Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women (10484 Views)

Beware Of Women / She Uses My High Sexual Drive To Her Advantage In Resolving Our Misunderstanding / 4 Categories Of Women & Their Views On Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Chidoks:

"You wanted to turn him into your ATM machine" is not suggestive. It's an accusation and her narrative didn't suggest that.
As for your other questions let's forget about them, I'm not good at digging up unnecessary issues
OK accusation u say and she defended herself. Accusations aren't offensive. It's left for the receiver to defend themselv or not. Look chidoks, on a very normal day I would hav ignored you but I deemed it necessary o clear out some issues with respect to the way people perceive things here in social media. I really don't mean any harm to anyone here and no matter what your perceptions abt me in social media are, it still will not change who I am in reality

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nobody is entitled to anyone's help. Women hardly help men and men do not whine about women being stingy and mean. Why do women think they deserve help without rendering a service in return? If you cannot show corresponding goodwill kindly try the next man.

Granted, you saved him some money, but how does he know that wasn't an elaborate scheme concocted by you and your friend?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
Timbuktou:
Nobody is entitled to anyone's help. Women hardly help men and men do not about women being stingy and mean. Why do women think they deserve help without rendering a service in return? If you cannot show corresponding goodwill kindly try the next man.

Granted, you saved him some money, but how does he know that wasn't an elaborate scheme concocted by you and your friend?
just a very good question. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Olasco93: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
I got the OP's message. It's never a wrong thing to ask for help from the male folks. Though, all men are not the same, but what she is trying to say is that Some of the men doing this should be matured and upright. What's the Big deal in rendering assistance (mostly ladies) without any wrong motive, selfishness or self-centeredness.
#Think before you act.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
Timbuktou:
Nobody is entitled to anyone's help. Women hardly help men and men do not whine about women being stingy and mean. Why do women think they deserve help without rendering a service in return? If you cannot show corresponding goodwill kindly try the next man.

If it was an elaborated scheme to eat his money then why did I turned him down? Some Men are wolves in sheep clothing, they take advantage of vulnerable women to swim in their selfish pleasures. So are you in opinion that goodwill should be exchange for favour?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
Olasco93:
I got the OP message. It's never a wrong thing to ask for help from the male folks. Though, all men are not the same, but what she is trying to say is that Some of these men should be matured for once. What's the Big deal in rendering assistance (mostly ladies) without any wrong motive, selfishness or self-centeredness.
#Think before you act.

May God bless you for this my dear, what's wrong in just helping without requesting for favours back?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by richyblink1(m): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ginaz:
I remembered when I was looking and running up and down for money to pay for my project, I won't lie things were hard at home. I happened to run against a man on my way coming from the market. He initiated a conversation, me being the friendly type I joined in. He gave me his card, I got home and not clearly being interested gave his card to my friend. My friend conspired to dupe this man of his money to which I was clearly against.

I called him that morning not to transfer any money to any bank( he was at the bank when I called ready to transfer 30,000 naira to my friend's account). He was grateful to me and readily requested I asked a favour anytime from him. He offered to send me 20,000 to sort out my project wahala but there was a catch. I should date him!

I was furious and more than disappointed, whatever happens to just helping a fellow being? I've been in this situation more than thrice, why do men behave pervertly ? This happens everyday, they give you money in exchange for your body, can't they help without taking advantage of the situation?

I'm sick and tired of this, why won't they help from their heart? This got me thinking men in power to help are perverts. embarassed I know a lot of women are suffering and destroying their lives cos of this embarassed

What exactly was in your mind when you gave a total stranger's call card to your friend?

His perception about you changed when your so called friemd tried swindling him of his money.
Most times we believe friends acts in agreement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by xendra: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
richyblink1:

What exactly was in your mind when you gave a total stranger's call card to your friend?

His perception about you changed when your so called friemd tried swindling him of his money.
Most times we believe friends acts in agreement
Na lie oo nothing like perception. I helped a man get accommodation for a night once, because he told a pathetic story of how he had to overspend money and now dont have enough money to get a place for the night cos he didnt know his journey will turn out the way it did. and he turned around and said "I am really grateful for this. if it not for you i wld not have a place to sleep this night.you know what I would like to repay you, be my girl" as if he was doing me a favour, and this was a married man...or maybe he taught i helped him because of the story he told me of how he is actually a millionaire during the day but broke at night cos dats all i heard in his story ...anyway perception or not, men dont just help women anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by richyblink1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
xendra:

Na lie oo nothing like perception. I helped a man get accommodation for a night once, because he told a pathetic story of how he had to overspend money and now dont have enough money to get a place for the night cos he didnt know his journey will turn out the way it did. and he turned around and said "I am really grateful for this. if it not for you i wld not have a place to sleep this night.you know what I would like to repay you, be my girl" as if he was doing me a favour, and this was a married man...or maybe he taught i helped him because of the story he told me of how he is actually a millionaire during the day but broke at night cos dats all i heard in his story ...anyway perception or not, men dont just help women anymore.

