Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,012 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Benin, Edo: Legends, Myths, Stories, History... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin, Edo: Legends, Myths, Stories, History... (4346 Views)

6 Nigerian Cultural Myths That Are Unfavourable To Women / Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benin, Edo: Legends, Myths, Stories, History... by ivineva: 9:56am On Feb 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I would like to hear the stories, legends, myths and tales you were told (as a child) about the Benin Empire / Benin City / Edo.
Ultimate goal is to write up/illustrate these for my children, and my children's children, to read, love and start a tradition of keeping this in our family.

I heard the story of how the Great Walls of Benin and the Benin Moat was made by a giant coming out of the river and "scraped" his one foot around the Kingdom of Benin as to protect it from any that want to harm it. Stories like that is what I am looking for.

Hopefully some of you can help me with this? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

The Legend Of The Origin Of The Hausa: Truth Or False? / Divorce Procedure In Igbo Land And The Significance Of The Bride Price / Afemai Descendants Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.