Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Tale Of A Lagos Killer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tale Of A Lagos Killer (854 Views)

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by RobinRay(m): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Um.....
I'm not much of a writer
This is actually my first attempt at writing
so don't expect me to be on some J.K Rowling grind grin
Comments are needed both positive and degratory
Thanks

Chapter 1
"I warned you, but noooo, you didn't listen, you ran like a lil dog, now look what you made me do, I've gotten blood all over your pretty shirt" said Jeff dementedly as blood gushed from Obinna's belly.
Hol' up......
For you to understand we have to go back.......
Like wayyy back.......
Okay not that back, about a year back.
Perfect.
It was a cool evening in Lagos, the noise from the busy street could be heard from the premises of Awolowo's Academy For The Intellectually Gifted, located somewhere along Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos. It was relatively more quiet in the premises of the Academy, save for the grunting of Tomiwa Jefferson. The 15 year old was in the middle of a serious beat down by four degenerate numskull bullies who managed to get into the academy due to the influence of their families. Peter and Paul, the notorious twins properly nicknamed "Double Terror" were the ones holding Jefferson down while Obinna delivered precise punches on his stomach and ribs
"Please!!.......stop!.....ugh..........I'm bleeping begging you....ugh" Jeff managed to say amid the barrage of blows and his own tears
"Sharap there" said Obinna in high thickly igbotic voice "You think you can disglace us and go scolt flee..mhmm nna' you must be jokin'".
Obinna went to look around for something to knock Jeff out with when Collins, the typical example of a good kid with bad friends, who was posted to keep watch in case anyone came alerted them that someone was coming.
The twins quickly dropped the badly injured Jefferson and ran away.
"We'll meet next term, idiat" said Obinna as he ran towards the hostel blocks, Collins walked towards the injured Jefferson, looked at him in the eye, and walked away.
A few minutes later, Jeff managed to stand up and make his way towards the hostel, by the time he got there it was completely deserted. He made his way to his bed space where he picked his bag, changed his soiled clothes, washed his face and headed for the gate. It was around 7PM and other parents had already picked up their wards, except for Vivian, his mother, "she didn't show up, she never shows up" thought Jefferson as he angrily walked out of the school premises into the cool dark evening. As he left, he looked back at the Academy and whispered to himself, "Never Again".
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by joanee20(f): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Is that the end??
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by Osman1996(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Abeg y u stop na
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by RobinRay(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
sorry I'm having exams, I'll post soon
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by Osman1996(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
RobinRay:
sorry I'm having exams, I'll post soon
Best of luck
Wish u happy result ooo
Welcome back
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by RobinRay(m): 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chapter 2
Jefferson managed to reach his house that night, actually calling it a house was just being modest, the building was a freaking manor, the Tomiwa's were a very powerful, rich and influential family. Jeff's dad, popularly known as the General died a few years ago, leaving a huge amount of wealth for Jeff, the only child, and Vivian his perverse wife.
As Jeff approached the gate, the gateman Abdul recognized his frail silhouette from afar off and ran down to help him with his luggage. Jeff had a strong hatred for Abdul, he found something sketchy about his character but he nevertheless he accepted his offer to help cause he was tired, weak and still sore from the beating.
Once inside the house, he began to notice something was different, he tried to dismiss the feeling but it kept pricking him.
He went to his room, had his bath and took more than the appropriate amount of Panadol and went to bed after the painkillers had done their job.
Around 12:45PM, a strange sound from the living room woke him up. He quickly and quietly made his way to the door of his room and locked it. He heard the noise coming up the stairs. At this point he was sweating profusely and was terrified. Abdul had probably gone to mingle with his Northern friends that make noodles on their street and the helps and cook had gone for the day. Vivian was probably in some club on a drinking spree, so who could it be he wondered.
The sound was getting to close for comfort. There was nothing around he could use to protect himself. Just then his eyes landed on the extension cable plugged to the wall, he quietly unplugged it, removed the outlets, brought out the wires from the rubber casing and wrapped them around the door handle.
He then crawled to the switch and sat by its side waiting for something to happen. He heard the sound about to pass his room, he waited for it to pass silently uttering prayers. Just as it passed his door it stopped. He was perplexed, "was it all in my head" he thought. Just then there was a bang on the door; he felt a trickle of sweat ran through his back. He instinctively switched on the plug and he heard a loud scream. When he noticed the person was hurt and probably still being electrocuted, he quickly tried to turn off the switch, but something inside him didn't allow him; for some reason the person's screams gave him a sense of power; he felt in control and confident.
After some minutes, the screams were getting fainter, he decide to switch it off and see who the unlucky bastard was.
When he opened the door, he could smell sizzled flesh in the air mixed with the air conditioning that was on, it smelt like satisfaction to Jeff for some strange reason.
He brought out his phone to on the flashlight, when he directed the light to the face, he let out a gasp.....
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by Missmossy(f): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Interesting,keep it coming.
Re: The Tale Of A Lagos Killer by joanee20(f): 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
following

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need Guardlines On Hw To Write A Good Story / Indomie Promo To Win 150k / She Bruise My Heart But I Love Her By Tobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.