Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted (609 Views)

2 Military Helicopters Spotted At Aso Rock (Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / Saraki Spotted At The Cinema With His Children In Ilorin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by kYjelly2: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
Back then, they castigated GEJ for naira fall to 216, as shown in the pic below and comments on nairaland.

Now APC chief zombie be like:

oduastates:
NOTHING I WANT MORE THAN FOR CRUDE OIL PRICES TO FALL MORE AND MORE .
This is the best thing to shock the country out of uselessness. And if people refuse to change , let them continue to suffer.
It will also be good for the Niger delta

At this present moment , I believe that the true value of the naira is closer to N5000 if you discount oil.
Basically means that Nigeria does not export anything , does not make anything and will forever remain dysfunctional until the bitter medicine is applied
Restricting dollars does work . It did work in 1983 .
It means that individuals and companies whose business are built on importation and dumping of basic items will suffer and possibly collapse .
It also means that potential local alternatives will grow out of the ashes .
I cannot forget how South Korea used Nigeria to experiment and dump those paper Daewoo experio cars .we allowed them . Countries come and dump in Nigeria without restrictions while they put all sorts of restrictions on Nigerian agricultural produce.

Nigerians want to buy what they cannot afford .
What has changed between 1983 and now is the taste for excessive luxury.
What has never worked in Nigeria is the devaluation.
Every devaluation in a Nigeria has always led increase in poverty while the looting elites later bring back a little bit of their looted dollars to buy government properties for cheap.
To show you how the useless Nigerian economy behaves, tomatoes , onions and beef sellers have increased their prices because of the devaluation of naira.
When exactly did dollars become the Nigerian currency.
None of the inputs into the production of these two goods has suffered a corresponding increase in price.
What you have there is an economy that simply does not work . For a few years under Obj , it felt like Nigeria was about to build a truly middle class led economy . That dream was blown away by Yar Adua and Jonathan
This is why I support the dismantling of the current system of excessive importation which I hope will be followed up by the dismantling of the informal sector as shown by the behaviour of these tomatoes seller.
This crisis remains an opportunity. Let the elites cry and starve for the dollars .
This crisis present and opportunity to change the way Nigeria works .
A Nigerian value chain can be built without much effort . If your drink factory need orange concentrate , source it locally . Mango is wasting away in Benue , tomotoes is rotting away in the north .
Talking about priorities,
Ondo was building useless conference centres when it should be building Cocoa plantations . Cross river was building Tinapa instead of palm oil , Akwa ibom was building stadium instead of pineapples and coconut , Osun building airport instead of plantain.
Do they know that they can build an entire value chain on what they have ? From chocolate to soap , cosmetics ,detergent,lubricants, medicine etc

hehehe grin grin

zombie mode fully activated angry

the force is strong with this one

2 Likes

Re: Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by Tpave(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ok. If you ask me na who i go ask? We have acted and still waiting for the results. Nigeria will be great again. Please hit like if you believe.
Re: Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by kYjelly2: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
so zombie oduastates, if you and those of your ilk always knew all along that $1 should trade for N5,000, then why were you guys stressing the PDP

#zombie

2 Likes

Re: Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by kYjelly2: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
Tpave:
Ok. If you ask me na who i go ask?

whatever you do, just be sure not to ask a #zombie angry

1 Like

Re: Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by TippyTop(m): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Tpave:
Ok. If you ask me na who i go ask? We have acted and still waiting for the results. Nigeria will be great again. Please hit like if you believe.

I agree with you Nigeria will be great again but not with Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Typical APC Hypocrisy Spotted by kYjelly2: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
So to summarize #zombie logic

[size=15pt]$1 to N216 = Bad for the Nigerian Economy[/size]

whereas
[size=15pt]
$1 to N400 = Good for the Nigerian Economy to encourage local production
[/size]

meeeeeeeen, do you guys see such gross irrationality

that's what happens when one becomes a #zombie undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Naija Goods To Grow The Naira. #madeinnigeria-photo / Saudi To Offer Nigeria $2.5bn For More Extremism After #zariamassacre Read More / INEC And The 2015 Kogi Gubernatorial Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.