Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed (15268 Views)

Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly / 17 States To Benefit From Fed Govt’s $29.9b Loan (see The List) / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 10:52am On Feb 20, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
I say this because I will single handedly prove to APC supporters that are blaming the rotten financial situation in the fed on 'the oil crisis'

Why is Anambra that's adding flyovers in 3 cities, new stadiums, refineries, and lending money to states like Oyo Ogun and Lagos not suffering from the 'oil crisis'?
Why is Ebonyi is a construction zone and now the 3 most agriculturally productive state in Nigeria, where's the 'oil crisis'.
Abia is building the largest market/mall in africa. New roads, rebuilding the whole of Aba. Where's the oil crisis?
do I need to tell you about Enugu? Every state in Nigeria announced a 'new city' at one point, only the Enugu Centenary City is moving and selling homes today. Why? Where's the oil crisis?

Why is it that the federal government and the APC states the ones suffering from 'oil crisis'?

You guys and your desperate chest-beating and inferiority complex-led braggadocio that then manifests in the readiness to tell ridiculous lies. Why stop at Oyo, Ogun and Lagos? Don't you know it is Anambra financing the UK, USA and Japan together while Enugu just bailed out Greece and Portugal with billions of dollars. This disgraceful lie and ignorant attempt at deceit is what happens when someone wake daily and thinks of way to proclaim himself better than others instead of concentrating on how he can better himself and his society.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ogun had its first state constructed flyover last three Years, others are federal.

Enugu has more flyover than Ibadan. I also see poverty around the flyover.

Hahahaha! You should be ashamed of yourself bro. Ogun listed five flyovers for commissioning before the 40th anniversary celebration (Itoku Flyover, Salon Flyover, Iyana Mortuary Flyover, Sabo Flyover, Lagos Garage Flyover). That 'poverty' you are claiming to see is what hundreds of thousands of your kinsmen are aiming to migrate to when they move en-masse out of your region to places like Ogun. Enugu metropolis comprises of a mere 2 local govts, the remaining 15 local governments of the state are villages. Ibadan city alone is almost as big as the entire Enugu state. Show me this your much touted Enugu flyovers please. Just one that compares in quality to the ones I've displayed so far, not to talk of the Mokola one commissioned a couple of yours ago. Thanx. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Oneafter: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2016
ODVanguard:

Hahahaha! You should be ashamed of yourself bro. Ogun listed five flyovers for commissioning before the 40th anniversary celebration (Itoku Flyover, Salon Flyover, Iyana Mortuary Flyover, Sabo Flyover, Lagos Garage Flyover). That 'poverty' you are claiming to see is what hundreds of thousands of your kinsmen are aiming to migrate to when they move en-masse out of your region to places like Ogun. Enugu metropolis comprises of a mere 2 local govts, the remaining 15 local governments of the state are villages. Ibadan city alone is almost as big as the entire village. Show me this your much touted Enugu flyovers please. Just one that compares in quality to the ones I've displayed so far, not to talk of the Mokola one commissioned a couple of yours ago. Thanx. cheesy

I just laugh them this days. A typical Ibo man believe having a shinny roof is development, no wonder they refer to anyone smuggling cocaine as hardworking while those that work in the office are lazy. A man that ran away from war is brave, while those that chased him away are coward. Lmaooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2016
ODVanguard:

Hahahaha! You should be ashamed of yourself bro. Ogun listed five flyovers for commissioning before the 40th anniversary celebration (Itoku Flyover, Salon Flyover, Iyana Mortuary Flyover, Sabo Flyover, Lagos Garage Flyover). That 'poverty' you are claiming to see is what hundreds of thousands of your kinsmen are aiming to migrate to when they move en-masse out of your region to places like Ogun. Enugu metropolis comprises of a mere 2 local govts, the remaining 15 local governments of the state are villages. Ibadan city alone is almost as big as the entire Enugu state. Show me this your much touted Enugu flyovers please. Just one that compares in quality to the ones I've displayed so far, not to talk of the Mokola one commissioned a couple of yours ago. Thanx. cheesy
Enugu metropolis is not two local govts, drop your ignorant. At least I can remember Enugu east, north and south LGAs

