Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria (17702 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 / Exxonmobil Exits Nigeria’s Downstream Oil Sector / Sa’s Sun International Exits Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by epadomo(m): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Congrats 2 dem, who NeXT?
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by viktor01(m): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Byebye jare
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by zurine(f): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
interesting
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Igbogirlgate(f): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
Their products are too expensive. They closed their shop in Enugu mall too. They will be selling one yeye shoe for 50k

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Tokt: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good riddance. Importing their merchandise here to sell while our local products wallow in penury.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Tokt:
Good riddance. Importing their merchandise here to sell while our local products wallow in penury.

Demdem grin sup!
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by ohenhen1: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
This is good news. This should help us reduce our import bill.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by yommyss01: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
This is very good news. Opportunity for a local business to thrive. Can DSTV and MTN also leave please?
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
Which company is this and where were their branches? What did they market? I've never heard of the company in my life.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by yommyss01: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
francizy:
Next maybe Shoprite, MTN or DSTV and the unemployment keeps growing... angry
You lot will never see this as good news. You are too busy looking for ways to nail this government to be able to see this as a good opportunity for a local business.

You complain of naira been almost valueless, yet do not want the real cost of the lack of value of the naira to be dealt with. Yeye people.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Natascha(f): 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Even over here in south africa, we dont care about Truworths. Its so overpriced and expensive. When theres a SALE, the prices are still sky high.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by francizy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
yommyss01:
You lot will never see this as good news. You are too busy looking for ways to nail this government to be able to see this as a good opportunity for a local business.

You complain of naira been almost valueless, yet do not want the real cost of the lack of value of the naira to be dealt with. Yeye people.

How many things do you even produce that you decided to blab?

Do you even know that importing machines for businesses is a hell for startups presently? Or you think Nigerians can produce simple metal scrolling machines not to talk of more complicated ones?

Oga pack go one side make I see road.. angry

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Too many "because(s)" in that statement....lol
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
They should have established the tailoring factory here if truly they wanted to I vest in the country; not dump substandard garments here
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Parolee: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
ruffcoin99:
Nobody cares, even in south africa, south africans hardly patronize them. They prefer Mr price made for the masses.

Be careful not to talk of what you know nothing about....we live in the information age era. Just google or whatever to see and be amazed at the number of outlest Truworths have in SA and then talk again.

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
unite4real:
make them dey go abeg. Naija enterpreneurs will take the space. Oya MTN wetin una dey wait for?

Oh really.

Where were the Nigerian entrepreneurs before they came in?

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Parolee: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
eleojo23:
Funny enough, I never knew they existed.

in any case....i dont understand this your reasoning.....chances were slim that you were gonna know about them since they operated only two outlets in a country of over 170mil people....worse if you live in the deep rural areas....
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by okuneddie(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
just two stores? no wonder I no sabi them....why won't they close down....most of these SA stores import things we even have here in the country even from Ghana....imagine shop rite importing water melon and the likes wey plenty to the extent that them dey waste even for farms in Benue, gbemu in Taraba state and Jos......

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by ozoemenaca: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
You supporters of APC would see nothing wrong with that. If MTN and DSTV leaves Nigeria do you know the unemployment that would create, after all your Baba is not creating any job either. By the time is done on you guys you would be running to Ghana to look for a job to do
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Parolee: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
yommyss01:
This is very good news. Opportunity for a local business to thrive. Can DSTV and MTN also leave please?

Be careful what you wish for.....oh by the way if mediocrity is your way of life you will yearn for it even when the real deal is there infront you....I agree with let DSTV and MTN pull out let's see............mediocrity will reign supreme! Of course.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by SoNature(m): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
francizy:
Next maybe Shoprite, MTN or DSTV and the unemployment keeps growing... angry

Shop....gini? Please if na your prayer God no go answer am. Shoprite is stepping up the game by redefining retail shopping experience.

Are you not tired of seeing petty, petty Kunle, Emeka, Abuchi, Ose, Adamu, etc mini-stores? These guys are supposed pool their resources together and go into partnership to compete with the mega malls. Yes, they should put air-conditioners in their shops, and beautify the environment because Nigerians can't continue to do biz in kiosks

Last but not the least, I love Shoprite bread a lot so Shoprite has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by BOWOTO(m): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
some people believe if all the investors leave, Nigeria would be better.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by pasol4real(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Alaminz:

i blame otuke the ineffectul Buffoon..
If Indeed you do then you are a buffoon raised to power 10000000000000000000.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by BOWOTO(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Parolee:

Be careful not to talk of what you know nothing about....we live in the information age era. Just google or whatever to see and be amazed at the number of outlest Truworths have in SA and then talk again.

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.

Are you minding him? How can someone compare Truworths to MRP
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by gbrown(m): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Acidosis:
Print | Single Page

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL8N15X4H2
MTN AND DSTV SHOULD GO TOO, USELESS XYNOPHOBIC MENIACS, AFTER ALL WE DID FOR THEM TO ATTAIN INDEPENDENCE,THEY KILL NIGERIANS FOR LEISURE
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Ambi25: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
the will always want to come back
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by francizy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
SoNature:

Shop....gini? Please if na your prayer God no go answer am. Shoprite is stepping up the game by redefining retail shopping experience.

Are you not tired of seeing petty, petty Kunle, Emeka, Abuchi, Ose, Adamu, etc mini-stores? These guys are supposed pool their resources together and go into partnership to compete with the mega malls. Yes, they should put air-conditioners in their shops, and beautify the environment because Nigerians can't continue to do biz in kiosks

Last but not the least, I love Shoprite bread a lot so Shoprite has come to stay.

The last time I ate that bread, I vex like mad. Bit salty and not fresh at all. Don't know if this shyt is peculiar to their festac branch.
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
unite4real:
make them dey go abeg. Naija enterpreneurs will take the space. Oya MTN wetin una dey wait for?

Like who happened in Uganda when amin chased them out shey
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by LeSudAfricaine: 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
maz1:
Mk dem go S africa don chop our money reach. We need our own stores selling made in Nigeria goods. Nof said!!!
So according to your reasoning or the lack thereof, Coca-Cola an American company, BMW a German company, LG a Korean company etc should leave your country because the"chop your money" or is it specifically directed to South African companies?
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by DonBobes(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sunnybobo3:
Buhari see your life o

Which Buhari ?
Do we need to depend on importation in ds country? Y can't we accept our indigenous products & patronize them to mak them better & mak our country grow in return. Let dem go we dnt need dem. Imagine Nigeria importing tooth pick!! This is pure ugly jabberwocky.

#BuyNaijaToGrowNaija
Re: South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
DonBobes:

Which Buhari ?
Do we need to depend on importation in ds country? Y can't we accept our indigenous products & patronize them to mak them better & mak our country grow in return. Let dem go we dnt need dem. Imagine Nigeria importing tooth pick!! This is pure ugly jabberwocky.

#BuyNaijaToGrowNaija

I bet you are typing with an imported phone, using imported charger wearing an imported boxers and chilling under an imported AC or fan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items / Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur / Tony Elumelu Foundation, TEF List Of Selected Entrepreneur 2019 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.