Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead (29580 Views)

Dasuki Said I Should Give Jonathan’s Cousin $40m – Witness / Oki Samuel, Jonathan's Relation That Was Killed By Kidnappers - See Photos / Gunmen Kidnap Jonathan’s Cousin, Otazi (Mrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by GeneralBiati(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2016

Fishermen in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, on Friday recovered the body of a cousin to former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was abducted alongside the former leader’s uncle, Chief Inegite Jonathan, witnesses said.

Relatives said the body of Samuel Oki, 35, was found floating on Otuoke river, two days after the abduction.
The police spokesperson for Bayelsa State, Asini Butswat, told PREMIUM TIMES he was aware of the report, but could not immediately confirm its details. He said he was working to receive briefings from the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area.

Armed gunmen had on Wednesday abducted 72-year-old Chief Inegite Jonathan, President Jonathan’s uncle and foster father, but the kidnap of Mr. Oki was not immediately noticed until several hours later.
Fishermen in Otuoke community on Friday discovered his decomposing body, raising fears about the safety of the former president’s 72-year-old uncle, whose whereabout was still unknown by Friday afternoon.
A family member of the deceased, Igbogamini Paul, said both men were kidnapped on Wednesday.
Mr. Paul said they believe that a gunshot they heard during the abduction was targeted at Mr. Oki.

He expressed sadness over the incident.
Villagers said local fishermen recovered the body and anchored it by the riverside to prevent the body from being carried away by water currents.

The body had been deposited at a morgue in the area.
Meanwhile sympathisers have been visiting the Otuoke residence of the abducted chief located within the neighbourhood of the former president’s country home.
The kidnappers have yet to establish any contact with the family of their hostage since Wednesday.
The police spokesperson, Mr. Butswat, a deputy superintendent, said the police were still trailing the kidnappers.

“On 17th February, 2016, at about 03.30hrs, seven unknown gunmen abducted one Inengite Nitabai at his residence in Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area.

“A massive manhunt have been launched by a combined team of Marine Police and Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Command, to rescue the victim and arrest the abductors.

“Investigation is ongoing,” Mr. Butswat said in an earlier statement.

Nancy Dickson, a 26-year-old sister of Bayelsa’s Gov. Seriake Dickson, abducted in December 2015, has remained in captivity for over 50 days now despite an ultimatum given by the governor to the kidnappers to free her.

The governor had in his first tenure in office signed the anti – kidnapping law which prescribes death sentence for kidnapping but no one has been convicted under the law.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198685-ex-president-jonathans-relative-abducted-uncle-found-dead.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Elosky20: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Rip
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by emzila(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
as much as I blame GEJ for not doing much for Nigeria and his people, I really hate this development. RIP

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by eposho: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
So
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by chriskosherbal(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oooooo lord please accept the soul of this young man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by adonis89(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
RIP Oki. He was my course mate

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by psucc(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
A man kill a man to get money. When the money comes, who will he sit together to drink beer?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by HtwoOw: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
When I saw the photo, I thought it was obituary of the dead

Then I saw its Jonathan

Then I puked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by RichYoungNigger(m): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
[size=15pt]Buhari.
Why ??[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Dottore: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Na wao
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by herboshedhe(f): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
It is well IJN

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Mariecakes(f): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by galarbagalapazy(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
death no wan no who u b or who b ur god father...............madan add mi 1 xtra star

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by pulsa(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
F this country I'm bailing while I can, probably going to Syria or Libya.

but on a lighter note the security in this country is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by kuuljay(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by divide9ja: 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
[size=14pt] I suspect that GMB sent assassins to deal with GEJ, since GEJ refused to tell dullard how to run the country.

The whole country is suffering under this dullard.

when dullard was getting elected Naira was 216 to the Dollar. undecided

Now Naira is more than 400 to the dollar. shocked

By the time this uneducated man has finished with Nigeria,
Naira will be 1000 to the dollar
[/size]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Drsheddy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ddjdjdjdf
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by sandraokosun: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
gej shld pray against the spirit of death that has become his family reoccuring decimal.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by nairaman66(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
The after effect of a bad government always goes a long way to hurt us back somehow!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by RichYoungNigger(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Begun or Be gone

Begun
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by SanMosco: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sad matter
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by pulsa(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Drsheddy:
Ddjdjdjdf
space Booker
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by pulsa(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
sandraokosun:
.j
space booker
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by kilokeys(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Imagine.. Na crime to be beta pesin relative
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by pulsa(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
I wan sell space oh, I get plenty hectares
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by adedam007(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
T
Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Nawa4nl: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
[size=13pt]the whole country is going to waste under b00hari.

Before B00hari got elected look at the Naira to the dollar.
[/size]

[size=13pt]Look at the Naira today[/size]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt3bd2k40g95r.19daa360.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]B00hari is killing the country as he goes travelling around the world
While at the same time appointing Northerners to every post
[/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Cousin, Samuel Oki Dead by Orikinla(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
May Almighty God JEHOVAH comfort the bereaved family. Nigeria has been turned into a Banana Republic. Only total repentance can save us from the widespread violence destroying lives in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Seyi Tinubu On His Wedding Day / ‘I Have Suffered’- President Buhari / Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.