Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,023 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. (1716 Views)

Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Tallesty1(m): 9:09am On Feb 19, 2016
What necessitated this post was this thread on front page about Eze Ndi Igbo title in Ibadan. See the thread =>https://www.nairaland.com/2943226/olubadan-in-council-declares-eze-ndigbo-illegal

I felt compelled to write it after seeing the below comments and others that I couldn't bring here.

braine:
Imagine. Can a Yoruba or Hausa hold a traditional office in Igboland?
Yes they can
Musiwa419 post=43054413:
There cannot be two Kings in a particular Kingdom.
You don't understand it and how it works
Hollaniyii:
Eze, Oba,Igwe, Emir etc This titles are for traditional rulers in their domain; does that mean the Igbo cannot be under a non Igbo traditional ruler?
The Eze ndi igbo is under the traditional ruler of the community where he lives.

Igbos and other tribes normally elect a leader whenever they unite as a group in any community, it is this leader that represents them before the traditional ruler of the community.

In my LG, the Yorubas and Hausas has a little community and one king. I could remember the time there was a clash between them and their host that led to the death of person.

It was their leader that our own igwe invited to his palace, they had a discussion and the leader later passed his message to his subjects and that was how the crisis ended.

These leaders are important and they're under the host's traditional ruler, and I believe the traditional rulers need them.

In part of Benue state and Kogi state where I had stayed before, the traditional rulers normally invite the Eze Igbo whenever an important person is coming or when there is a dispute between an igbo man and an indigene, the two will reach an agreement, thereafter the Eze Igbo will call an emergency meeting and pass the message to us. So they work hand in hand.

Those asking if a Yoruba or Hausa man can be a leader in an Igbo land obviously haven't been to a S. East state.

Having Eze Igbo in a community makes it easy for the traditional ruler to reach to all the igbos in his community but I am strong against those that erect palaces and fight for recognition from their hosts. That's not your home.
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by dunkem21(m): 9:11am On Feb 19, 2016
grin Bro, no need to enlighten people that would soon flood to call you IPOB ..

Your last paragraph is da bomb though I quite disagree that they shouldn't erect palaces .. Why

An Eze's home is a palace even if its a hut .. or BQ kiss
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by bewla(m): 9:15am On Feb 19, 2016
o
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Caseless: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2016
Emotional people aka children of victimization and marginalization, save us this trash- we ain't taking it.
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by frleopardo: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2016
You are so on point. Tell them, before igbophobia makes them commit suicide. The average yoruba man's sleeping and waking thought has always been Igbo! Igbo!! Igbo!!!
Na wa o
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by ChappyChase: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2016
dunkem21:

Your last paragraph is da bomb though I quite disagree that they shouldn't erect palaces .. Why

I concur!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Tallesty1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
dunkem21:

I get it now@Emboldened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Tallesty1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Caseless:
Emotional people aka children of victimization and marginalization, save us this trash- we ain't taking it.
Nobody is forcing it down your throat.

What I posted here is just the fact, what you decide to do with it is 100% your business not mine, just have it in mind that your people who are not scared to travel out of their states have leaders in other places.
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Caseless: 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nobody is forcing it down your throat.

What I posted here is just the fact, what you decide to do with it is 100% your business not mine, just have it in mind that your people who are not scared to travel out of their states have leaders in other places.
I refuse to take it.
Re: Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 20, 2016
And the hausas have "sarkin hausawa" wherever they are outside their own territory but the igbos will be castigated for doing same.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos (eko) Is Owned By The Aworis. / {$DP} Ramadan 2015 Profile Pics For FB Whatsapp / Court Stops Igbo’s New Yam Festival In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.