Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa (19215 Views)

Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by aresa: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Justice Yunusa with N225,000 on January 7, 2014.

But Odubela, in reply to the allegation , said though it was true that Tarfa forwarded N225,000 to Justice Yunusa as EFCC had said, the money was not a bribe but a donation made by some friends of Justice Yunusa towards the funeral rites of his father-in-law, Alhaji Audi Damasa.

Tarfa, through Odubela, also described as untrue the claim by the EFCC that Justice Yunusa acknowledged the receipt of the alleged bribe by a text message which read, “Thank you, my senior advocate.”

He said, “Contrary to paragraphs 31, 54 and 55 of Moses Awolusi’s (EFCC operative) counter-affidavit, the access to the applicant’s firm’s Access Bank account details was done by the respondents after the arrest and detention of the applicant on 5th February, 2016 without consent and authority of the applicant.

“[b]That the applicant did not on 7th January, 2014 bribe Honourable Justice M.N. Yunusa with the sum of N225,000 or any other sum at all.

“That it was common knowledge in the legal circles that Honourable Justice M.N. Yunusa lost his father-in-law, Alhaji Audi Garba Damasa on the 28th December, 2013 in Maiduguri and travelled there to attend to the funeral rites.

“That the applicant and some friends of Honourable Justice M.N. Yunusa made some donations towards the said funeral rites and to commiserate with the judge since they could not physically go and commiserate with him in Maiduguri, where he was and stayed for a while.

“That the contributed monies amounted to N225,000, which sum was given to the applicant with the responsibility to get same across to the bereaved judge.

“That the applicant consequently made arrangements to forward the sum N225,000.

“That I know as a fact that it is common in Nigeria for friends and well-wishers to contribute gifts in cash and kind to people who are celebrating or bereaved.”

Tarfa had sued the EFCC to protest his alleged unlawful arrest and detention by the EFCC on the premises of the Lagos State High Court in Igbosere on February.

He is seeking N2.5bn as compensation for exemplary and aggravated damages as well as a public apology occasioned by his alleged unlawful arrest and detention.

He is being represented by no fewer than 34 Senior Advocates of Nigeria, led by Chief Bolaji Ayorinde (SAN).

While arguing Tarfa’s suit on Friday, his counsel, Ayorinde, maintained that his rights were violated and deserved his claims.

The EFCC, through its lawyer, Mr. Wahab Shittu, however urged the court to dismiss Tarfa suit with a “substantive punitive cost for lacking in merit.”

Opposing Tarfa’s suit on Friday, Shittu said Tarfa’s arrest was not unlawful because the EFCC arrested him on reasonable suspicion and had already charged him to court, where he had already been arraigned with trial fixed for March.

“Exemplary and aggravated damages can only be granted if it is established that the action of the respondents is high-handed; the applicant has to also show that the action of the respondent is wanton. But in this case, it is clear that the respondents were carrying out their statutory duty,” shittu argued.

After listening to both parties, Justice Idris fixed February 29 for judgment.

The EFCC arrested Tarfa on February 5 on the premises of the Lagos State High Court for allegedly obstructing operatives of the EFCC from arresting two suspects of economic and financial crimes by allegedly hiding the said suspects in his jeep.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/n225000-donation-to-judges-father-in-laws-funeral-not-bribe-rickey-tarfa/

SAN (Senior Advocate Of Naira)

I don laff taya. These overhyped Nigerian SAN people are nothing but petty and goofy liars after all... .... grin gringrin

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by aresa: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
So, how come the donors didn't just donate the money to the judge directly, why must the donation go through this crooked and corrupt SAN from his bank account..?

43 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by chriskosherbal(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
Okay oooo
Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by kunlexy1759(m): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Why d donation now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by seunmsg(m): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin grin grin very convenient. I thought they say lawyers are professional liars. This Ricky Tarfa is such a bad liar. Why will you as a senior lawyer contribute money for a judge who is handling a case you are interested in if not to influence the outcome? Is there no code of conduct/ethics in the legal profession? Haba! This guy should tell us another story abeg.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by praxisnetworks: 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
;EFCC is a very corrupt organization. How can you tender illegally obtained exhibits in a court of law? They are just fooling Nigerians with fake anti corruption charges. Now I am waiting to see how they'll wriggle out of this..... I think someone should sue EFCC for wasting taxpayers money and causing unnecessary and unneeded media distractions.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Tunami(m): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
lafs no be only donation, na akawo and contribution. Criminal.

17 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Tunami(m): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
no be only donation, na akawo and contribution. Criminal.

3 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by rusher14: 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
I take it the judge is of the Islamic faith.

If so, I believe the burial is usually done expeditiously (24 -48hrs).

I think someone is being conservative with the truth.