2 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 11:07am On Feb 20, 2016
Oneafter:

I just laugh them this days. A typical Ibo man believe having a shinny roof is development, no wonder they refer to anyone smuggling cocaine as hardworking while those that work in the office are lazy. A man that ran away from war is brave, while those that chased him away are coward. Lmaooo

Heehhehehe. That is why they build 'mansions' in thick forests somewhere in their villages cheesy, where rodents, snakes and rats occupy such buildings because it is only during Christmas that humans venture to live there. With all their mansions most of them still make their money outside the SE. Until they all start moving back to igboland en masse, stay back and earn a living there, na noise-makers them remain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 11:15am On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Enugu metropolis is not two local govts, drop your ignorant. At least I can remember Enugu east, north and south LGAs

Nna, quote me anywhere. Enugu metropolis, the most developed part of the state, is but a mere combo of two local govt areas of the entire state. The remainder are glorified villages. Even wikipedia quotes the size of the Enugu 'city' as a mere 43.63mi square while the entire state is 2,765mi square. Now compare that to Ibadan city, which is a whooping 1,189mi square. Enugu city/metropolis no big pass Ikeja sef. #Fact.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 11:20am On Feb 20, 2016
@OP

To claim "SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy" is nothing but an ignorant figment of your emptily braggart imagination and constant desire for d1ck comparison due to the inferiority complex eating you alive. You guys should get real and start dealing with facts instead of coming to bore us here with anecdotal tales of bridges in your Village you then take to mean you are richer than others. Your ignorance, coupled with the readiness to lie shamelessly in defence of your uniformed chest-beating, is amusing.

Look, we all know you wake up daily looking for ways to proclaim your region better than the SW but it is time you guys begin accepting reality to understand that you have much to do and that others are moving forward also. You tell us you can make your States and region Dubai-like yet we never see it. All we witness is half-baked lies and ignorant chest-beating about so-called "achievement" which are really nothing special, except to you, in comparison to what others have done and achieved. Like I always say, if the Yorubas were given to bragging or need the validation of others, because they are not secure in themselves, then the world will not rest because we will literally bombard everyone with noise about what real statistics favourably show about the SW.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/172621/1/to-the-people-of-the-southwest-the-third-largest-e.html

The GDP of the entire nation of Nigeria, the largest economy by far in Africa, currently is about N130 trillion naira(about $594 billion US dollars)(Wikipedia, list of African countries by GDP(nominal)). The Southwest, one of the six geopolitical regions of Nigeria, has an estimated GDP of about N67 trillion naira( about $305 billion US dollars), more than half of the GDP of the nation.

By our estimates, the Southwest region was the third largest economy in the continent of Africa n 2014! This must be a shock or a pleasant surprise to many people!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2016
Arjeeni:
If you want to cook any propaganda remember that thorough research is the first thing to do not mere speculations.
The fact that a state is in debt does not rendered such state less performing.
I am in Lagos I know what Ambode doing in fact the rate at which Lagos state moving now no state is able to do that let me mention but few of the projects;
Ambode kicked off light Lagos last year and now no a single area Council left unlighted, the rehabilitation of ikorodu express road which is still going on, construction of Iyana Ipaja express road via Abule Egba still going on and construction of at least one inner road of all local Council in Lagos state still going on, unlike any other state, he equipped law enforcement agencies with modern equipments commissioned recently.
I am saying this emphatically that no state ever had a good networking road like Lagos in Nigeria and the quality of good work was equally superb.
And for the Lagos state got approved for loan in world Bank this year earn her prestigious position among other state because right now no state can.
All these projects was not a left over from Fashola administration, are projects newly commenced.

Who claimed that Lagos borrow money from any state in this country should provide evidence to back it up.

