Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market (920 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On / Naira Strengthens Further Against Dollar On Parallel Market / Speculators Get Their Fingers Burnt, Naira Strengthens To N310/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by hakinze00(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nigeria’s naira has finally strengthened against the US
dollar after weeks of free fall on the parallel market.
On Friday, February 19, the currency gained N360 against
the American dollar which means that the pressure on the
national currency has eased. However, some unofficial
traders sell it at N370 per dollar and buy at N367.
Reuters reports that Nigeria’s overnight interbank lending
rate dropped to an average of 1% on Friday from around
4.5% on Thursday as the market anticipated refunds of cash
deposited by commercial lenders for foreign exchange
purchases.
According to traders, liquidity dropped sharply and the cost
of borrowing climbed after commercial lenders moved cash
to their naira accounts with the central bank to enable them
to take part in the weekly forex intervention on Thursday.
On Tuesday, February 16, banks deposited about 700 billion
naira to back their planned forex purchases, draining
liquidity in the banking system and pushing the lending rate
above 4%.
“The cost of funds dropped today (Friday) based on
expectation that the central bank will refund a portion of
cash deposited for forex intervention before the close of
business,” one dealer said.
Once a week, the central bank usually intervenes in the
official interbank foreign exchange market to provide
dollars for eligible importers. It requires commercial
lenders to fund its naira account 48 hours ahead of the
intervention.
Traders said that they were expecting around 450
billion-500 billion naira in refunds from the central bank,
raising the level of cash credits in favour of commercial
lenders and helping to hold down interbank lending.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has rejected
calls to devalue the currency of Nigeria, stressing that he
would not “kill the naira.”
https://www.naij.com/737073-breaking-naira-strengthens-dollar-black-market.html/?anna&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_group=free
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by kentuta(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sources or i dnt believe it...

modified....
If this is true, I think it will relieve us a bit from the untold hardship that we are passing through now.
lalasticlala confirm and do d needful.
FTC... all thanks to made in naija server...5g loading undecided
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
kentuta:

Keep deceiving yourself!
But if your pastor was bashing a prophesy into your life, you will accept it without asking for SOURCE!
Haters of anything Good news!

Lalasticlala confirm this news and send it to promise land joor!
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by hakinze00(m): 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
kentuta:
u can see the source after the text
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
lets watch out....i know this dollar scarce is cheap politricks.....

See as everybody will be hailing baba for bringing back dollar to normal exchange rate.....

That man has no clue of fufiling his campaign promises....

I wonder those that said they know economics will say now
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by kentuta(m): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Keep deceiving yourself!
But if your pastor was bashing a prophesy into your life, you will accept it without asking for SOURCE!

bro na quarrel i still maintain my stand...source or....and for my pastor, I know his source and if he uses that Mighty Name to lie eehh...chai na sorry em name go turn to...wink...I understand ur pain...food scarcity grin
Agubushmenyo:

Keep deceiving yourself!

bro na quarrel i still maintain my stand...source or....and for my pastor, I know his source and if he uses that Mighty Name to lie eehh...chai na sorry em name go turn to...wink...I understand ur pain...food scarcity
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by dandoki: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Dead bones shall rise again!
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by kennyman2000(m): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmmmm...
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by politricks: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
I hope this is true
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by laurel03(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
Baba Bubu abeg don't devalue our Naira but just try on BDC price... #9jagobetter
Re: Naira Strengthens, Trades N360-367 On The Black Market by keypad1: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
I will not praise that nepa certificate holder till he brings 1 dollars equal to naira

(1) (Reply)

Online And Offline Business That Can Fetch You A Legit Money / Transcription In Nigeria / Skrill Payment System Now Open To Nigerians plus free 30 USD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.