Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation (30806 Views)

Arms Deals: EFCC Seizes Ex-chief Of Army Staff’s N4B Estate / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by HungerBAD: 4:45am On Mar 14, 2016
Dasuki’s ex-aide loses embassy job

A bureau de change operator has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that N1.5billion was paid into his account for the son of a former Minister of Finance.

Salisu Umaru said he did not know what the minister’s son used the cash for. The former minister and his son were not named “so as not to jeopardise the investigation”. The cash is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion “phoney” arms deals funds.

Also at the weekend, it was learnt that the army has replaced one of its officers under probe for the phoney arms deals, Col. Nicholas Ashinze, with Col. M.A. Abdullahi as the nation’s military attaché to Germany.

Col. Ashinze is to refund N7.3million, which was paid to him as estacode and air fares.

Salisu, who gave the EFCC details of how the N1.5billion was wired into his company’s account, said he never knew what the cash from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) was meant for.

He said : “I was invited by EFCC and when I reported, I was shown my company’s account statement with Zenith Bank called Jabama Ada Global Nigeria Limited in which there was an inflow of N500million on 5/2/2015 and N1billion on 16/4/2015 into the account from the Office of the National Security Adviser.

“On the inflow of N500million into my company’s account on 5/2/2015, I wish to state as follows : That on the same date(5/2/2015), I paid the equivalent of US$2,380,952 to the son of the minister, being the equivalent of the said N500million at the rate of N210 per dollar.

“I do not know what he used the money for. My own business is to buy and sell dollars. It is only the minister’s son that can explain what the money was meant for. The minister’s son signed and collected the said N500million.

“On the N1billion inflow into my company’s account on 16/4/2015, I wish to say the money was disbursed as follows: $1,000,000, being the equivalent of N220million; and $327,000 (equivalent of N72,600,000) were paid cash to the son of the minister while the sum of N704,400,000 was transferred to various accounts based on the instruction of the minister’s son. He gave some of the instructions through text messages. Some of the instructions were also received from the father.

“I also want to state that I do not know what the N1billion was meant for and what it was used for.”

Col. M.A. Abdullahi’s initial nomination for the job was turned down by a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah.

Gen. Minimah was said to have favoured Col. Ashinze because he speaks German fluently.

Col. Ashinze had been ordered by the army to refund N7.3million, including an estacode of N6million and N1.3milion air fares.

But the embattled former military aide to Col. Dasuki asked the army to prevail on the EFCC to lift the restriction on his account to be able to refund the cash.

A top source said: “Ashinze has been replaced with Col. M.A. Abdullahi as Defence Attaché to Germany because the EFCC is yet to conclude investigation of some military officers.

“In fact, Ashinze was replaced as soon a he was shortlisted for interrogation and before the EFCC began his drilling.

“While in EFCC’s custody, the military police brought the letter asking him to refund the N7.3million allowances. He said the army should lift the ban placed on his account to effect refund of the money.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2-1bn-arms-deals-n1-5bn-traced-ex-ministers-son/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by malton: 4:48am On Mar 14, 2016
It beats me how the very same people who bear the brunt (if at all they do) of such kleptocracy stake their reputation defending the indefensible. Does your conscience not prick you at all? How do you sleep at nights with so much blood on your hands?

I've lost friends and known ones, an uncle and nearly lost my mum all to Boko haram. They burnt down my dad's house, and he's broken a bone in an accident he was involved in whilst he and his team were chasing them down.

So I know firsthand what it's like to suffer in the hands of those monsters. The thing is, it all happened at the time bullets were being rationed to soldiers, by which time they could have long been contained or their powers whittled down at the very least, had the money been put to purpose.

All we want is justice for the lost souls who cannot speak up now. We're their voices, and are watching with keen interest from the sideline how events unfold.

229 Likes 29 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 14, 2016
Is the minister a ghost or is he kind of related to APC hence the ghost mode? Don't we have investigative journalists in that country? Must we always be at the mercy of APC propaganda all the time?

I know there's more to this whole game but we will soon find out.

Meanwhile NAIJA journalists are goats.angry

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by DaBullIT(m): 5:13am On Mar 14, 2016
Again

the news said , Son of a former minister of finance

But they said they won't name the son

Abeg, when you sabi the minister name , you no go sabi him pikin ?

Hidden clues in Nigerian Journalism

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala 2003–2006

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Shamsuddeen Usman 2007–2009

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga 2010– June, 2011

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala July 2011–May 2015

Kemi Adeosun 11 November 2015–present

[size=18pt]I WANT TO PLAY A GAME , IT'S CALLED SPOT THE THIEF
[/size]

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by jmichlins(m): 5:24am On Mar 14, 2016
I do not know if am the only one tired of this efcc arrest and detain troubles. Please save us the details and throw someone in jail then come tell us

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by BaddieKay(f): 5:51am On Mar 14, 2016
You don't have full details yet and u hurried to release a statement.why not finish ur investigation and effect arrest b4 blabbing.As it is u've already let the young man know ur after him and he'll come prepared.

