealing.
Whover has stolen what belongs to you and I illegaly must return it back and pay for it. With that, it will be great for the Economy and you and I will be the beneficiarry on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by maestroferddi: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2016
NobleAngell:
O yes u do. But am sure efcc cut u loose for a reason. So just enjoy your undeserved freedom and thank God u are in Nigeria where anyone can get away with anything. Congratulations!
What nonsense are you talking about?

Metuh is in court:EFCC and APC should try and get a conviction on him via a court of competent jurisdiction instead of deploying senseless media trial and futile intimidation and persecution designed to make him cower.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by maestroferddi: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Sir, I was expecting insult from you but now that you didn't do that,I give you kudos!

Wether Efcc proves its point beyond resoanable doubt or not,People Should stop stealing.
Whover has stolen what belongs to you and I illegaly must return it back and pay for it. With that, it will be great for the Economy and you and I will be the beneficiarry on the long run.
You are beginning to sound like a stark illiterate.

Must I remind you that the rules of engagement is that it is incumbent on the prosecution/accuser to prove beyond the minutest scintilla of doubt that the accused committed the crime/wrongdoing for which they are standing trial?

Our society would be reverting to an animal kingdom when privileged people in positions of authority whimsically constitute themselves into both the judge and the jury just to get at perceived enemies.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by tuniski: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2016
Efcc is whacked! They have consistently showed themselves incompetent to prosecute corruption cases except where the accused make confessions. Yeye people. Instead of strengthening the agency via training and retraining on corruption prosecution, all the govt does is make hot air allegation without Substance!
An ineffective institution and an even confused govt! So annoying

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by GudluckIBB(m): 9:04am On Feb 19, 2016
maestroferddi:
You are beginning to sound like a stark illiterate.

Must I remind you that the rules of engagement is that it is incumbent on the prosecution/accuser to prove beyond the minutest scintilla of doubt that the accused committed the crime/wrongdoing for which they are standing trial?

Our society would be reverting to an animal kingdom when privileged people in positions of authority whimsically constitute themselves into both the judge and the jury just to get at perceived enemies.

You didn't make sense.

Go and meet jumoke the bread seller to Educate you.

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by maestroferddi: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

You didn't make sense.

Go and meet jumoke the bread seller to Educate you.
Stop wasting my time...
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by keally: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

. Are you coming from mars or you are just mischievous or ... You accused somebody of diverting N400 million without evidence only to get to court and start talking about N2m USD. Where is the connection? FACT. There is nothing like N2.1b USD arms fund. Check this out. Dasuki was alleged to have diverted that amount but was charged with a PARLTRY N13b. Check this out. All the amount mentioned as shared money is no where near N20b, remember PDP got about N22b from campaign fund raising. Why are they trying to conduct secret trial for dasuki? #thereisnothinglike2.1bUSD.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:24am On Feb 19, 2016
thunder74:

How is that a crime?
I have some investment in shares, real estate etc and people are managing it for me. Does that make me a criminal?
Did you also observed where one of the witnesses said Metuh had no dealings with Dasuki and the 2M dollars is not from arms money and no documents from Efcc to back the allegations.
It's understandable that you'd like to justify an obvious crime, and for that matter, one of this magnitude. After all, most of your generation knows nothing but disorganization, crime, confusion and corruption, but for once, please try to use your head.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: I’ve No Case To Answer, Metuh Tells Court by Justiyke4u: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2016
When I said I hope their witnesses are credible enough to sustain the charge someone started attacking me. Well it for the court to decide whether he has a case to answer or not. For those accusing lawyers in this case, your duty is to attack the evidence of your opponent. Lawyers are paid to do their job which they must do diligently. You don't blame the defence lawyer when the prosecution has not discharged the burden on him

(1) (Reply)

Anyim Pius-anyim Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today / We'll Be At PDP's Graveside, Says Okupe / 2019: Saraki, Dogara, Others To Form New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.