You are minding these empty chest-beater and ignorant braggarts? They are here making noise about one or two flyovers then what should Ogun State folks be doing over the news below? If these guys were not so desperately obsessed with proclaiming themselves better than others then they would not engage in this daily show of ignorance that is offensive to others and leaves them looking foolish when informed folks, who work with facts and statistics, get involved. Soon they will tell us they are the only ones rich enough to buy fish and meat currently. Absolute bunkum and a near retarded show of ignorance and inferiority complex.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ogun-to-complete-16-ongoing-road-projects-15-flyovers-in-2016

Ogun to complete 16 ongoing road projects, 15 flyovers in 2016
December 1, 2015

Written by: Gbemi Solaja - Lagos

Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun has said his administration would complete the 16 ongoing road projects, 15 flyovers and bridges, adding that it would construct or rehabilitate at least two key rural roads in each of the 20 Local Government Area within the state next year.
The governor stated this at the presentation of the 2016 Appropriation Bill tagged “Budget of Optimisation” to the state House of Assembly, in a statement signed by the spokesman, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Ayokunle Ewuoso and made available to the Nigerian Tribune.
The governor also said his administration would commence the design and construction of a viable asphalt plant same year.
This, he said, would make asphalt readily assessable and reduce the cost of road construction works being embarked upon by the government, adding that in pursuit of the rural investment drive of his administration government shall ensure infrastructural development within the rural communities and small towns with a view to uplift the economic, social, commercial and employment generation activities in the rural areas.
Roads listed by the governor to be completed in 2016 include OGTV/Brewery 8.7km, Ojere Adatan 9km, Ejirin/ Oluwalogbon 9km, Sagamu Benin Express/ Oba Erinwole 7km, Ilo-Awela 7.6km, Lanfewa Ayetoro 34km, Ilisan Ago-Iwoye26km, Moshood Abiola Way 6.1km, Ikangba/ Ilese /Imusin/Ife/Itele/Ogbere 45km and Ilara/Ijohun/Ilase 110km.
Others are Ofada/Mowe/Ibafo 29km, Papalanto/Ilaro Fed Poly 22.7km,Atan-Agbara/Lusada-Igbesa/Alapoti 37.65km,Sango/Ijoko/Ojodu-Abiodun 43km, Lafenwa Enugada-Adatan 7km, and Magboro Underpass 12km.
Flyovers and bridges are, flyover bridges at Iyana Mortuary 0.48km, Ijebu-Igbo/Obada Market 0.40km, River Abule Ekun 0.4km, River Yakoyo 0.54km, Ilaro, Lusada Junction 48km, Itoku, Sapon, Oju Ore, ota, Old tollgate, ota, Lanfenwa, Idiroko Ipokia ,Afon- Imeko and Odo- Afa- Imeko.
Amosun assured that no project already embarked upon by his administration would be abandoned, noting that government medium term plans have taken these projects into account and are such all projects would be completed within the tenure of his administration.
The governor pointed out that he will vigorously pursue the implementation of its Light Rail project connecting major towns in the three Senatorial Districts.
In the meantime the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure has completed asphalting of the track field within the Moshood Kolawole Abiola (MKO) stadium Kuto Abeokuta the state capital in preparation for the laying of the world class tartan track by the state government.
During his interaction with journalists on the development in his office, the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Olamilekan Adegbite, said the present administration in the state is determined to make the stadium a world class one hence its decision to relay a standard tartan track.
“Our ministry is providing services for a sister ministry, Youth and Sports. What we have done there is that government is desirous of laying new tartan tracks. What was there before was bad; we have removed that and going to replace it with a new one and one of the requirement to put a new one is to lay new asphalt at the base for a new track, so after two weeks when the asphalt would have cool, they will move to site and begin to lay the tracks.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by iSlayer: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
I say this because I will single handedly prove to APC supporters that are blaming the rotten financial situation in the fed on 'the oil crisis'

Why is Anambra that's adding flyovers in 3 cities, new stadiums, refineries, and lending money to states like Oyo Ogun and Lagos not suffering from the 'oil crisis'?
Why is Ebonyi is a construction zone and now the 3 most agriculturally productive state in Nigeria, where's the 'oil crisis'.
Abia is building the largest market/mall in africa. New roads, rebuilding the whole of Aba. Where's the oil crisis?
do I need to tell you about Enugu? Every state in Nigeria announced a 'new city' at one point, only the Enugu Centenary City is moving and selling homes today. Why? Where's the oil crisis?

