Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) (26835 Views)

Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Crowd Hailing Fayose At The Commissioning Of Ikere-Ekiti Township Road / El-rufai Dressed In Uniform At The Commissioning Of Kaduna Traffic Agenc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by mrmetoo1: 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
I thought you guys love Lagos and Lagos is no man's land, why such bile? Anyway I'm sure he has his reasons for setting up here. As far as other tribes not setting up in the east, let's be honest, is that a result of them not wanting to invest in the east or is it a matter of easterners not being welcoming to outsiders?? People like Dangote and Otedola are businessmen and would invest anywhere as long as they make their money back but if the environment isn't conducive for them or their workers then they won't bother investing.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by xxgig(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
We need more of such agro based industries in states and region where the raw materials are grown.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by maishai: 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
fellow Nairalanders in the agric section,see what a real tomato processing plant cost #4billion, imagine it becomes profitable and companies like nestle, cadbury and flourmills build theirs men erisco foods is doomed o.
Modern Agricultural processing cost real bucks to startup.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by brownlolly(m): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Erisco Bonpet!!! I used to like that advert.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Shinor(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
Chief Eric Odinaka Umeofia
Chief Eric Ordinaka Umeofia is the President / C.E.O of the company. Aged about 49 years .After his primary school in Saint Andrew Primary school Amichi, he came to Lagos in 1970

If he is 49 years he couldn't have finished primary school in 1970. To be 49 he would have to have been born in 1967.

Nevertheless we celebrate his contribution to helping the fight against unemployment. This is a most noble gesture especially under the current harsh economic climate. Well Done Sir.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Olive33: 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
IyaIode:

Fine girl like you dey talk rubbish
nairaland tribal war has influenced me ... grin
Have to stand with my 'own'

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lilimax:
Glad to know Erisco is an Indigenous company smiley
Hoping the company will be left in the hands of good managers and not those with the history of mismanaging and killing
companies in Nigeria embarassed

Erisco is owned by Chief Umeofia from Amichi in Nnewi South LGA of Anambra state. He also owns the popular Erisco bonnet automatic fire extinguisher.

Tonychristopher, see wetin ur brother go locate for Lagos.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
MrEverest:
I dont know why you people like fantasy instead of fact. Innoson vehicles are a very common sight in the East, they are fast taking over a huge % of the market share in East, from state governments, to churches, schools, companies & individuals are now buying Innoson more than ever before. Tommy Tommy noodles is today one of the most popular noodles in the market nationwide but the plant is at Nnewi. The Tomato products would still be popular if he had built it in his home state of Anambra. I wonder how Obiano or Anambrarians will regard such a man that was wicked enough to ignore their pleas for investors only for him to go & enrich an already industrialized state!
you forgot tonimas, az etc
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
mikeapollo:

Do you know about other factors that influence location of industries, like proximity to market, availability of skilled labour, environmental factors, peaceful atmosphere etc? The agitations going on the south east is not good for attracting investors
which agitation? Guy go sit down
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by truthisbittar12: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
igbos are very greedy they would invest everywhere
they in naija and not allow anybody outside their to
do same in their land.
cool cool cool
AND YET THEY ARE MARGINALISED!!!
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Olive33:
nairaland tribal war has influenced me ... grin
Have to stand with my 'own'
Nothing do you jare, na wetin nairaland turn us to.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Rolings: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:
More of this needed, there's no reason why Nigeria should be one of the largest producers of tomato, yet we import most of our tomato paste. It's really sad.

I agree with you Igbos on this one, he could have easily sited this in the east to create jobs/revenue, access to raw materials couldn't have been an excuse on this one. But even at that, you have no right to insult him, it's his money and it's his call. I'm sure he has his reasons. Learn to live and let others live.

The reason why only some igbo businessmen site their industries in the east is simple . Instability. After the war many foreign investors weren't sure there will not be resurgence of war so they prefer Lagos and environs that were relatively stable save for armed robbery and ritual killings . Take the north as another example , as rich and successful as dangote is the bulk of his investments is not in the north because of instability. Now with this renewed agitation for biafra any right thinking businessman will not think east now.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
MrEverest:
Such a stup!d man! If Innocent Chukwuma had his mentality, wont have built Innoson at Nnewi, Or Barth Nnaji wont have built geometric at Aba, or Chikason wont have built kotec battries & tommy tommy noddles at Nnewi. I have not heard or seen any factory built by either Yorubas or Hausas in the East! Tommorow They will threaten him with genocide. Imagine the employment opportunities, revenue etc he is creating there while East is looking for such investors!!

chicason does not own kotec.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Masterclass32: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
MrEverest:
I dont know why you people like fantasy instead of fact. Innoson vehicles are a very common sight in the East, they are fast taking over a huge % of the market share in East, from state governments, to churches, schools, companies & individuals are now buying Innoson more than ever before. Tommy Tommy noodles is today one of the most popular noodles in the market nationwide but the plant is at Nnewi. The Tomato products would still be popular if he had built it in his home state of Anambra. I wonder how Obiano or Anambrarians will regard such a man that was wicked enough to ignore their pleas for investors only for him to go & enrich an already industrialized state!

True talk.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by aresa: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ramnon2:
Another foolish Igboman goes to develop and enrich SOUTH West. Don't even tell me about nearness to raw materials (Economics 101), as there are no tomato farms in Lagos. There are no motor raw material parts in Anambra/ Enugu, yet Innoson is producing from there. So there is no excuse for Umeofia.