When you say "men don't just help women anymore" are you implying that you have had encounter with every single man out there?
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Chidoks(f): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Cutehector:
OK accusation u say and she defended herself. Accusations aren't offensive. It's left for the receiver to defend themselv or not. Look chidoks, on a very normal day I would hav ignored you but I deemed it necessary o clear out some issues with respect to the way people perceive things here in social media. I really don't mean any harm to anyone here and no matter what your perceptions abt me in social media are, it still will not change who I am in reality
Noted! One thing is clear though, most of us have multiple identities ; some for faceless forums like nairaland, and others for our everyday life. The big question is if we ever pause to consider the effects of our actions/speech on others.
You're absolutely right, how I perceive you is inconsequential.
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
Chidoks:

Noted! One thing is clear though, most of us have multiple identities ; some for faceless forums like nairaland, and others for our everyday life. The big question is if we ever pause to consider the effects of our actions/speech on others.
You're absolutely right, how I perceive you is inconsequential.
nairaland isn't a faceless forum, it's just the users who are tag it that way. Seun did not create nairaland to be faceless. Even his picture is showing!

No matter how civil you are in your comments, people will always be human beings.. if u should read the op's thread from the beginning, you can clearly see that the only person who was dishing out vulgar words was the op herself. So u should be directed the bolded to her.

I hardly engage in e brawl with people here online unless such person(s) deserve such.
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ginaz:

If it was an elaborated scheme to eat his money then why did I turned him down?

Some Men are wolves in sheep clothing, they take advantage of vulnerable women to swim in their selfish pleasures.

So are you in opinion that goodwill should be exchange for favour?

But he doesn't know that, does he?

The rest of your post is basically preaching to the choir.

I'm of the opinion that shìt happens and I know for a fact that nothing goes for nothing generally.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Timbuktou:

But he doesn't know that, does he?

The rest of your post is basically preaching to the choir.

I'm of the opinion that shìt happens and I know for a fact that nothing goes for nothing generally.

That's what is wrong with this generation, nothing goes for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Joy1706(f): 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Cutehector:
well u need to stop depending on men... if u need smth, u ask ur father or work for d money, so all these would stop.
Can u honestly say you've never asked anyone for help apart from ur parents?
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by HARDDON: 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ginaz:

I wasn't turning no one into any ATM, at least if I wanted to I would have allowed my friend eat his money. He offered Me a help, not the other way round undecided

Yea, he offered to help after u painted him ur gloom story.
Guy u just met, u already told ur life's history.....what happened to decency?
If he had sent the money, it wud hv been d beginning of many more.....n since he aint getting any, hence the maga term
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by HARDDON: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
Joy1706:

U just meet random people n ask for stuffs Huh? Puleez

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
Joy1706:

i"m currently employed darling. cool

Do I look like someone dats dependent?
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Dheartless: 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
ladies should just for Bleep sake stop thinking they deserve anything from an independent man.
like someone said, do you see men running around crying "this random lady who has nothing to benefit from me said I should do this before she helps me "?
and even if it happens it is almost 'not existing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by ronald4lif(m): 2:55am On Feb 22, 2016
The problem is with some women have cultivated the habit of depending on men for their every needs and with some assuming a false sense of entitlement on a man's money.

There are some ladies who thinks it's their birth right to ask a guy for money and have no shame while doing so. And the funny thing is that they have no chumminess and rapport existing between them before begging for money from these 'Samaritan' men.

Based on your narrative, there was no friendship and goodwill between you and this man but you already besieged him with your problems. Why not relax until you've developed a strong friendship before besetting him with your personal issues?

The demand was too speedy and he may have thought you're also trying to take advantage of him. Thus wanted some quick hanky-panky to compensate for his kind gesture.

The growing false sense of entitlement of some women and unceasing dependence on men for their needs has even made it difficult to render any assistance to women lately. Especially the tone in which they use in making their request.