What exactly is it that's stopping you 4rm giving the name of the minister's son?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Are we seeing how beasts of no nation was financed?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Hmmm naija I hail o. Uncle lalasticlala, mynd44, pls come see something!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by 989900: 6:17am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

[/size]

Where is the 'coughing' emoticon? tongue

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by olatade(m): 6:18am On Mar 14, 2016
While impunity prevailed under GEJ - the impossible - these untouchables are now being prosecuted by PMB. This is CHANGE.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 14, 2016
These
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by diasporaman(m): 6:24am On Mar 14, 2016
Waiting
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by egalitarian78: 6:25am On Mar 14, 2016
The corruption in this country is just too endemic for anyone's liking but d state agents must also be told that dia penchant for rushing to d media when investigation is yet to be concluded, obviously to make us know they're active in their job, might be having a negative effect as d suspects and their lawyers will immediately modify dia strategy and build a stronger defence against d state. This has been why Efcc has not won most corruption cases dat looked too gigantic at onset by dia media propaganda only to be soon deflated at d courts. The portion dat said his father giving some instructions; were they referring to d boy's father as d minister or as d husband of d minister. The govt must also be reminded dat anti corruption fight must go on with governance as abandoning d later completely is what has left d country in d present day economic hardship and confusion. Personally, most truthful Nigerians will not change dia 'persecution ' impression about this fight if only d opposition members are being caught by dia net. Every thief must be brought to justice.

10 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 14, 2016
These people have no conscience at all. money that was meant to fight the menace of insurgency is what they are squandering and siphoning into their private account thereafter some would go ahead and open their maggot infested mouth and say negative things about the present administration.. all those people who directly or indirectly caused boko hararm's insurgence to linger shall face the full wrath of the law of the land or the divine judgement of God

- baebae

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by mallamseifaldin(m): 6:27am On Mar 14, 2016
Buhari you are disappointing me..

Stop granting this criminals bail, jail them so that others will learn and the world will know that you are really fighting corruption....

PMB please let us go back to the old path, let us go back to 1983 when corrupt politicians are jailed.....

I AM TIRED OFF ARRESTED TODAY, BAILED TOMORROW......

12 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by DropShot: 6:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Ngozi Iweala is a thief. She will soon have her days in court.

I kukuma trust Buhari and this Magu guy to do the needful when the time is ripe.

Or better for her not to step into Naija during the life of this administration.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by ObiOkpor(m): 6:41am On Mar 14, 2016
Yam eaters must never go unpunished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Trunaijian: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2016
SirJeffry:
Is the minister a ghost or is he kind of related to APC hence the ghost mode? Don't we have investigative journalists in that country? Must we always be at the mercy of APC propaganda all the time?

I know there's more to this whole game but we will soon find out.

Meanwhile NAIJA journalists are goats.angry
we can find out. All we need to do I find out the date of the transfers then cross check it with the substantive Ministers of Finance at that time.
5/2/2015,
15/4/2015

Who were the Ministers of finance then. Both state and Senior.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by hazyfm1: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2016
[size=38pt]JESUUUUUUU!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by acunon: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2016
It is getting hotter!

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by orijintv(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2016
grin grin Goo'mawnin Yll !!! I Cant Just Allow Naija Politics Destroy Mai Jolly Mondai Mood

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by olatade(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2016
There is always a price for every change, any change without a price is a fad. I understand the fact that Nigerians are going through a lot of difficulty time at the moment which is quite painful. However we need to be objective and impervious. We need to critically assess our situation. At the moment the oil price is at its lowest price in 16 years and the reality is that as a nation we don't have other means of income. With the rapacious greed demonstrated by the previous governments it is clear we have no savings for all 16 years of raining days.
For us to move forward as a nation we must take deliberate and painful steps that will liberate our nation. Under the watch of #Ngozi madam world Bank trillions of naira were lavished on friends and associates and the nation was left bleeding.
To all supporters of #GEJ the elections are over and your mentor will never return as a president not even of Niger Delta. He has become part of our black history.
. #PMBleadUsToTheNextLevel. God bless Nigeria.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by 100Cents: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2016
ALLESt him now
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by hazyfm1: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2016
DaBullIT:
Again

Wikipedia I hail thee

Adamu Ciroma 1999–2003

Nnenadi Usman 2006–2007

Mansur Mukhtar 2009–2010

[/size]

Thief spotted with a head scarf on

17 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by dejavubobo1(m): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
The rate at which dollar change hands in the last admin is enough to embattle our foreign exchange. God bless buhari fr starving the economy of Dollar.
Many manufacturers turning to local raw materials Good news
Students discouraged from traveling abroad to study Good news.
Patronage fr made in Naija products Good news

The disadvantage is just fr a while, like fine wine we'll be better off ds present conditions

9 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by 100Cents: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
OR charge him to FLOOD.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by cocoberry(f): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
The army has replaced one of its officers under probe for the phoney arms deals, Col. Nicholas Ashinze, with Col. M.A. Abdullahi as the nation’s military attaché to Germany. grin
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by sayyid(m): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this people don chop Nigeria finish. I wonder why some of our leaders are so heartless that they don't even want to know that their followers exist, if it's the past government that are still in power I wonder what will have happened to us by now.
May the souls of those that died unjustly in the hands of Boko Haram continue to hunt all the people engaged in this fraudulent act

5 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by Mutuwa(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2016
olatade:
While impunity prevailed under GEJ - the impossible - these untouchables are now being prosecuted by PMB. This is CHANGE.

and only under this kind of regime that can happen.All erstwhile never had the guts,or were either loots in themselves.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by kennyman2000(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2016
Thank God for Buhari. If not, this people great grandchildren will even milk Nigeria dry.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by martyns303(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2016
Just imagine u are the son!!!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation by allansie(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2016
Buhari sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: APGA Screens Ifeanyi Ubah Out Of Senatorial Race For Anambra South / Senator Alex Kadiri: Why Igbo Can’t Get The Presidency In 2023 / Aminu Adamu Mohammed Shalele Tweets Apology To Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.