These types of Umeofia Igbos - and there are millions of them- are doomed until they start asking why other rich private Nigerians are not investing in Igboland as they (these Igbos) do in other parts of Nigeria.

I thought Lagos is no man's land, Lagos doesn't belong to other people and Lagos belongs to you..? Shouldn't you be happy for Lagos and ibo people?

Or you people just use the phrase no man's land when it's convinient for you?

Confused people...
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by ril19(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lagos don develop nah.dis man should really seen the bigger picture. I have no doubt dat this guy is hated at his home because evidently he has not built any industry at home to employ his own people.

Whatever happened to the expression charity begins at home.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by TijaniAbu: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Tomato paste = good business. Aisha Buhari = fine woman. Bolanle Ambode = good woman. Toyin Saraki = fine and good woman.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by petecoolboy: 10:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
That is a good start.
More should follow.
I can see that our Senior Ladies are contributing immensely to the development of our country, just as Mrs Saraki earlier tasked lawmakers' wives for inclusive participation in government via supportive roles, obviously she shows she's not just talk; but action. Way to go!!
God Bless our first Lady, Aisha Buhari
God Bless Our First Lady of the 8th Assembly, Toyin Saraki
God Bless Lagos First Lady, Mrs Ambode
And
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by tonychristopher: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Erisco is owned by Chief Umeofia from Amichi in Nnewi South LGA of Anambra state. He also owns the popular Erisco bonnet automatic fire extinguisher.

Tonychristopher, see wetin ur brother go locate for Lagos.

E pain me sha.....but what can you do?

It is his money
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by tonychristopher: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2016
ril19:
Lagos don develop nah.dis man should really seen the bigger picture. I have no doubt dat this guy is hated at his home because evidently he has not built any industry at home to employ his own people.

Whatever happened to the expression charity begins at home.

He is from my place and nobody sees him at at all...we gave richer people like chisco and others

We see him as he sees hinsef
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by tonychristopher: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2016
truthisbittar12:

igbos are very greedy they would invest everywhere
they in naija and not allow anybody outside their to
do same in their land.
cool cool cool
AND YET THEY ARE MARGINALISED!!!

They are protected ting their economy and they take chunk of others
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by asorocker: 8:57am On Feb 20, 2016
bamdexfarms:

and who will buy the products in the south east? because most Igbo don't even live there!!!!.... if you want him to invest there, then all igbos should relocate home so that there will be market for his products.

Who buys innoson, Union battery, aba shoes, Nnewi spares parts in the east if the market is not there, the way some of you people reason sometimes is really disgusting.
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by tonychristopher: 11:12am On Feb 20, 2016
bamdexfarms:

and who will buy the products in the south east? because most Igbo don't even live there!!!!.... if you want him to invest there, then all igbos should relocate home so that there will be market for his products.

So igbo land is deserted
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by Ebukaobi: 11:29am On Feb 20, 2016
So the spirit of the so called defeated biafra is just a bargaining tool for Igbos?

Whenever Igbos are faced with any challenge, instead of facing it and look for solutions , they should invoke the spirit of biafra like cowards

IPOB philosophy 101

tonychristopher:

I am not in any way campaigning for a sovereign state of Biafra. I can’t because in the event of the balkanisation of Nigeria, the Igbo will be the worst losers. Across the country, Igbo are the ones that have invested massively outside their geopolitical zones. Be it in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan and any major city in the country, the investments of Igbo, in property, industries and companies, run into trillions of naira. If Nigeria divides, all these will be lost. It will be lost not because it’s the convention that investments of nationals of other countries in nations other than theirs ought to be forfeited, but because Nigeria is a place where international convention and law of natural justice do not appear to mean much. What happened in Port Harcourt, for instance, after the civil war, when buildings of Igbo were declared, as “abandoned property” is an eye opener. Therefore, it’s not in the interest of the Igbo for Nigeria to divide.

However, I must add that the spirit if Biafra will continue to be invoked by Igbo because of the way they are treated in the country. When an Oba threatens Igbo with death if they vote for a candidate of their choice, which is different from the one the traditional ruler endorses, Igbo invoke Biafra. When Igbo are killed and their business premises looted in a protest caused by an article against Prophet Moham- med, which they have no hand in, the spirit of Biafra will be invoked. When Igbo cannot get Certificates of Occupancy (C of Os) for their property in some states because of the accident of their birth, the spirit of Biafra will be invoked. When close to 50 appointments are made by a president and no single Igbo man/ women from South East is among them, the spirit of Biafra will be invoked. When roads in South East are neglected and left in the most terrible condition, the spirit of Biafra will be invoked. When Igbo are told they committed political suicide by voting for their choice in a presidential election, the spirit of Biafra is invoke.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by tonychristopher: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2016
Ebukaobi:
So the spirit of the so called defeated biafra is just a bargaining tool for Igbos?

Whenever Igbos are faced with any challenge, instead of facing it and look for solutions , they should invoke the spirit of biafra like cowards

IPOB philosophy 101

Anyi emekota go ihe before

Ana m onye ibu?

Onye ka ibu

Chala m na uzor...di anyi

Oya go translate in Google
Re: Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) by MrPolitics: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
WHY DOES THE POlICE MAN BEHIND AISHA BUHARI IN THE FIRST PIC RESEMBLE FAYOSE SO MUCH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Governors To Oshiomhole: Resign As Chairman Or Convene NEC Immediately / Musa Wada Visits Acheju Abu's Family, Signs Condolence Register / The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.