And I'm wondering why it's easier for women to beg a guy for money than their fellow women? It's not in men' habit to beg for money from women but from fellow guys so why should women be different?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by raumdeuter: 5:58am On Feb 22, 2016
You ask a man you dont know for financial favours

A man asks a girl he doesnt know for sexual favors

Tit for tat no cheating

Next time dont ask any a man not your relation sor money

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2016
HARDDON:

Yea, he offered to help after u painted him ur gloom story.
Guy u just met, u already told ur life's history.....what happened to decency?
If he had sent the money, it wud hv been d beginning of many more.....n since he aint getting any, hence the maga term

I didn't tell him any life story, he offered on his own undecided
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by SkinnyDude(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2016
the last time i offered financial help to a girl, it didn't go well... this time, even your body, i don't want.. just carry your body dey go.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2016
ronald4lif:
The problem is with some women have cultivated the habit of depending on men for their every needs and with some assuming a false sense of entitlement on a man's money.

There are some ladies who thinks it's their birth right to ask a guy for money and have no shame while doing so. And the funny thing is that they have no chumminess and rapport existing between them before begging for money from these 'Samaritan' men.

Based on your narrative, there was no friendship and goodwill between you and this man but you already besieged him with your problems. Why not relax until you've developed a strong friendship before besetting him with your personal issues?

The demand was too speedy and he may have thought you're also trying to take advantage of him. Thus wanted some quick hanky-panky to compensate for his kind gesture.

The growing false sense of entitlement of some women and unceasing dependence on men for their needs has even made it difficult to render any assistance to women lately. Especially the tone in which they use in making their request.

And I'm wondering why it's easier for women to beg a guy for money than their fellow women? It's not in men' habit to beg for money from women but from fellow guys so why should women be different?

First of all, I didn't beg and until you understand this phrase you will misquote everything. He bluntly told me in no terms that he wants to help in anyway he can. I never opened my mouth to ask him for money please.....I've got myself some respects. This man is just egocentric like all other men out there, they use their money as bait to entice and trick women into sexual acts. But cos you're so quick to judge you can't see that.

they scheme plans to entice. They are countless of women in positions like this, men will come in disguise of bringing a helping hand only to say something else. Ain't we just human being depending on God for favours? This is no gender discrimination here, what's wrong in lending a helping hand to your fellow human being? This is not a issue of birthright and can never be! Is never a birthright to eats someone's hard earned money. Is not a birghtright for the men gender to render a help and expect sexual favour either.
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by omoharry(f): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2016
Ya..it is not advisable to ask or collect money or any kind gift that is not warranted for from a man you are not in a serious relationship with..becos thier ways are not always pure...that is life..nothing goes for nothing especially when you are dealing with the male counterpart..i was to brought be independent and managed the little i have. So i depend on my hard work to cater for myself and my needs.the last person to seek for help from is from a man...i would rather run around my family to get whatever i need, that is if that thing is urgent and necessary..But most of the time, i usually save from my hard earn cash to do my things, take myself out , pay for what ever i need to do.and raise my head up where ever i go in confidence..I have never used a phone bought by a man before..right from my university days..this is becos i hate begging...and asking for things that will be used against me.My boyfriend only send me gift when he feels like but i dont ask....I have always paid for all my things..This is to avoid situation like this.So girls..try and work hard for your money to pay your bills and no man can disrespect your womanhood.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by egopersonified(f): 9:40am On Feb 22, 2016
How can you tell a stranger your problems bearly 24 hours after the first meeting. The day we start to have some self esteem is the day we would earn anyone's respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Ginaz(f): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
egopersonified:
How can you tell a stranger your problems bearly 24 hours after the first meeting. The day we start to have some self esteem is the day we would earn anyone's respect.

Please and WHO said I DID miss? undecided
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by mira4u: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
undecided You didnt ask him for money, yet you told him(a total stranger) the challenge you had, hence, he decided to give you 20t (according to your first post) to sort out your project. Here you are, crying fowl cos he wants sex.

Begging in disguise is still begging.

Where is your self esteem?

*sighs*
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ginaz:

That's what is wrong with this generation, nothing goes for nothing.
It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by tpiar: 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cutehector:
offensive? I can't recall making offensive statements here.. please kindly notify me of any offensive statements I made please.

And what issues ar u referring to? cool

are you a learner?

perhaps you resemble the lady's ex.
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
tpiar:

are you a learner?

perhaps you resemble the lady's ex.
shut ur trash
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by tpiar: 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cutehector:
shut my trash

i guess the op has the right approach to you!
Re: Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women by Cutehector(m): 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
tpiar:

i guess the op has the right approach to you!
mchew... stvpid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.