Also, what a terrible person the judge would be not to acknowledge some thanks for the support towards his father's burial.

Lastly, what correspondence took place for Tarfa to know the judge's bank details? Abi he don sabi the account tay tay?

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by fyneguy: 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin dem no sabi lie sef

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by modath(f): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
So these people think Others are mumu? cheesy cheesy

20 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by OlujobaSamuel: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
liar for Africa.

4 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by ckmayoca: 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Common 225000 for a judge and u called that chicken fee a bribe?. Cash that can't even secure u a job if u lobby with it. EFCC wan robe this guy oh. Is the judge that cheap?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
praxisnetworks:
;EFCC is a very corrupt organization. How can you tender illegally obtained exhibits in a court of law? They are just fooling Nigerians with fake anti corruption charges. Now I am waiting to see how they'll wriggle out of this..... I think someone should sue EFCC for wasting taxpayers money and causing unnecessary and unneeded media distractions.
I hate you

68 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by praxisnetworks: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
daretodiffer:

I hate you
You're welcome.

8 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by 9jatriot(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
corruption is hale and hearty - Femi Aribisala

4 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by amaechi1: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
praxisnetworks:
Meanwhile Tarfa is not just a silk he's a senior silk..... Atiku should have been a jailbird if not for Tarfa.

So, in your mind you think you have made a meaningful contribution.

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by praxisnetworks: 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
amaechi1:

So, in your mind you think you have made a meaningful contribution.

3 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Super1Star: 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
How come you are the chosen one out of all the so called friends of the judge that was ''banking'' the money?

How come that is the only judge you love taking your cases too?

If you did not deny the transfer of the N225k, then the report on the judge saying Thank You My Senior Advocate must be true too.

What you did is called 'inducement'' and you should be de-robed for bringing the Law Profession into disrepute and also jailed.

26 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by bokohalal(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Judge father -in- law , fa.

3 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by saints2(f): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nigeria is a joke. Did I read father's burial_? This man needs to spend a year in kirikiri

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by dustydee: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by FreePath(m): 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
What a confession

5 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by sevenhundred(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lawyers are Nigeria problem to tame corruption, A law should be enacted that if you are charged for corruption, you do not need a lawyer just defend yourself and say what you know. CASE CLOSE!!! but now judges are corrupts, who will defends them in court?

19 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Ecoterrorism(f): 1:50am On Feb 20, 2016
praxisnetworks:
You are damn brilliant. This is what a lot of people don't know about the law. I took time out to read a lot of legal fiction growing up and I know that its not what people think but rather what the law says

5 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by praxisnetworks: 5:34am On Feb 20, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
You are damn brilliant. This is what a lot of people don't know about the law. I took time out to read a lot of legal fiction growing up and I know that its not what people think but rather what the law says
Yeah but daretodiffer hated me for this...

1 Like

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Day169: 6:25am On Feb 20, 2016
..yeah right! tell it to the fairies.
See how some SAN's have become astute liars.

1 Like

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by datola: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2016
This man is in trouble. Just that the same set of corrupt judges will sit on his case.

10 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by engrflames: 7:12am On Feb 20, 2016
Bribery is corruption.Bribery is corruption.Bribery is corruption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by Ovamboland(m): 7:17am On Feb 20, 2016
praxisnetworks:

You mean you don't know that by Nigerian law, EFCC does not need a court order to access your financial transactions? Once the information is disclosed to a second party, your bank, the government has a right to the information

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by efilefun(m): 7:22am On Feb 20, 2016
saints2:
Nigeria is a joke. Did I read father's burial_? This man needs to spend a year in kirikiri
If na judge father he for dey understandable but judge father-in law Chaiii that man needs to start practicing how to eat 20 seeds of beans and 6 cups of water so KUJE/kirikiri own won't come as a surprise to him

ckmayoca:
Common 225000 for a judge and u called that chicken fee a bribe?. Cash that can't even secure u a job if u lobby with it. EFCC wan robe this guy oh. Is the judge that cheap?
Some people just reason anyhow, how much do land grabbers (omo onile) settle lawyers Sometimes less than 20k. People like you are the issues facing Nigeria cuz you don't like the government in power doesn't mean you trash everything done by it. Just imagine a DR visiting his friend's hospital do you think he would pay the normal amount other patients are paying Wise up man it's too early to think with ur anus

11 Likes

Re: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by BlackMerchant(m): 7:24am On Feb 20, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Bros, evidence, even if illegally obtained, is still admissible in court.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Wins Lagos Assembly Rerun / Mukhtar Isa Hazo Impeached As Kaduna Deputy Speaker For 'Incompetence' / Feminist Coalition Publishes Audited Accounts Of #EndSARS Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.