Why is it that the federal government and the APC states the ones suffering from 'oil crisis'?

A real reality "pill" for "away oyel" foolssssss. Igbo(SE) never needed oil. Igbo will never need oil. Igbos are a hardworking people
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by iSlayer: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2016
aresa:
How many times do you people beat your chests raw per day over meaningless rubbish..?

Yes it is meaningless rubbish. I'll like it to continue like this anyway.
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. For una mind! And Obiano is now borrowing 10-billion naira loan recently approved by the state assembly to complete projects Who is fooling who?
Because you guys are yet to pay up
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by nigerianvenom(m): 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
Op,i beg to disagree.
Apart from edo state,the entire SS is now a construction haven for all kinds of project.
Take a walk to akwa ibom,rivers and cross rivers,you'll get my point.
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by nigerianvenom(m): 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
kingofchess:
so what u r saying now is that buhari's government is corrupt right?

Uve said it all
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
ODVanguard:

Nna, quote me anywhere. Enugu metropolis, the most developed part of the state, is but a mere combo of two local govt areas of the entire state. The remainder are glorified villages. Even wikipedia quotes the size of the Enugu 'city' as a mere 43.63mi square while the entire state is 2,765mi square. Now compare that to Ibadan city, which is a whooping 1,189mi square. Enugu city/metropolis no big pass Ikeja sef. #Fact.
stop shifting the goal post. Enugu is more developed than Ibadan
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by AshiwajuFoward: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Because you guys are yet to pay up

For your mind. cheesy cheesy You had to dig up an obscure article from some nonentity talking trash to support your spurious claim. In Don Jazzy's voice: "Come and Collect it". grin

2 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Gbawe:
@OP

To claim "SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy" is nothing but an ignorant figment of your emptily braggart imagination and constant desire for d1ck comparison due to the inferiority complex eating you alive. You guys should get real and start dealing with facts instead of coming to bore us here with anecdotal tales of bridges in your Village you then take to mean you are richer than others. Your ignorance, coupled with the readiness to lie shamelessly in defence of your uniformed chest-beating, is amusing.

Look, we all know you wake up daily looking for ways to proclaim your region better than the SW but it is time you guys begin accepting reality to understand that you have much to do and that others are moving forward also. You tell us you can make your States and region Dubai-like yet we never see it. All we witness is half-baked lies and ignorant chest-beating about so-called "achievement" which are really nothing special, except to you, in comparison to what others have done and achieved. Like I always say, if the Yorubas were given to bragging or need the validation of others, because they are not secure in themselves, then the world will not rest because we will literally bombard everyone with noise about what real statistics favourably show about the SW.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/172621/1/to-the-people-of-the-southwest-the-third-largest-e.html

nonsense, southeast is currently experiencing faster pace of development than southwest, what's the use of GDP when it doesn't reflect on your people and can't change the number of dilapidated building with redroof in ibadan and Abeokuta. Please spare me the GDP talk because southwest looks so backward.

2 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

What's the use of these back and forth distractions here and there? Enugu might be more beautiful all round but Ibadan is bigger and more developed. No ancient traditional city can compare with a city planned and built in the last 100 years in terms of beauty.

5 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Op,i beg to disagree.
Apart from edo state ,the entire SS is now a construction haven for all kinds of project .
Take a walk to akwa ibom,rivers and cross rivers,you'll get my point.

Thank you. Is it not like a curse for someone to wake up daily and feel he must praise and over-hype himself over what is modest achievements in reality while putting down others with lies and ignorant assumptions? You see one or two flyovers and you are making noise yet what should Ogun folks do when their governor has built several and is delivering 15 flyovers in 2016? That some projects are going on in the SE today indicates similar or even far greater is not happening in other regions in Nigeria? Only our chest-beating brothers can make this silly assumption and deliberate under-estimation/ignorant writing-off of others.

