Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce (1081 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce, Ugochi Mitchell Ihezue And Stephanie Agbasi Pictured Together / Ben Murray-Bruce And Akon All Smiles As They Pose Together In Lagos / Ben Murray-Bruce Pictured With Regina Askia Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Profemmy001(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yesterday was the 60th birthday and book launch of the Silverbird boss, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce. However, at the same occasion, students of the Departments of Mass communication and Political science were disgraced there. See the formal complaint:

Why do we people usually fail to practice what we preach? A person who claims to be an advocate of equality and general COMMON SENSE approach happened to have been the same person who treated the students of the departments of Mass communication and political science, University of Lagos, with so much segregation and disregard. So much for COMMON SENSE. At the 60th birthday and book launch of the Chairman, Silverbird group, Sen. Ben Murray Bruce, this was exactly the case. Besides the fact that our presence was hardly notice and not recognised, we were fed like we came to beg for food, The book, which was promised to the guests didn’t even get to us(I’m guessing we weren’t categorised as guests), and also, even after the President of the Mass communication department sent a letter to senator Ben to call his attention to the situation, he turned a blind eye. #NotSoCommonSense. The major reason why I attended was that I thought that it will provide me with the opportunity to meet the key players in Nigerian politics, entertainment, business and other fields. How wrong was I? I, Akinseye Oluwafemi of the department of Mass Communication, happened to have been present to witness the appalling and below human treatment given to us students. But we were invited here, I thought. Or did we gate crash? I refuse to be silent on this and I appeal to you also to forward this message until it gets to Sen. Ben, so that he can understand that his actions were #NotSoCommonSense after all.
‘Femi Akinseye
Mass Communication
UNILAG.
Nigerian youth.

Source: UNILAGPULSE... the heartbeat of Akoka.
Click https://unilagpulse./2016/02/20/unilag-students-disgraced-by-ben-murray-bruce/ for more details.
#UNILAGPULSE #NoCommonSense[img]

Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Cutehector(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
So y'all wanted to sit with elders on the high table

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by cruzita(f): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
I hope u guys have learnt your lesson
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Profemmy001(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cutehector:
So y'all wanted to sit with elders on the high table

Not that...The students were abandoned as if they gatecrashed.
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Profemmy001(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
I hope u guys have learnt your lesson

What lesson?
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by cruzita(f): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Profemmy001:

Which lesson?
stop attending all those high class events even on invitation because u won't be noticed unless u are one of them
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Profemmy001(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
stop attending all those high class events even on invitation because u won't be noticed unless u are one of them

But he claimed to be the man with the #CommonSense and an advocate for egalitarianism.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by vicstar(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
blame it on the organizers undecided uncle bruce was too busy u don't expect him to acknowledge everybody present
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by dajoaneke(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
Give the man a break for God sakes. Were you students formally invited? If only you knew what it takes to organise guests, dignitaries for that matter. Dont you know he is also in need of connections? Its his birthday and book launch not owambe. perfection and precision to program must be attained. Use your #CommonSense
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by Glovicdaprince(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Re: Unilag Students Disgraced By Ben Murray-bruce by ibebnb: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
brother I thank you for talking sense into their heads they are only being selfish in their reasoning without trying to be rational in their conclusive statements please who are you and what is your profession I would like to know you more you just taught me some lessons from your advisory write-ups to those irrational journalists that thinks about themselves only I am Arc Emmanuel 08165621938 I reside In aba and ph pls would want to know u more thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Test Of Love: Who Would You Save (picture) / Genevieve Nnaji Shares Major Throwback From 10 Years Ago / Hilarious Caption A Nigerian Girl Gave A Photo She Shared On Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.