Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed (540 Views)

Davido Explains Why He Has No Song With Wizkid And Why DMW Has No Female Artist / I Lost A Friend And Brother” – Don Jazzy Opens Up On Split From D’banj & Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed by yusaze: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Davido believes his Sony Music Deal will go very well unlike the GOOD Music deal Don Jazzy and D’Banj signed with Kanye West.
Davido first of all said he doesn’t want to be Don Jazzy, who was in the same room with 10 other producers including Kanye West. “I don’t want that to be me,” he told The Fader. “I wanna be that one African nigga, where it’s like, ‘Call that African nigga. Let’s get him on the hook.’”

He also firmly believes his American background gives him an edge unlike Don Jazzy and D’Banj. “I can be in the club with Meek Mill and Future and be on a level with them,” he says. “I understand what they’re talking about. I know what the trap is. These are things that some of these other guys, they don’t have it. They can’t have these conversations with the rappers, so how can they have them with the (American) fans?”
When asked if whether he thinks the world is ready for a Nigerian superstar, he said “Of course they’re ready,”. “They just might not know what that’s going to look like.”

David also said he knows the kind of song that will be accepted in the US. “I know what kind of songs work. The music should have everything in it—Jamaican, African, American, everything. Something like Wizkid’s ‘Ojuelegba,’ it has a cool feel to it.” he said.

http://www.9janewsarena.com/2016/02/davido-explains-why-he-can-be-successful-where-don-jazzy-dbanj-failed.html

cc: lalasticlala, ijebabe, missyb3

Re: Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed by yusaze: 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
okay
Re: Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed by Afrok(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
We have heard... action they say speak louder than words, only time will tell. Please work harder and talk less.
Re: Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed by cruzita(f): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
Then work extra hard and leave twitter and instagram alone
Re: Davido Explains Why He Can Be Successful Where Don Jazzy & D’banj Failed by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
eeehn eehn...... I trust u OBO

(1) (Reply)

After Marriage Crisis, Caroline Danjuma Attend Her Movie Premiere / Big Brother Africa Star, Huddah Monroe Shares Smikin’ Pool Side Photos / Seyi Shay’s Epic Reply To Fan Who Accused Her Of Withholding Her Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.