5 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

Yeah, sure. Common standard flyover Enugu no get, even when the likes of Uyo sef don get am, and you dey wan flex with a whole Ibadan? Guy, you are on your own. You wan shift goal post trick me into another worthless, longggg and overplayed 'we develop pass you' battle. The facts wey I don embarrass you with for here alone don already prove my point, so therefore you are O.Y.O. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by simplycarro: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

Inside your head grin

1 Like

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
Abagworo:

What's the use of these back and forth distractions here and there? Enugu might be more beautiful all round but Ibadan is bigger and more developed. No ancient traditional city can compare with a city planned and built in the last 100 years in terms of beauty.
Ibadan maybe bigger biy when you talk about development, you will have to look it from social, cultural, economic and physical development. Of course I will agree that Ibadan is more developed economically, but no socially and physically. Enugu is more pleasant to the eyes than ibadan and that goes a long way to determine development.

Economic development without substantial physically improvement is dead, that's why you see flyovers in the middle of dilapidated building in Ibadan, their culture is so not developed and you will easily notice poverty in ibadan than Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
ODVanguard:

Yeah, sure. Common standard flyover Enugu no get, even when the likes of Uyo sef don get am, and you dey wan flex with a whole Ibadan? Guy, you are on your own. You wan shift goal post trick me into another worthless, longggg and overplayed 'we develop pass you' battle. The facts wey I don embarrass you with for here alone don already prove my point, so therefore you are O.Y.O. cheesy
onitsha has two standard flyovers, does that mean it more developed than Ibadan?, grin

See your life

Abakaliki will soon have two standard flyover, it means it will be more developed than Ibadan. You see how you reason?

Awka has three standard flyover, does that mean its better developed than Ibadan?

You people and ewedu reasoning sha.

1 Like

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
nonsense, southeast is currently experiencing faster pace of development than southwest, what's the use of GDP when it doesn't reflect on your people and can't change the number of dilapidated building with redroof in ibadan and Abeokuta. Please spare me the GDP talk because southwest looks so backward.

Only in your ignorant mind where facts and real statistics are ignored to be replaced by conjecture and silly assumptions predicted on illogical premises such as the number of mansions to be seen in a Village. Your talk of red roof is laughable because the reality is that Nigeria, save some decent areas every State can boast of, is a large slum and a big Ghetto. What people like you love to engage in, instead of joining others to brainstorm how we move forward from the mind-numbing backwardness we are all mired in, is "my slum is better than yours" jubilation whereas the reality for enlightened and exposed Nigerians, who have seen and experienced far better standards, is that a slum is still a slum and no better than another.

Slums may look and be marginally different but they are still slums and it is those who have experienced better who can tell people like you to get over yourself and stop silly comparison of what, to others, is worthless and still far below what is even average worldwide. The fact is that, compared to what obtains worldwide, no Nigerian region is decent enough or able to cover itself in glory. We should all get to work to move our respective States and region towards minimally acceptable levels instead of trying to brag about flyovers when others are enjoying bullet trains worldwide. As far as Nigeria goes, you are only engaging in self-deceit if you think the SE is currently growing faster than other regions or doing better than others because of your predisposition for ignoring facts in favour of anything that supports your thirst to always make a supremacist conclusion about everything. When you come here with lies then expect others to ridicule you with facts.

