Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss (27711 Views)

Oyetola Took N18bn Loan After Election Loss, Left N407.32bn Debt – Adeleke / Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) / Mike Bamiloye Consoles Yemi Osinbajo Over Election Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by GistONg(m): 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
Funke Akindele, the Deputy Governorship Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, has talked about her involvement in the election.

It has been an amazing and insightful experience on my journey to the ballot and I must say, it was an absolute learning curve for me. A lot of things have been learned and unlearned. I sincerely do not regret taking this huge step of running for office.

I therefore want to thank the people of Lagos state for believing in me and supporting my decision to run for office. I saw every message of support online and offline, I heard of all the places where people supported me and challenged those who tried to discredit me. I remember every warm welcome during our campaign tour and the faith you all showed in me. The elections might not have panned out in the way we hoped, but it was an honourable run for us. We fought a good fight indeed as a matter of fact.

I also want to encourage all who mean well for the Nation and the state of Lagos not to give up. I understand that some of us are beginning to develop some sort of apathy towards the system, however, if we do not speak, we would never be heard. I’m glad that we could at least speak up.

Thank you once again Lagos, for showing your daughter support. As I consider my next moves in life, I will continue prioritizing the good of the people and the integrity of my position as an advocate for the people.

Eko oni baje!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqAt2aLtoO4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Ireportlive: 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
cool

Jennifer of Ayetoro... She tried her best and we are proud of her

Funke Akindele, Toyin Abraham, Mercy Johnson, Regina Daniels, these are women who went all out to campaign even with insults and bashing, they stood their ground

328 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Jostoman: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
FATHAT:
Na Wetin this mumu small girl dey talk sef
as she small reach for your eyes she can employ you to be washing toilet for her.

244 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Jostoman: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Strong woman, you and Jandor lost to peter obi and not to Apc.

Gbadebo ought to have Step down for Jandor immediately after the presidential election.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by bluewrites: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
You did well Funke, there's no harm in trying

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by easyfem(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
I'm so proud of you sis.... nothing wrong about losing... ... thos who criticize you never try anything good in there life .... so dont mind the critics , na just small 100 naira mb them get

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by adioolayi(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
You tried...

Why deleting the political pictures na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Sleekfingers: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Jostoman:
as she small reach for your eyes she can employ you to be washing toilet for her.

cheesy grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by juman(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
You have contributed your part.
Continue you films, we love you so much.

Hope one day you become the governor of lagos state.
Yes its possible.

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by VikingKing: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Fut9ure:
Who is else is celebrating like me already

Oburo Ife nile nwoke furu ka nwoke ga e kwu.

Ufodu, ona adimma e kpachie, keep certain things close to your heart and act like you're not there. Being outspoken has never helped us.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Agbadocassava: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Na ELLU PEE people spoil una market

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Badgers14: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Well, continue with your acting... I actually like your movies..

Politics no even fit you sef..

I was cheering for Elluu P but Sanwo Olu and his group of thugs selected him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by DWJOBScom(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Well done
I am proud of you

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Neddstark: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
We have no problem with you our Jenifa.
Who we have problem with is Shinedu and his shisha-smoking running mate, who think they can use a non-Yoruba tribe to become governor of Lagos.
Eluu Pee from the bottom to the bottom grin

258 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by GeneralPula: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Eko Baje Ti..

245 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Xscape1993(m): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
The future is so bright for you my dear. Your journey into the political space will be fruitful for you and your generations. You have indeed set the pace for other sound women to follow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Jakpon: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Politics no be film trick

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Gangster1ms: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
The June 12 people. What an irony. What a shame.
Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by juman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Thank you for your time and resources and effort put into democracy.
You are by far better than we the online noise makers.

266 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Throwback: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Your social media followers failed you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by HEBEI: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Jandor failed the moment he chose this woman as a running mate.

In Lagos of all places, he chose not to be serious angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by doublewisdom: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Funke was mobbed by urchins the day she went to campaign. Is her mother Igbo too? Was she not qualified as a true Lagosian? Urchins can k1ll their own parents to protect Tinubu's dynasty while wallowing in abject poverty. You identify a Yoruba by the level of his dirtyness. Tueh

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Sonnobax15(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
grin
Jenifa abeg kukuma face your movie acting and leave politics for people wey strong reach am.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by CasNova: 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
There is no need to regret. Life goes on.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Belleful: 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Well-done. U tried. The comedy script was well written.
Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by Omoawoke: 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
angry

Well done funke akindele, we love you and jandor

But this time, we had to send a clear message that some people should mind their business .

Other tribes are in Lagos minding their business, they do their stuffs and vote quietly. But some people will not let us hear word. The noise is just too much.

After Ekiti people voted their choice in presidential, they began to curse and mock them while they voted their own for southeast having over 90% of votes.

Na dem go make noise pass, do gragra, na we dey here, na we! Na dem go drag house of rep, decide who to become governor . Now they lost and they are crying all the way from Onsitha and Abia for election whey happen for Lagos.

No man’s land 120
No mans land 2000
No mans land 24000

Who get Lagos??

253 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Running For Office – Funke Akindele Speaks After Election Loss by luluman: 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
FATHAT:
Na Wetin this mumu small girl dey talk sef
What warrant calling her mumu? Sometimes I wonder how some people were brought up.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest At The Gates Of Otedola Owner Of African Petroleum and tinubu / Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG / 2019: North Splits Over Buhari’s Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.