Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,450 members, 7,853,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (64924 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

They have Gibbs, Wilshere and Ramsey coming up.
Arsenal should cope. . . . .They have a large pool of English kids in their youth teams.
The only snag is they are untested and unproven.

This would be sounding a death knell on Arsenal's EPL status and most like Wengers stay at the Emirates
What will these boys achieve? Untested, their talents are even still suspect.
All the same, they are still speculations until the 6+5 format comes on!!
But i bet you, a whole lot of English clubs will find it quite tough in Europe!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
Emperoh:

This would be sounding a death knell on Arsenal's EPL status and most like Wengers stay at the Emirates
What will these boys achieve? Untested, their talents are even still suspect.!!

yep I agree cool cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
Any word on today's team sheet?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
Cristalz
Why's your oga patrolling the Sports section? Are you on leave?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
Phony200:

Cristalz
Why's your oga patrolling the Sports section? Are you on leave?

Though i was the only one that saw him. . . . .more like a principal looking to see that the teachers on duty are doing their job! grin grin

Phony200:

I haven't heard zilch. . . .but will look at the previews to see what it looks like.
I think Kitkat will start today!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Maybe It's his time of the month grin grin grin grin grin grin Anyway, Kitkat should have a good workout today. It'll be nice to have them both in top form. That'll lessen the brunt of VdS's absence. DeLaet may also get some time today. Oh boy, it's going to be starting 22 this season. I doubt we'll ever repeat 11 players all season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chamotex(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Phony200:

Team news will come in around 6.30pm.
Carrick is expected to start though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
Foster

O'Shea Brown Evans Evra

Park Carrick Anderson Giggs

Rooney Owen

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Berbatov, Scholes, Valencia, Gibson, De Laet
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chamotex(m): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Let's go . . . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
Go Owen!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
I really wish we could stay here as usual and comment on the match. It's really annoying having to go to the match thread. Chai. . . PMS is a very bad thing grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
In unrelated news, Everton have dropped Lescott from their Uefa squad today. Maybe they should just sell the bum. He was really shitty on saturday and likely had only Man Shitty's millions in his mind. Who can blame him? Two excessive bids and a transfer request. . . This guy is getting desperate. His current form will absolutely ruin them. He's not beyond own goals o.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chamotex(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
New striker anyone?
We need a flair player
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
Yeah rite.
Maybe they should sign you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by mukina2: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

we were going to lose to everton and we won

we were going to lose to celtic and we won

they were going to burn burnley and they got burnt grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
chamotex:

New striker anyone?
We need a flair player

Knee-jerk reaction.
We said the same thing in the last 2 seasons. . . . .

In FERGIE i trust. . . . .Berbatov, Macheda, Rooney and Owen can win the league.
Of course, United's defence woulda been tighter with Rio/Vida/VDS axis playing but i don't really see why Fergie should shell and buy players.
Nani is a flair player but injured. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chamotex(m): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Knee-jerk reaction.
We said the same thing in the last 2 seasons. . . . .

In FERGIE i trust. . . . .Berbatov, Macheda, Rooney and Owen can win the league.
Of course, United's defence woulda been tighter with Rio/Vida/VDS axis playing but i don't really see why Fergie should shell and buy players.
Nani is a flair player but injured. . . . .

Not at all
Owen is not agile and mobile enough at the moment. I still don't think he's fully fit.
I'm one of his biggest fan but he didn't play well today.

One flair player, is that enough?

I'm not worried but the Birmingham performance wasn't that convincing either.
I'm a 100% sure we will bounce back. We've lost to Wolves and Derby in the past, it's not a new thing.
It just wasn't our day . . . . . It was confirmed when Carrick missed the pen.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
chamotex:

Not at all
Owen is not agile and mobile enough at the moment. I still don't think he's fully fit.
I'm one of his biggest fan but he didn't play well today.

Owen shouldn't be starting away from home. . . .
Away games are more difficult to win so Fergie shouldn't have started Owen.

One flair player, is that enough?

Who is available? Aguero??
The dude destroyed Panathinakos tonight.

I'm not worried but the Birmingham performance wasn't that convincing either.
I'm a 100% sure we will bounce back. We've lost to Wolves and Derby in the past, it's not a new thing.
It just wasn't our day . . . . . It was confirmed when Carrick missed the pen.

