Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper (1109 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / David Mark Wins Benue-South Rerun / ​ David Mark Wins Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2016
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/david-mark-wins-rerun-election/232518/

Senator David Mark yesterday emerged winner of the rerun election conducted in Benue South senatorial district by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The immediate past senate president and candidate of Peoples Democratic Party defeated his closest rival, Mr. Daniel Onje of All Progressives Congress after winning in five of the nine local government areas of Benue South Senatorial district.

According to the results announced by the INEC returning officer, Professor Isiaka Eneji. Mark had 18,468 votes in Otukpo, his native local government, while Onje polled 12,203. In Obadigbo LGA, Mark scored 6,844 while Onje scored 8,882. Others are Ado LGA, Mark 6,513, Onje 6,370; Agatu LGA, Mark 7,986, Onje 3,456; Okpokwu LGA, Mark 11,935, Onje 6,830; Apa LGA - Mark 9,191, Onje 4,942.

By this victory in the court-ordered rerun poll, which followed the nullification of his election by the Court of Appeal, the former senate president, who would be doing his fifth term at the upper chamber, will retain the status of Nigeria’s longest serving senator. He is also the country’s longest served senate president.

The Court of Appeal, sitting in Makurdi, had on November 28 last year nullified the election of the former senate president, upturning his confirmation last October as winner of the March 28, 2015 senatorial election by the election petitions tribunal. The appeal court also ordered a rerun of the poll within 90 days of its ruling.

Yesterday’s contest, which was held in a generally peaceful atmosphere, was a straight fight between Mark and Onje, a former students’ union leader. Mark is 68 years old, while Onje is 41. Benue South senatorial district is peopled mainly by the Idoma, and Mark and Onje are of the ethnic nationality.

Besides Benue, rerun elections were also billed to hold yesterday in Kaduna, Plateau, Niger, Nasarawa, Kogi, Taraba and Imo states, the first set of the 80 court-ordered elections that INEC said it was scheduled to conduct between January and March. Though, the elections for Plateau and Imo were later postponed.
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by boman2014: 7:24am On Feb 21, 2016
By this victory in the court-ordered rerun poll, which followed the
nullification of his election by the Court of Appeal, the former senate
president, who would be doing his fifth term at the upper chamber, will
retain the status of Nigeria’s longest serving senator. He is also the
country’s longest served senate president

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbprWL_UAAE4mMH.png:small[/img]
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by boman2014: 7:25am On Feb 21, 2016
make tis man go rest na
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by pussyphilia(m): 7:26am On Feb 21, 2016
Congrats sir!
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by HungerBAD: 7:27am On Feb 21, 2016
I don't believe this Story.

Thisday Newspaper? Have they returned their Dasuki ATM Money?this Paper has an Axe to Grind with the Government, so will report Falsehood. It is like believing anything about Buhari from AIT or RayPower.

My verdict?False reporting.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by Remii(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2016
Congratulations to David Mark, this is what Supreme Court prevented by allowing Rivers and Akwa Ibom governorship elections to stay, those guys would win though will lower margin. So I see those SC judgements as cost saving, lol

1 Like

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by BaddieKay(f): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2016
Congratulations
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by AngryNigerian(m): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2016
David Mark...where is he from

That name is not Nigerian

...but congratz shaa
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by NextGovernor(m): 7:35am On Feb 21, 2016
This clearly confirmed to me that APC only rant on media. Politics is local, you enlighten your people on what you want to do but instead APC will go to media and be claiming the election when they aren't mobilising or doing the grassroot work. I think I have to respect the person of David Mark very well now. He won the Federal force and to those who still think supreme court judgement on governorship eleection was wrong, this is a clear case that those elections was actually won but APC wanted to steal them thru back door.
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by sandraokosun: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2016
ja
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by phemmie06(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Oya now, lawyers where una de, food don ready in three phases
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by solid3(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmmm, this David Mark, how does he do it?

Na only him? Hope he gets to begin to open his mouth in the Senate chambers when he resumes.
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by funkyibodude(m): 8:05am On Feb 21, 2016
A winner is always a winner and a loser always a loser, when will APC ever learn, you can't just use only 2 years in power to uproot a party that have been in power for 16yrs.. It's impossible, congratulations David mark. See you in court coz I know that's what is next

1 Like

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by funkyibodude(m): 8:11am On Feb 21, 2016
NextGovernor:
This clearly confirmed to me that APC only rant on media. Politics is local, you enlighten your people on what you want to do but instead APC will go to media and be claiming the election when they aren't mobilising or doing the grassroot work. I think I have to respect the person of David Mark very well now. He won the Federal force and to those who still think supreme court judgement on governorship eleection was wrong, this is a clear case that those elections was actually won but APC wanted to steal them thru back door.
APC is a joke of a party, all the know is just to make noise and threaten thunder and fire, while in reality the are just empty vessels, well as the old saying goes empty vessel make the most noise
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by Femich18(m): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2016
But but is David mark d founder of Benue State? Is dre no credible candidate again in dt senatorial district. 16yrs and stl running. Humans are generally selfish. I'm sure he ll tell dem that he's representing his pple. Nah only him dey dt region?
Anyway congrats 2him
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by drss(m): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2016
who in his right senses will vote for a broom party at dis time when N400 = $1, mass unemployment n lassa fever everywia in just 9months in pawa Congrats to david mark, d longest serving senator eva in d history of nigeria. PDP power!!!!!!! cheesy lets do it again in edo. cool
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by bigerboy200: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2016
Congrats anywy...Nigerians deserve the leaders they get...
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

Thisday Newspaper? Have they returned their Dasuki ATM Money?this Paper has an Axe to Grind with the Government, so will report Falsehood. It is like believing anything about Buhari from AIT or RayPower.

Unfortunately for you, your verdict is useless.

1 Like

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by BushidoBlue(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

Now when someone call someone Zombie e go dey vex....

1 Like

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by BushidoBlue(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2016
NextGovernor:

Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2016
I'm happy PDP won but I'm sad that David Mark is going back to the Senate.

It's a pity our NASS seems to be more of an old people's home than a law making house?angry
Re: David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper by cckris: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nigerians have seen that APC is a SCAM, creating more HARDSHIPS with their dubious Budget, through which they plan to STEAL 2 trillion Naira, out of 6 trillion, of mostly borrowed money.Democracy is not FOOLISHNESS.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Picture: When Two Heads Are Not Better Than One. / Lagos Crisis Continues Despite Market Shutdown / Coca-cola Hosting Biafra Campaign At Igweocha(port Harcourt)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.