Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,568 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG (27732 Views)

Breaking News! Nnamdi Kanu’s Masked Witnesses Are Suspects Awaiting Trial / Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / Biafra: Dutch, Seven Others To Testify Against Kanu: Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by ChappyChase: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
GEJ2019:
Click like if u blv the fed Government is determined to keep KANU in prison by which means possible.

And share if u tink they av become cluelsss on how to handle him
I think I will click on both!!

1 Like

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by abbey621(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
Endison:
Someone should advice Buhari dat u cannot use a 1984 reasoning to make changes in a 2016 situation.

Expending 95% of Ur strength to hound, fight and pursue KANU, dasuki and co will not put food on the tables of the poor man.
Pls give us an economic roadmap. A sound revolution that will turn our dying economy around.
There must be compromises..some guilty ones will be ignored, all in a bid to make things better. Even America covers some of their problems so dat de can look good and strong to the world. If u spend Ur whole four years on corruption litigations and the economy falls, are we gonna eat dia flesh in prison?

Think Buhari think. Prove to dem dat Ur not the Dullard de call u.

Since when does Buhari =EFCC? EFCC is the body in charge of prosecuting these cases leave Buhari out of it! The only thing Buhari is guilty of is not having a sound economic policy in place by now and allowing the CBN governor to continue even though it is clear that both him and the finance minister are way out of their element!
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by deebrain(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
SanMosco:
the God of Kanu no dey sleep....

7 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by DeMekus: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
efilefun:
Ipob youth are capable of doing anything to the man, so covering he's face would save his identity
I never knew some people are afraid of IPOB. Hahahaha!!! grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by demielvis: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
efilefun:
Ipob youth are capable of doing anything to the man, so covering he's face would save his identity
You don' mean it?

But i thought Igbos are chest beaters

18 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by diasporaman(m): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
So Buhari wanted to bring lagbaja as witness. Haba

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Juve4(m): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
i Think this is gud for democracy

1 Like

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by IYANGBALI: 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Why would they consider a masked witness, somethings not right
you want una boys IPOB to kill dem?

1 Like

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by excess4luv: 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Buhari will soon go weary on Nnamdi's case

5 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Omoluabi16(m): 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
Haha..the baboons are lamenting again.I thought they said it was dilector's game plan to be arrested? The chief baboon of IPoD is really enjoying his diet of dried beans.
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
One thing is clear....Nnamdi is an intelligent man.

12 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by blackpanda: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Endison:
Someone should advice Buhari dat u cannot use a 1984 reasoning to make changes in a 2016 situation.

Expending 95% of Ur strength to hound, fight and pursue KANU, dasuki and co will not put food on the tables of the poor man.
Pls give us an economic roadmap. A sound revolution that will turn our dying economy around.
There must be compromises..some guilty ones will be ignored, all in a bid to make things better. Even America covers some of their problems so dat de can look good and strong to the world. If u spend Ur whole four years on corruption litigations and the economy falls, are we gonna eat dia flesh in prison?

Think Buhari think. Prove to dem dat Ur not the Dullard de call u.

I think most nigerians are not used to seeing our institutions work. We are used to the president's hand in every single major case. Buhari is not a prosecutor or a lawyer and neither does he have the time to be pursuing every single case. Common sense shld tell u that there are institutions whose job is to apprehend and prosecute criminals. It must not be Buhari doing everything
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Montaque(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
No iboman will agree to testify against Kanu in open court. it's a great risk to self and family. And this will make the case a hard one.

9 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
Fdsch

12 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by PhockPhockMan: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
menix:
Chisos the carpenter!!!!!!!

Masked watin?
Ris people wan to kill my broda by calling ghost to testify against him.
soon they will bring Alhaja's on hijab to testify against him saying its the muslimi way.

FG release Kanu now!!! OR Dollar hits 1000 naira by 2nd week of March....

Signed:
Menix Mbaka
Nwoke onye Uwa Mmebi..

Hahahahahahahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Our5k(m): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
But this Nnamdi na strong man o

11 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by Asiri1991: 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Let there be peace. The economy is in bad condition.

1 Like

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by chumaster(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
This FG is becoming a child's thing

5 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by PhockPhockMan: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
seunlayi:
"However, the prosecution countered his argument, saying that most of the witnesses were civilians who reside in the location of the accused person, and as such vulnerable to influence.‪”"

tHEY HAVE ALREADY EXPOSED THOSE WITNESS TO DANGER. NAIJA IS TRULY THE GATEWAY TO HELL

What do you mean? So this is how you people want to mask Lai Mohammed to testify against Kanu.