6 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

The number of ultra-modern estates in Ibadan and Abeokuta outnumber all the houses in the entire SE. The Development in the SW outpaces the SE by far. Oyo and Ogun host more combined multi-national and international organizations than the entire SE. Ibadan is host to so many foreign brands that are non-existent in the entire SE, e.g. KFC, Coldstone, Dominos Pizza, even the Shoprite malls started expansion here in the SW. Ibadan has over 5 Cinemas, Enugu has just 1. KFC has 3 Outlets in Ibadan, none in the entire SE. The largest Shoprite mall in West Africa is at Ibadan, not the SE. Dominos Pizza has 2 outlets in Ibadan, none in the entire SE. UPDC, the largest Real estate developers in the country (which only develops in Abuja, Lagos, and PH) recently delievered their first set of 50 unit estate at Ibadan, they have none in the entire SE. An ibadan estate, Alalubosa GRA, is listed in the top-10 of the most luxurious and expensive estates in Nigeria, none in the SE was listed. Arepo at Ogun state has some of the most ultra-modern estates in Nigeria (Citiview), nothing of the sort exists in the entire SE. All those Ibadan and Abeokuta red-roofs will remain there for posterity. We have more than enough real-estate/landmass to accomodate them while developing and opening up new areas, unlike you all that must build 'high-rises' to save space. Just let it rest.

6 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Oneafter: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ibadan maybe bigger biy when you talk about development, you will have to look it from social, cultural, economic and physical development. Of course I will agree that Ibadan is more developed economically, but no socially and physically. Enugu is more pleasant to the eyes than ibadan and that goes a long way to determine development.

Economic development without substantial physically improvement is dead, that's why you see flyovers in the middle of dilapidated building in Ibadan, their culture is so not developed and you will easily notice poverty in ibadan than Enugu.

Whats the meaning of there culture is not developed? You must be toddler that still live with his old parent cos you have been spewing trash everywhere. So someone with a brown roof now means poverty? You kids from that erosion ravaged region have serious complex problems, you wake up from your smelly room daily just to measure dick with your superiors. The Ibos in Ibadan will lynch you if they see you posting the trash above.

3 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Abagworo(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

A bigger city always has bigger problems like more bad roads, bigger slums and higher poverty as people migrate with a dashed hope of making it in the city. Ibadan also has some parts as beautiful as Enugu or even more beautiful but the truth is that the rusty part is more populous.

All of Nigeria is feeling the impact of fallen oil price and all the Governors openly admit they have serious financial challenges including Southeast and Southwest. Media war cannot upturn this reality.
Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
ODVanguard:

The number of ultra-modern estates in Ibadan and Abeokuta outnumber all the houses in the entire SE. The Development in the SW outpaces the SE by far. Oyo and Ogun host more combined multi-national and international organizations than the entire SE. Ibadan is host to so many foreign brands that are non-existent in the entire SE, e.g. KFC, Coldstone, Dominos Pizza, even the Shoprite malls started expansion here in the SW. Ibadan has over 5 Cinemas, Enugu has just 1. KFC has 3 Outlets in Ibadan, none in the entire SE. The largest Shoprite mall in West Africa is at Ibadan, not the SE. Dominos Pizza has 2 outlets in Ibadan, none in the entire SE. UPDC, the largest Real estate developers in the country (which only develops in Abuja, Lagos, and PH) recently delievered their first set of 50 unit estate at Ibadan, they have none in the entire SE. An ibadan estate, Alalubosa GRA, is listed in the top-10 of the most luxurious and expensive estates in Nigeria, none in the SE was listed. Arepo at Ogun state has some of the most ultra-modern estates in Nigeria (Citiview), nothing of the sort exists in the entire SE. All those Ibadan and Abeokuta red-roofs will remain there for posterity. We have more than enough real-estate/landmass to accomodate them while developing and opening up new areas, unlike you all that must build 'high-rises' to save space. Just let it rest.
Ibadan has only five cinemas, you see what I mean? How can Ibadan, as big as it is have only five cinemas when owerri and enugu has more than five each.

1 Like

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by betterABIAstate: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Abagworo:

A bigger city always has bigger problems like more bad roads, bigger slums and higher poverty as people migrate with a dashed hope of making it in the city. Ibadan also has some parts as beautiful as Enugu or even more beautiful but the truth is that the rusty part is more populous.

All of Nigeria is feeling the impact of fallen oil price and all the Governors openly admit they have serious financial challenges including Southeast and Southwest. Media war cannot upturn this reality.
enugu is more entising than Ibadan. That's what I know.

