Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,418 members, 7,853,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

End Time, Are We Really? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Time, Are We Really? (465 Views)

All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. / . / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

End Time, Are We Really? by donnffd(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
You hear a strange thing happen on TV, and the next thing you hear is "END TIME", we throw the words like its something factual but is that truly the case?

I love my country but i fear we are deluded, deluded by this thing called Religion and its constant doctrines of the End of Times. Every religion tends to have some sort of myth about how the world would end, the funny thing is that the most popular religions now tend to think it would happen sooner than we think, some believe before 2100, others say in the next 20 years, some even think we are in the last days. I can only laugh at all these assumptions but the main aim of writing this post is the effect this kind of thinking has on my fellow Nigerian.

Instead of the scientific enquiry, we say its God's work.
Instead of planning for the future of our children and Grand-children, we delude ourselves that rapture would come suddenly
Instead of building our hospitals, we take our sick to church for prayers
Instead of giving to the needy, we pay tithe to pastors with private jets
Instead of loving everyone even if they are different(be it racially or sexual orientation), we condemn,judge and threathen them
Instead of Innovation, we seek intervention from God

We keep on deluding ourselves with false hopes and imminent fear of the end of the world, forgetting to live and making life better for those around us and future generations yet to be born. Its a pity people dont see what religion has done to them, and how it has made them far less moral than the people they accuse of immorality.

NB: The Earth has been around for 4.5billion years, it would be around for another 2-3 billion years, although it has only about 1.5billion years for it to remain habitable before the Sun makes it too hot for life, by then, i hope if our species survive or rather our prodigies do, we would have long left the solar system(Thats what science helps you do, not Religion). So i say to you religious folks, Heal the world, Live and Let Live, and try your possible best to leave a good contribution to the human race for centuries because your End-time is a Fairy tale.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: End Time, Are We Really? by CoolUsername: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
The bible, if taken literally, tells us the world is less than 10,000 years old. 2,000 years ago, it also told us that the world would end soon but here we are today.

In my opinion, I don't see world ending soon but we are in a race against time to avoid major disasters. Overpopulation, shortage of natural resources, near-earth space objects, climate change, and nuclear winter come to mind.

The only thing we have going for us is technology, but would we be fast enough?

I don't believe that any of these problems can wipe mankind out completely, even if we fail to avoid them but they will definitely end the world as we know it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: End Time, Are We Really? by hahn(m): 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Don't mind the op. The end is near.

Contact me for details on where to transfer the funds in your account to. There will be no need to spend money in heaven. Or hell grin

(1) (Reply)

Religious eBook Readers Thread / Should I Say God Also Dissapoint His People? / Power In The Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.