Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur (17703 Views)

16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business / Wrong Attitudes That Undermine Your Chances Of Success In Business / How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by careercrew1: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
To effectively and successfully develop yourself as an entrepreneur you have to be prepared to improve on some of your attitudes and habits which in turn can boost your chances of having a successful business.
In this article, we shall discuss various attitudes and habits that can make your business grow and make you a successful entrepreneur.

Plan how you spend your money/profit:

Making money is the easy part but planning how to spend ones money, income or profit has proven to be the difficult part as many young entrepreneurs do not or are unable to plan how they spend the money got from their business effectively, hence, at the end of the month, they find it difficult to recall how the money was spent. It is advisable to map out ways on how to spend your money/profit received from your business so that you don’t spend all right away.

Wake up and start your Business early:

Most successful entrepreneurs are always the first to open for business and with growing daily competition, it is advisable to open your business early and on time as customers will know that you are serious minded and ready for business, therefore will be willing to patronize you regularly.
So stop dozing and stretching on your bed but get up on time for business and earn some extra cash.

Save your Income regularly:

No matter how little you earn or make in your business, it is always advisable to save extra cash to ensure the smooth running and survival of the business. Don’t think of saving when you have made big money but start saving the little you have today. It is advisable to open a separate account for your business which is different from your personal savings account. This helps you to plan and distinguish what money is for your personal use and what is meant for the business.

Don’t spend more than you have earned:

A lot of businesses that crumble are guilty of spending more than they earned. For example, if you earned let’s say N100,000 from your business, don’t spend all at once to the extent of buying goods on credit because when the time comes to pay back and you don’t have the money or resources to pay, then that is the beginning of the end of that business. So if you are going to buy more consumer goods for your business, make sure you have a financial budget that will enable you plan how you spend your income effectively. Don’t spend more than your earn or generate, reduce borrowing so that your business won’t be affected negatively.

Have a positive attitude and stop complaining:

When running a business, you have to be positive-minded, focused and stop the complaints to enable you grow and become a successful entrepreneur. Remember that for every problem, there is a solution, so instead of blaming the government for bad business policies all the time, endeavor to find the appropriate solution to keep your business alive, running and successful.

Ensure you dress properly:

As an entrepreneur, when you start running your business, be informed that your dressing matters a lot. Don’t get me wrong, am not saying that you should wear a very expensive suit, dress or shirt every day before you carry on with your business but rather try to ensure that your dressing is presentable and nice to the eyes. People tend to avoid businesses where the owner dresses in a not so pleasant manner but are willing to patronize someone else who dresses and appears well.

Remember, dressing good is good for business because you will be addressed by the way you dress. So, if you haven’t be dressing properly as an entrepreneur, better you start doing so today

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/07/attitudes-that-can-improve-your-future.html?m=1

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by bodee(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
A good one... very practical, clear and exact.

5 Likes

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Icocop101(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
I like the dress sense aspect, nice one @Op...
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Looking good is always good business. I agree.
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by careercrew1: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
bodee:
A good one... very practical, clear and exact.
Thank you.
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by careercrew1: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
You can also visit my career blog regularly for more tips on career growth, development and entrepreneurship.

Visit www.careercrew..com

You can also check my NL profile for my twitter handle and follow me if you wish. I follow back too.
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by careercrew1: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Icocop101:
I like the dress sense aspect, nice one @Op...
Thanks
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by lalasticlala(m): 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Where are those people that always complain of inspirational threads not being on FP? You won't see them here. grin But post those topics they complain about, they would be the first to storm them. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by bettercreature(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
It's not advisable to save this days grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,Naira is depreciating at a speed of light.Only if you are not in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by rawpadgin(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
grin
lalasticlala:
Where are those people that always complain of inspirational threads not being on FP? You won't see them here. grin But post those topics they complain about, they would be the first to storm them. Hahahaha grin
grin
lala u come out today

this one Wen u dey scout for people to comment, buhari government don dey affect u & ur oga pocket; Dgringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Franchise21(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Peacetemi: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
lalasticlala:
Where are those people that always complain of inspirational threads not being on FP? You won't see them here. grin But post those topics they complain about, they would be the first to storm them. grin
. cheesyBut snake threads are still your fav. You and Snake threads grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
this is a Real insult to Covenant University
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Talk is cheap. Anyway, quite educative

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by nairaschool01(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
I LOVE facebook hate nairaland LOL I dey joke lalastical abeg no block me abeg

1 Like

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
T
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Chigorkizz(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
i concur.
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Aminat508(f): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
lalasticlala:
Lol cheesy
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Jofez: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
I concur
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by BE811APP: 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
I have been doing all dis na angry
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by nairaschool01(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
abeg any body gt 60k mak he no dey use abeg I need am urgently abeg
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
PLS OOOOO WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN DO BLOOD MONEY.... 9JA ECONOMY HAS TIED WRAPPER
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by osile2012: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
[size=18pt]Enterprenur does not always mean a shop owner. Opening office or shop early might not be applicable always. When someone has an online store, his shop is open 24/7. grin grin grin

Dress well also, an online biz owner might wear boxers and singlet and attend to customers all around the world grin grin grin

Rather than save alot in Nigeria today, invest . Your savings is melting by the day. Inflation is 16.5% so keep that money spinning. Invest more than u save ..
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by bozcojohn5: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
Good write up @ OP. Entrepreneurship is the only way out in this present quagmire we find ourselves in this country; regardless of your employment status.

Thanks for the reminder.
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by bozcojohn5: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
BE811APP:
I have been doing all dis na angry

You sound like yours have/has not been yielding much?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Youngzedd(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Give that man a cookie. smiley
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Raypawer(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
cool
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by 400billionman: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Minister of agriculture wants to tax Nigerian farmers...
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by benedictac(f): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thanks OP, I've gained something here and will start practicing it from today

1 Like

Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Ay04z(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
good...wetin consign my friend who is pig farmer with dressing. a millionaire for DAT matter..
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by geraldgiz(m): 12:36am On Jul 22, 2016
I love this
Re: Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur by Kazrem(m): 1:52am On Jul 22, 2016
Wonderment, only one page for such educative post. Irony. People complain of not growing and are not willing to read.
osile2012 the op is talking more about traditional entrepreneurship. You have point in the last paragraph.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation, TEF List Of Selected Entrepreneur 2019 Is Out! / Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.