The only time we have started well in the last 10 seasons was the 2006/7 season.
SAF decided playing catch up to Jose Mourinho's Chelsea wasn't working so he took the bull by it's horn from the onset.
I am telling you United will be tied on points to the league leader by November.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chamotex(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
I'm sure if Carrick had scored that pen, it would have been a different situation.

That Alan 'You'll never win with kids' Hansen is going to chat bollocks on MOTD tonite as usual.
He should be castrated.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
Stop. Press.

Manchester City just defeated Barcelona at the Nou Camp. They did not park the bus. The defended in numbers when necessary, but were very brave when they had the ball.

Manchester United lost at Burnley. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who runs this city? Us, City. . .thats who!! cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Naturez(m): 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Who is available? Aguero??
The dude destroyed Panathinakos tonight.

Destructive like a bulldozer grin grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
chamotex:

That Alan 'You'll never win with kids' Hansen is going to chat bollocks on MOTD tonite as usual.
its not actually him chattin bullshyte now its mark lawerenson giving crap and useless excuses as to why michael owen was basically a pile of dog's faeces.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
chamotex:

I'm sure if Carrick had scored that pen, it would have been a different situation.

He should be castrated.

They all know the scores. . . . . .
No one would wanna eat back his vomit. . . .U have to be sure to chat fuckery about SAF.
Hansen said Fergie won't be perturbed about the result but the ABUs will always say Ronaldo's exit is the reason United didn't spark.

I cannot count the number of games Ronaldo failed to shine last season.
Ronaldo played in all those boring 1-0 games we copped last season but how people forget things easily can be amusing.
Once we beat Wigan on Saturday, the dust will settle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Aug 20, 2009
The scumtwats lost.

Make e no be say the yabs wey I prepare for assanal, na him scumtwats wan carry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2009
And how did I manage to miss this epic tie?
What? Burnley beat MU? Even Carrick couldn't convert a penalty?

Can anyone suggest a song (in spanish) that goes with such spectacular and fully deserved victory? cheesy grin

@Dayok,
Update your sig abeg. Remove the U-19 unless you to add the word "former"? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2009
Nothing is won in August.
In fact, it will be foolish to predict anything now.
But Manure has got to be winning games against the likes of Burnley.
Come on
Manure batters the bottom teams, that's what has been crowning them has league champions.
It will be a bit difficult if u fail to get the maximum points from Burnley and co.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2009
HNIC:

Nothing is won in August.
In fact, it will be foolish to predict anything now.
But Manure has got to be winning games against the likes of Burnley.
Come on
Manure batters the bottom teams, that's what has been crowning them has league champions.
It will be a bit difficult if u fail to get the maximum points from Burnley and co.
can u remember our draw with now relegated sides like Reading and Newcastle?

but still, i agree we had no reason not to beat Burnley
im going to sack someone very soon angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by toba1909(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2009
What's the fuss all about

The season have just started,
Arsenal thrashed Everton 6-1 at Goodison park last week, wink wink wink
the goofs was that the season is fresh.

Spur down Liverpool same week, cheesy cheesy cheesy
still same song of the season have just started.

Man U lost to Burnley yesterday, same rhythm of season just started is renting the air. grin grin grin

A Fulani woman pregnancy will sure beget a light in complexion child. but one can spy and see what will be the outcome o. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 8:36am On Aug 20, 2009
Burnley deserved  their win. They worked their socks off, and for the most part played an open game for a club of their level.
ManU were never in full stride and the team lacked coherence (too many out of step passes). When they did have the few moments of brilliance, the Burnley keeper rose to the occasion.
Owen is still far from posing a genuine goal threat (he kept on missing the ball0 while Berbatov stayed too deep. Several times the ball was played into the box but there were no ManU players attacking it.
Still, it is too early to make much of the defeat. ManU typically finish stronger than they start.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2009
Next game is away to Wigan. . . be careful. e no go funny if u don't bag the 3 points.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2009
Krayola2:

Next game is away to Wigan. . . be careful. e no go funny if u don't bag the 3 points.
i dey fear sef
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2009
Ronaldo would have decimated Burnley yesterday.

Even Nani would have troubled em.

So Mancs, how does it feel having to grind out results like every other team, instead of relying on superman week in, week out?

We will see how tough you are.

Bloody one man team, living off Ronaldos reflected glory.

If not for Ronaldo, SAF would have retired 3 years ago cos he had lost his mojo.

I maintain that SAF's insistence on playing an open game will hurt Utd without Ronaldo to out-attack the opponents.

All will be unravelled!

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (101)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.