1 Like

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ibadan has only five cinemas, you see what I mean? How can Ibadan, as big as it is have only five cinemas when owerri and enugu has more than five each.

Bullshyt. Name them. I'm talking about the BIG names, like Film House, Silverbird, Genesis Deluxe, not some okrika Nollywood type shyt where people rent halls and show pirated films. Enugu has just ONE, and that is Genesis Deluxe Cinemas. Owerri doesn't even have one single one. SHoprite is just about to open at Owerri, and that's where the Genesis Deluxe Cinema Owerri branch would likely be situated. The Enugu Genesis Deluxe Cinema is the ONLY standard Cinema in the entire SE. Quote me anwhere.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by ODVanguard: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
enugu is more entising than Ibadan. That's what I know.

That's fine bro. And you're entitled to that. But that doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by Gbawe: 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:

So number of Cinemas is now a measure of economic prosperity and socio-economic development? This is the problem with you guys. You are so desperately devoted to trying to prove you are superior to others that you will even ignore facts and reality to then be embracing silly logic all in the attempt to make an ego-driven and non-existent point. Oga, please read the report below and get to work instead of coming here to make a fool of yourself. That new Governors are trying to deliver the dividends of democracy in States like Abia and Ebonyi where Theodore Orji and Elechi have gang-shagged the populace for 8 years does not mean you come here patronisingly proclaiming that this development is an indicator the SE is now richer or doing better than others.

It is widely accepted that the SW Governors, in the past 4 years, were some of the best performing in Nigeria with real and quantifiable gains made in the infrastructure sector. Enjoy what your new governors are doing and continue holding them accountable to do more but don't come here chest-beating about what other Nigerian citizens, in Ogun, Oyo et al, have been seeing for the past few years while the indolent leaders you electorally persevered with give you guys nothing. The problem is that you brag about every little thing and want to use it in your supremacist agenda, driven by the inferiority complex killing you, while others prefer to enjoy what their leaders are delivering while imploring them to do more. Whether you want to accept it or not, "lazy people" and "oyel money" , as you simplistically always posit in the effort to denigrate others, does not deliver the reality stated below. You can see the SW is the major contributor, by more than a whopping 50% per sector, to GDP contributing sectors with little to do with oil like trade, manufacturing, telecommunications and real estate. When will you guys ever reject empty chest-beating, learn to respect others and begin working with the facts and reality on the ground?

http://dawncommission.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Southwest-Economic-Trend-Recall-2015.pdf

More revealing from the GDP Rebasing exercise is the fact that Southwest is best positioned as a major driver in four (4),
of the top six (6) sectors revealed to contribute close to 70% of the overall GDP. The Region is tipped to contribute more
than 50% to these sectors (Trade, Manufacturing, Telecommunications and Real Estate). The Region's bulging middle
class in the cities of Lagos, Ibadan, Mowe, Ibafo and even Abeokuta in Ogun State are highly contributive to this feat.
These cities all resident in the Region are found to house more middle class people than cities in other Regions.
Southwest contributes more than One-third to the Nation's GDP

Inferring from the newly rebased figure, the SW economy is estimated to contribute over 35% to national GDP, with its
over 55% contribution to the service sector, which contributes about 52% to the country's GDP.

2 Likes

Re: SE States Lead In Financial Buoyancy Despite Antagonistic Budget From Fed by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

For your mind. cheesy cheesy You had to dig up an obscure article from some nonentity talking trash to support your spurious claim. In Don Jazzy's voice: "Come and Collect it". grin
Painment. Why not counter it with a superior argument other than denial? Seriously, I wonder why it is news to only tribalists like you.
Pay up abeg. SE is far afloat and so far has the best administrations since this economic collapse started

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Northerners Can’t Be Forced To Vote Southern President – Baba-Ahmed / Those Fighting Peter Obi Never Had Sense – Rev. Dr. Kelvin Ugwu / 47 Ex-governors, 10 Ex-ministers, Others Fingered In N2trillion Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.