Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures (2048 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) / How Going To University Was Like In Those Days (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by Oooops: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
I visited Lagos state polytechnic Odogunyan yesterday, on a tour and to be sincere what i saw was a disgrace!
Now i obviously see why this superiority of the universities over the polytechnic exist!
It was merely like one of this old grammer school built in 1704.... no good structures, school environment planless, students packed in classes like sardine, and i just had to shake my head!
To think that there is a Rector in this polytechnic hurts me even the more, and yet we want Poly and Uni to be equal? Well, not yet...

well, in my personal opinion, we all had choices, some chose to go through the universities while some chose the polytechnic's! each have totally different things to offer and lets live with that! until this polys are upgraded and turned into a place of learning rather than where juveniles are displayed, then let the segregation continue...

Mind you i attended a polytechnic, one of the best in Nigeria with good infrastructure and sound practical knowledge.

But lets be sincere, universities shouldn't be compared to poly. Them nor be mate, and nor be we cause am. Government has abandoned them a long time ago, except perhaps the federal polytechnic!

I've moved on and gotten other degrees and still moving! i advice you all do same!

I drop my pen!

i rep Auchipoly!

1 Like

Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by mrnuur(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
They can be equal in other parts of the world

1 Like

Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by Wyse1: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
you are bias why not show us the school of engineering which is the best in lagos higher institutions.

1 Like

Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by Oooops: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2016
Wyse1:
you are bias why not show us the school of engineering which is the best in lagos higher institutions.

Wait, which school of engineering? laspotech? you could say best among polytechnics in Lagos!

By the way, you cant with a single department make noise that the school should be what it is! i was indeed there, and i can assure you its nothing to write home about!
Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by Oooops: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2016
mrnuur:
They can be equal in other parts of the world
I concur!
but definitely not in Nigeria... atleast our government has made it not possible! they started with the whole sidelining and this is where we are today!
God help us ni
Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by antispexish(m): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2016
op, is this the ikorodu campus or Isolo campus?
Re: How Can Polytechnic Be Equal To University? (LASPOTECH As Case Study)- Pictures by diegorod(m): 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
Oooops:
I visited Lagos state polytechnic Odogunyan yesterday, on a tour and to be sincere what i saw was a disgrace!
Now i obviously see why this superiority of the universities over the polytechnic exist!
It was merely like one of this old grammer school built in 1704.... no good structures, school environment planless, students packed in classes like sardine, and i just had to shake my head!
To think that there is a Rector in this polytechnic hurts me even the more, and yet we want Poly and Uni to be equal? Well, not yet...

well, in my personal opinion, we all had choices, some chose to go through the universities while some chose the polytechnic's! each have totally different things to offer and lets live with that! until this polys are upgraded and turned into a place of learning rather than where juveniles are displayed, then let the segregation continue...

Mind you i attended a polytechnic, one of the best in Nigeria with good infrastructure and sound practical knowledge.

But lets be sincere, universities shouldn't be compared to poly. Them nor be mate, and nor be we cause am. Government has abandoned them a long time ago, except perhaps the federal polytechnic!

I've moved on and gotten other degrees and still moving! i advice you all do same!

I drop my pen!

i rep Auchipoly!

Op ur head get oil.......I rep AP i rep statistics...

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Best Waec Result So Far? / The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC / Nigerian Orphan Becomes Best Graduating Doctor In Sudanese University(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.