Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants (22878 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Phonon: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
You are a trained pilot that is supposed to be soaring high in your career and one day you wake up as a teacher.Nigeria can change your destiny for the worst.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by banmee(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
Siberia101:
Why should government spend it's money on training it's people to study a very expensive course that it's viability is very limited in Nigeria..

50% of commercial pilots here in Nigeria are expatriates, Nigeria isn't well grounded in the Aviation sector for now.

I have so many friends Government trained in NCAT, Zaria right now they just stroll around the town doing nothing other than moving from one club to another..

All we need is lots of industries in Nigeria to become an industrialised nation

If you believe this story, you'll believe anything. I don't think you understand how valuable a pilot is held. I wish I was a pilot. You can work anywhere in the world. All you need to do is acquire the license of the country you plan to work in. Bloggers sha.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by ajepako(f): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
Donfamous:
someone should help me answer this question

if they devalue naira, wetin go con happen to NAIRAland

Nairaland will either be DEREGULATED or SUBSIDIZED

Case closed...

grin grin grin
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by gsalvatore: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
I know kwankwaso is daft mere looking at him from a poster (I don't need to see him in person to know) as against what his propaganda zealot might want us to believe...

Look at how green backs were being wasted...white elephant project...11million down the toilet...
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by enginboy: 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=Likei post=43090922]Almajiris always thinking backwards. A pilot as an almajiri school teacher? I thought I've seen it all until now.[/quot
Ppl like you are de major prblm of nigeria nowadays, a human being with gorilla head.fool
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by RingimKabir(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Likei:
Almajiris always thinking backwards. A pilot as an almajiri school teacher? I thought I've seen it all until now.

Smh... The real product of BABY FACTORY!

God Bless Nigeria
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
If they were igbos, ipob youths would have marred this thread with vitriolundecided
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Rich4god:
They shld send dem to aso rock as stand by pilot... cos all d journeys wey buhari dey do, he will soon be needing extra hands.

Guy u funny die
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by sheettle(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Huh! I would not abandon Education Degree for LLB anymore. Now that trained Pilots are teaching and selling recharge cards,I should just complete this B.A(ed ) then start learning trade.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by amzee(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mannylex:
This is embarrassing to say the least. When would we get it right? There's always a good plan, but implementing has always being the issue from time immemorial.

But seriously , that lady selling cards after training as a pilot?? Can't she get something even more noble?
How about you getting her a noble job.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by obstead200(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mannylex:
This is embarrassing to say the least. When would we get it right? There's always a good plan, but implementing has always being the issue from time immemorial.

But seriously , that lady selling cards after training as a pilot?? Can't she get something even more noble?
I wonder ooooo @ the bolded.

I am sure her pple can feed and cloth her. If not, it is a wonder how they managed to train a pilot.
If It were me, I wud rather approach these airlines and offer to fly with them as a copilot for free. Am Sure if she can do that for a year and prove herself, something will turn up
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by haulagehandlers(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Dats de con3 u are hopein and prayin 4 dat it would b beta sumday abi?

Many of Nigerians leaders did not attend secondary school

FOR AXEMPLE WHEN SOME OF THEM ARE ABOUT TO BE SWORN IN;

E.g. M.C: MR LAI MOHAMMED WHO ATTENDED THE MILITARY SCHOOL OF KANO IS now ur minister of false information.

If a cattle rarer is our president who has neve entered an hot-ballon becomes a president

JUST IMAGINE THE result

* I HAVE A DREAM BUHARI WILL DIE IN A PLANE-CRASH*
Oh boy,your English na die......shuo I nearly get headache ......na Ogun go kill your English teacher......Olodo,oloorun,stole oshi

1 Like

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
from my understanding,this is a state deal,and even at it was not executed throw normal procedure,most of the initiators do not want to be implicated,i hope this is not what i'm thinking...hope this not another northernian endless pursuit on war supremacy in Nigeria,because the author said that most of them does fit inn ,this people we are reading about might not even know how to speak normal english
Anyi3:
Typical Nigerian way of doing things.
Allocate resources without thinking things through till the end.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by obstead200(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
banmee:

If you believe this story, you'll believe anything. I don't think you understand how valuable a pilot is held. I wish I was a pilot. You can work anywhere in the world. All you need to do is acquire the license of the country you plan to work in. Bloggers sha.
I believe the story bro. This is Nigeria. And as an inexperienced pilot, nothing for u.
But I still believe that these unemployed pilots already have the tools to change their destiny. They only need to change tthey mindset for a start.
The problem with guys who receive a lot of freebies from the government:- they develop a mindset that they are entitled to be spoon fed forever.

without prejudice, I must say that most northerners tend to exhibit the mindset of "Nigeria is owing me and must keep paying me till I die"

1 Like

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
It beat's my immagination,training 100 air pilot,from one state,what's the motive ,incase isis need some pilot he can supply them,because they said most of the men does not fit inn as pilot's,they don't even have the attitude,behaviour,nothing qualify's them as pilot's
gsalvatore:
I know kwankwaso is daft mere looking at him from a poster (I don't need to see him in person to know) as against what his propaganda zealot might want us to believe...

Look at how green backs were being wasted...white elephant project...11million down the toilet...