E no go work.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by sleazy5(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
The decision of the Learned trial Judge, Justice Tsoho is apt. A trial court does not just sit impassively in a trial, it participates. But its participation is limited to taking records, admitting exhibits into evidence, listening to witnesses as they give their testimony and most importantly watching the demeanour of a witness in order to form an opinion of that witness-whether to believe or not to believe the witnesses
If the witnesses against kanu are to be masked it prevents the court from making such an opinion. Therefore His Lordship was right when he declined the application. And as a minister in the temple of justice I'll say: As the court pleases.

6 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by charlesucheh(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Common sense is supposed to alert the judge and Kanu's counsel that, With the hostile and grumpy nature of the sole called biafran agitators, it wouldn't take any thing more for any witness against kanu to be barbecued after their identities must have been revealed.... I understand the stand point of the DSS on this one....weighing both side of the Argument, I think the Dss should scale through let's hear what the witnesses have got in stock.
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by sleazy5(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
charlesucheh:
Common sense is supposed to alert the judge and Kanu's counsel that, With the hostile and grumpy nature of the sole called biafran agitators, it wouldn't take any thing more for any witness against kanu to be barbecued after their identities must have been revealed.... I understand the stand point of the DSS on this one....weighing both side of the Argument, I think the Dss should scale through let's hear what the witnesses have got in stock.

The PRINCIPLES OF COMMON SENSE ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE PRINCIPLES OF COMMON LAW. Unfortunately common sense stricto senso does not operate in the courtroom. But Common Law.
If the government is apprehensive that the witnesses would be harmed in any way whatsoever, its the responsibility of the government to provide witness protection for those witnesses and not to apply to the court for the witnesses to testify masked. That practice offends our law. Offends the constitution and alienates the sacred principle of fair hearing.

11 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by dikeigbo2(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
efilefun:

In Igbo language, your name means.....prodigal(wastefulness)
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

10 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by ishiamu(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Bad news for ngeneukwenu and omenka grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by PhockPhockMan: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
blackpanda:

I think most nigerians are not used to seeing our institutions work. We are used to the president's hand in every single major case. Buhari is not a prosecutor or a lawyer and neither does he have the time to be pursuing every single case. Common sense shld tell u that there are institutions whose job is to apprehend and prosecute criminals. It must not be Buhari doing everything
Did you watch Buhari’s last media chat? If you did you'll know he's highly interested in jailing Kanu no matter what.
Don't you know DSS is directly under Buhari's office?

7 Likes

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by 2n2k(m): 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
sleazy5:
The decision of the Learned trial Judge, Justice Tsoho is apt. A trial court does not just sit impassively in a trial, it participates. But its participation is limited to taking records, admitting exhibits into evidence, listening to witnesses as they give their testimony and most importantly watching the demeanour of a witness in order to form an opinion of that witness-whether to believe or not to believe the witnesses
If the witnesses against kanu are to be masked it prevents the court from making such an opinion. Therefore His Lordship was right when he declined the application. And as a minister in the temple of justice I'll say: As the court pleases.

ICC mostly take evidence of witnesses behind protection. The South African court took evidence against that disabled athlete from masked witnesses. How did they watch the demeanour of the witness if it is that important?
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by PhockPhockMan: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
ishiamu:
Bad news for ngeneukwenu and omenka grin cheesy

If you give people heartbreak, I no dey o o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by SoNature(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
Elosky20:
DSS
4 vs 3
KANU FC.

Both teams nead player re-enforcement due to fatigue

Lmao. Sooo funny. Jobless people full for nairalnad ooo. No mind me grin
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by ceejay80s(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
......but they allowed masked persons to do sim registration
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by charlesucheh(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
sleazy5:

The PRINCIPLES OF COMMON SENSE ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE PRINCIPLES OF COMMON LAW. Unfortunately common sense stricto senso does not operate in the courtroom. But Common Law.
If the government is apprehensive that the witnesses would be harmed in any way whatsoever, its the responsibility of the government to provide witness protection for those witnesses and not to apply to the court for the witnesses to testify masked. That practice offends our law. Offends the constitution and alienates the sacred principle of fair hearing.
True talk bruv! But the last time I checked, the common law legal system as said to be practiced in Nigeria, had been crippled by the entire system which includes the apparatus of the criminal justice syStem, talk about the police, prison system (with discriminaton) and the court in question.... So why is it that we now want to make it right in KANU's case Just a question.......
Re: Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG by knightsTempler: 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
viktor01:
FG seems confuse.

They are confuse because they have no case against him. EOD.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Equips Anambra State Fire Service With 2 Brand New Fire Fighting Trucks (Pix) / I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss / Fubara Behind Kidnapping In Abuja To Force Wike’s Removal - Ikwerre Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.