1 Like

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by greatcrown: 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
In addition to those interviewed, I think the ministry of labour needs to take the case of foreigners taking over jobs that are meant for Nigerians more seriously at this trying time.

The ministry of labour should look unto this and there should be a way to contact the ministry of labor when employer of labour appears to be compounding the unemployment issues in the country.

I think northern states should invest more in agriculture and education rather than all these fields that will not add value to them.

1 Like

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by free13: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
I hope the were not trained for Isis.... lipsrsealed
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Rainmaker2016: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Do the needful complete whatever training you need on your own. 11 million per person expended on 100 or 80 persons is a commendable feat from your state government. Count yourself lucky and forge ahead.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by 9jatatafo(m): 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
I hope BH and ISIS don't employ one of these trained aircraft personnel. Time bomb

2 Likes

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by slam7000(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mannylex:

The then Kano state government should be scrutinised for wasting $6.7m on 100 people. That's $67000 per person wasted in under 18 months to train these people when the fund should have been utilised into some more meaningful ventures. Meanwhile it probably cost less than $3000 to train each of these people in the universities for 4-5 years of their undergraduate programs. what is the use of pilots to Kano state government that Kwankwaso had to spend such a huge amount of money for aviation purposes?

How much would it have costs to retrain graduates with the objective of sending them back to the class rooms to teach?
How much would have been spent investing that money in agriculture and getting people to work in the farms or other agro based establishment.

Kwankwaso need to be questioned by EFCC.

2 Likes

Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
9jatatafo:
I hope BH and ISIS don't employ one of these trained aircraft personnel. Time bomb
same here..
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by foriz4u(m): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
so I should spend my precious time reading this long wailing of some beneficiaries that I've nothing to do with abi? una try.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by DajinDaho(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
I can not compared how people are c
commenting any how .
1-when these people where sent there was free education in kano state. I see no reasons of calling it misplaced priority
2-as for employment its responsibilities of government to provide education but findings job is personal initiative of the graduate
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Mannylex(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
slam7000:

The then Kano state government should be scrutinised for wasting $6.7m on 100 people. That's $67000 per person wasted in under 18 months to train these people when the fund should have been utilised into some more meaningful ventures. Meanwhile it probably cost less than $3000 to train each of these people in the universities for 4-5 years of their undergraduate programs. what is the use of pilots to Kano state government that Kwankwaso had to spend such a huge amount of money for aviation purposes?

How much would it have costs to retrain graduates with the objective of sending them back to the class rooms to teach?
How much would have been spent investing that money in agriculture and getting people to work in the farms or other agro based establishment.

Kwankwaso need to be questioned by EFCC.

I clearly understand your point , and though the initiative might seem as a misplaced priority, I feel if this idea was followed through as planned and executed judiciously a whole lot would have been achieved . In a country like Nigeria where we believe and rely only on the whites, won't it have been a brilliant idea if we have majority of active pilots in the country were Nigerians? Why should EFCC question him? What he used the money for is plain obvious.

His only offence is having a plan that was not properly thought through. It's also bad the new government don't share same idea with him, hence making the whole scheme look like and result in a colossal waste.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by papaejima1: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
Donfamous:
someone should help me answer this question

if they devalue naira, wetin go con happen to NAIRAland
It will hit the Land flat!! grin grin grin
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by gsalvatore: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
movingforward:
It beat's my immagination,training 100 air pilot,from one state,what's the motive ,incase isis need some pilot he can supply them,because they said most of the men does not fit inn as pilot's,they don't even have the attitude,behaviour,nothing qualify's them as pilot's
Bros the thing tire me...
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by AyakaDunukofia: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Alaminz:
even a well train pilot cant get job in naija....wat are we then....am afraid about our future...we are yet 2 finish our Bsc...wat now

At the bolded, what's so special about pilots (glorified drivers, if u will)...Then, visavis better educated graduates roaming the streets?
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by Bluffly: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mannylex:

This happens when we have Buffons, thieves and sycophants as leaders
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by stonemasonn: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
This might happen to most of NigerDelta guys who benefited from the amnesty program.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by sleetwreck(m): 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
Been there, done that. I finished my training as a commercial pilot, took me two years to get a job. I can feel the grieve of these poor guys. Yet whenever I go for a refresher course abroad, I find a thousand more enrolling into the pilot program. When will this end?
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by sirwilly1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Op, you been dey expect me to read all this finish? E no go work for you at all.

Back to topic. What should I say now? The money don go abi? Ok o.

First to comment.
Re: 80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants by GhajeeDiddi: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Dats de con3 u are hopein and prayin 4 dat it would b beta sumday abi?

Many of Nigerians leaders did not attend secondary school

FOR AXEMPLE WHEN SOME OF THEM ARE ABOUT TO BE SWORN IN;

E.g. M.C: MR LAI MOHAMMED WHO ATTENDED THE MILITARY SCHOOL OF KANO IS now ur minister of false information.

If a cattle rarer is our president who has neve
And ur ashawo mama n ur ogogoro addict papa go live 4ver

* I HAVE A DREAM BUHARI WILL DIE IN A PLANE-CRASH*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts / Quotes All Entrepreneurs Should Memorize / Minimum Wage: Dockworkers’ Wages Rise To N150, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.